Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/29/2008 - 1/6/2009 (Read 352 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Nice streak by the way... my initial thoughts are to either take the day off or cross train however if it were me i'd probably do a 1-2 miles shake-out.

Hail to The Victors!

Good Morning Guys and Gals.. Little time to write, but quick question. If you slept like crap (turn and toss because you're sore, tight, and ran a bunch the last two days) do you run a recovery jog today, easy XT or day off?
      Maybe a recovery jog? 3-4 miles?

Dave

I'd take the rest day. No need to compromise a good week next week for one extra run this week. 2x5K race is a pretty big toll on the legs.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

I'm going to take a no-run day, skip out of work early to go to a movie with my boys. Anybody seen Marley & Me?

Bugs

Happy Camper

initial reaction: take a day off. you have been running a lot lately.
            Advil! Advil!Advil!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Bugs

Bugs

Bugs, I agree with the day off, especially if you aren't sleeping well. So, I don't check in for a few days and we have a new member (hey WRFB), a virtual race, a 2000 mile runner, anything else? Sorry I missed your race Bugs, but I did run a 5k on New Years Eve. Since DW is now almost 38 weeks pregnant, there were no big party plans, so I ran a 5k that started at 11:45 PM. Shouldn't have played 2 hours of basketball the ngiht before, because I ran a 24:10, but it was a blast. My New Year Resolution is to post more. Happy New Year everyone! Brian

Dave

It has been a busy week. My New Year's resolution is to post less and run more Big grin Brian, looks like the count down is getting to the final weeks. So exciting. I took advantage of Bugs' rest day to log an easy 6 today. Had to get my car inspected so I dropped it off and went for a run until it was ready. Probably would've only gone 4 otherwise. Considering a rest day tomorrow but Sunday is looking rainy and I was planning on my long run that day. Kimmie, I am training for the full in March. Speaking of which, I've got to get a real schedule together at some point for my long runs. Right now I'm just winging it. MTA: Huge shock when I plugged Hal Higdon Intermediate II into my schedule. I'm supposed to be at 16 by Sunday and the schedule has those back to back Saturday medium distance pace runs followed by long on Sunday. Looks like I have my work cut out for me.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Hey Dave and WRFB, since you're somewhat local, you should come run the 10 miler I'm racing in the morning... it's in Kensington Maryland. low key- only $5.00 put on by the DC road runners, I think. Question for anyone: Should I warmup for a 10 mile race? I don't warmup very well at all- like sometimes i'm standing in the bathroom line when I should have been warming up and stretching... but 10 miles is longish?? don't know... Hey Brian- welcome back! My 2009 resolution is to run more, post more, try to run more miles than Dave and Bugs... Smile and work on my witty retorts

Happy Camper

Really?
                      I don't take them every week. When I have a bad fatigue hangover I'll write myself a scrip and take 3 @ 200mg before bed to quiet the washed out feeling. A glass of wine before bed is also good to help get to sleep when fatigue has peaked. just sayin.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Cashmason

Shan, as an endurance athlete, most of my muscles are lower body. Erika posted the only pic of me on the internet a long time ago. Hope she lost it. I have no clue how to get photos out of the camera and onto a site like this or into an avatar.

Dave

You mean this one: MTA: You are WELCOME !! Big grin Big grinBig grin

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Cash - yup you are a handsome devil just like I suspected! Bugs - hope you enjoyed the movie! Brian - yeah!!!! Kimmie - yes! Dave - Darn you!
                              since you're somewhat local, you should come run the 10 miler I'm racing in the morning... it's in Kensington Maryland.
                              That would have been fun, Kimmie, but we're in Austin for the weekend. Hi, Husker!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

You mean this one:
                                Hmm, I have a good picture of Erika, PDR and myself -- not with me though. I'll try to remember to post it when we get home.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com