Marathon Trainers

Week of 7/12 - 7/19 (Read 186 times)

checking in. Darn PF has been nagging me, so Ive rested this week. Have a golf weekend and will hit it again next week. Sick baby not helping things. She gets tubes in her ears Tuesday. Glad to see Kimmie around and better!
    AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Wife ran 2 miles today on the track. She took 2+ weeks off (PF), and is trying short runs this week. Now she'll ice and see how she feels tomorrow.

Ran a leg in a 4x400; was shattered. Probably need to warmup and do striders beforehand.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Dave

Too many injuries with Mrs. Amores and Murphy both out.

Glad to see you back, Kim.  With that low HR, you'll return to form in no time.  

I've stayed consistent this week with a rest day on Tuesday and then a 5 miler last night.  Some speed work in mile 4 but otherwise mostly easy.  I've got some travel weeks coming up so I hope I can keep more focus on training.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

I've been quiet this week - ended up not running Tues or Wed - but ran 7 this morning.  It's a cutback week, so another run tomorrow and Sat will be enough.  Not feeling 100% today, either, but it's not running related.  Just been kind of lethargic the last few days.

Glad to see you're back on the road, Kimmie, and that we all volunteered you to run Steamtown.  

Hope all the PF injuries heal quickly.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dave

Non-running stuff does intrude .

4 and a little for me today out in the soupy humidity.  I've got no complaints though.  86 and humid beats 95 and humid every day of the week.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Kicked off my Friday with a run just under 5 miles followed by a nap.  Now, it's work time.

Paul

Hawt and sexy

I feel like I am never running. I have been missing two days at a shot because of the heat. Ugh. I has stuff to train for. I think I should train, but damn it be hot.

I'm touching your pants.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

You should train.

evanflein

3.3 mile fartlek run for me, just tuning up for tomorrow's 8k.

Amanda, you need to HTFU. (easy for me to say... it's in the 60's here this week!)

theyapper

On the road again...

I with you on the heat.  I don't remember it being this hard last summer, but I was running a lot slower then, and I'm guessing that might be why it didn't seem as bad.  I keep telling myself that we're halfway through, although here it's hot well into Sept.  But at least after August there are plenty of fall-ish days sprinkled in to make it bearable.

Almost 10.5 miles this morning.  Had a decent cutback week.  I seem to be on target to get my mpw up to 40 by the end of August.  We shall see.

Paul

Dave

You know the world has changed with yapper's cutback weeks include a 10 miler .

Never thought I'd say this but Amanda needs to HTFU.  Hot, schmot.  Easy for me to say living in Michigan but we're in the 90's too right now.  

Another rest day yesterday.  Legs a little beat up.  Hoping for 10 on Sunday morning early.  

Both kids were at a sleepover last night.  My wife and I had a formal function and the house to ourselves this morning.  Expecting all the kids (ours and their friends) in the door any minute for a big breakfast to give the other family a break.

MTA:  I actually posted that about Amanda without reading Erika's post.  Great minds think alike.  Frighteningly alike.  

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Cashmason

3 mile run this evening.  First run in months without pain.    Actually fun to run tonight.

90 degrees this afternoon, but probably only 75  at 6 pm when I ran.

Here I am, Dave.  My killer assignment finished up maybe a couple of weeks ago, but I still am having trouble finding time to read/post, for whatever reason.  I think I still don't have time to visit at work, and the time between getting home from work and going to bed is also still pretty short.  Time to retire Smile

Way to go Cash, no pain sounds great.

Good to see you running again, Kim.  It'll come back.

Like others, I am having trouble with my training because of the heat.  Today I had to cut an 18 miler short to 16 (2:38) -- I was just wiped.  And I'm running pretty slowly, too -- still getting wiped out.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Raced short yesterday morning & evening,  and then didn't do my planned trail run this morning, and am now depressed to have missed it; I was looking forward to it -- to getting a bunch of time on my legs without pavement. Darn.

MTA: Congrats on the distance in the heat Lou. That's further than I managed today. I went out thinking I'd try to go long, but managed less mileage than you got -- but I was happy enough with it. I was also very happy to hit a county tourist info building twice, which had a nice cold water fountain. Part of my problem was that I got tired of the water bottles on my belt sliding around. I'm going to have to get something more comfortable.

Dave

10 and just  a little this evening.  First run over 10 miles since March.  Felt like it too.  Tough hilly course on top of the distance.  Hurt a bunch and the heat was rough even here.  Made the mistake of running with only two bottles on my fuel belt.  Not anywhere near enough in the heat.  No place to refill either.

Way to stick it out, Lou.  Cooler temps are just around the corner .

dgb2n@yahoo.com