Marathon Trainers

Week of 10/25 (Read 160 times)

Dave

Welcome to a new week guys. Hope your weekend runs and races were everything you hoped.

I thoroughly enjoyed running with and linking up post race with Perry, Kim, and Kevin (trikev) and his wife. Race went well for me. 1:16:30 for a 7:34 average pace. Slowed a little in the final mile (7:57) but pacing was pretty good. Fastest mile was a 7:15 at mile 2. My left foot is bugging me so I will rest it a bit. Might be gout but the pain is in a strange place on the outside of my foot. I'm in DC until Wednesday for work. Longest trip in a while. Easy runs, everyone.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Nicely done Dave.  Seems we don't get a chance to meet up when you travel.  Maybe next time.

6 for me this morning, nice and slow.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

I saw your time on FB, Dave, and just shook my head in amazement.  Really nice race.  Hope the foot is nothing serious.

This week will be a cutback, and honestly, I've earned it.  Ran like a madman last week and finished with another record high in mileage at just over 56 miles.  What excites me most about that is the way my body responded to it.  Tight legs, but nothing serious.  Even with my cutback, I'm on pace to top 200 miles in October and running just seems to be getting easier and easier.  Don't know how it will translate at my marathon in Dec, but I'm enjoying what's happening right now.

Have a great week, everyone.  I'm thrilled to be a part of this group and for all I'm learning by reading about what you each do in your training.

MTA: Easy 5.6 miles this morning.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Kimmie

I just posted on my running group's website that I'm not running Marine Corps and someone can have my bib.   If no one takes it, then I may still go down there and run half of it, but that may seem like a weird thing to do.

I lifted weights this morning and cleaning the house today.

Dave and I chatted about how much Team Blister can help with motivation, just to keep encouraging everyone to post often whether you're running much or not.

theyapper

On the road again...

Dave and I chatted about how much Team Blister can help with motivation, just to keep encouraging everyone to post often whether you're running much or not.

+1

The discussion here has helped me more than you'd ever know.  I miss it when it gets quiet.

Paul

evanflein

Paul, I'll tell you how all this running is going to translate into your December marathon. You're going to run a huge PR, dude. Be ready for it. Smile

Dave, that was an awesome race for you on how little training you were able to get in. Very nice.

I ran a total of 62 miles last week and I think that's a 2010 weekly PR. I don't think I got over high 50's before Boston, but I'll have to go check. I don't know how some people run regular 70, 80 and more mile weeks.

ETA: I just checked my log and I did run 63.5 the last week of August before Equinox. So, close but no PR week. Oh well.

Today I'm planning a nice RAL, nothing much, just 4-5 miles in the sunshine. I don't usually run on Mondays, but tomorrow will be a travel/work day with dinner right after work so no run happening then. This will also be day #7 in a row of running, something I don't usually do whether running a lot of miles or not. So far so good...

Hawt and sexy

I is alive and I seem to be training again.

The manslave and I just took a local RAer out to eat. She is a poor college kid. You gotta feed the college kids, they need all of their money for books and beer.

I'm touching your pants.

Nice neighborly thing to do for the college kid, willamona

No run for me today.  Resting and healing, I suppose.  

theyapper

On the road again...

Just took my DW to the airport.  She's off for a week in Peru to help a friend who's a missionary down there.  She gets to spend a week helping wrap about 1200 Christmas presents for elementary students in Lima.

Got back and ran 6.2 miles that felt very sluggish.  Could have been the warm temps (75F) or my increased mileage lately.  At any rate, it's done and now I'm starving!

Good to see you around these here parts, W. Wink

Paul

7.2 for me @ 8:35/mi -- felt really easy despite the warmer temps and humidity (it was only 68° by us, though)

It is cooling down for the weekend, though Smile

theyapper

On the road again...

5.5 recovery miles in the sauna that has become my late October.  Legs are tired.  Already my highest month ever and still 2 more runs to go before I close the book on it.  On pace to hit 200.  I need a nap.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

Today looks to be the last day of unseasonably warm temps here in the Carolinas.  And it's a rest day.  Cooler weather rolls in tonight just in time for my week-end runs!

It's quiet here.  I need to read about the running exploits of the amazing runners on this team.

Begin......

Paul

heh

no exploits for me, only 5 easy miles this morning.  2 more to run on Saturday, then race on Sunday.

then I will think about what it would take for me to make 2000 for the year after that Smile

evanflein

No exploits here either, really. Spent Tuesday and Wednesday in Anchorage for meetings. Ran 5.3 on the hotel treadmill on Wednesday morning and it felt like a sauna in there! Why do they keep those rooms so hot? I've been in a lot of hotel fitness centers and never have had one cool enough. This one was like a closet. Bleh.

I should've brought my stuff for a lunchtime run, but it got left in a stinky pile in the laundry machine that never got started. So... I'll take care of that tonight. Today is parent-teacher conferences (only have one kid to do that for now!), then I'll run on the treadmill while dinner's in the oven. I can handle that kind of cross training.

Amanda, just some stray kid? Or someone you know? My kid is doing his best to get every dime's worth of chow out of his meal plan. And I think he's making up for some of the kids who don't eat much.

Dave

Quick checkin today.  Will catch up later.

Back in the office today after 3 brutal days of conference in DC.

Foot turned out to be gout and it was much worse from the time on my feet at the conference.  No recovery running since but better today.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com