Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/6-1/12 (Read 387 times)

Happy Sunday everyone! Great run this evening. Did 6. Hit my weekly goal thanks to my long run last Monday. Saw literally 50 dear in a field on my run tonight. Was pretty cool. Was drizzly but warmer. Was a comfortable run. I will add others as administrators--so any creative folks in the group feel free to pretty up the front page. Or add pictures, etc. Im pretty much adding everyone I recognize from cr. If I dont add you and you want me to let me know!

Oh Mighty Wing

Happy Sunday!! Murphy - so nice to hear that you had a good run! My run did not go so well, but I did see LOTS of deer also!! 5 rough miles so I stopped instead of torturing myself for another 5. oh well. looks like the weather is going to be nice this week so i'm hoping to get some good running in!

Happy Camper

Morning everyone! Getting ready to go out again. Snowed over 4 inches yesterday. That an the elevation really kicked butt yesterday. I live at just over 700' so moving up to 6,300 can slow you up for a couple of days. Hope I do better today. Ran 14 slow ones. HR was up there at slow pace. The sky looks clearer as the sun is coming up so hopefully better mountain views. I will have to run a different route with Monday morning traffic. I will be headed back home tomorrow. Picked up a nice "ultra clava" yesterday and a down jacket for $cheap$. Just can't find the good gear for winter back home like you can close to ski country.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Bugs

Erika, One odd thing about that 12K race is they have weight categories instead of by age. I was 123 in the 100-125 pound cat last year. I'm 125 this year, but don't think it will make a difference, it's a competive race. However if you're a heavy weight, you will probably go home with hardware. Really a stupid way to give awards, IMO. ShanGen, Sorry you had to cut the run short. Wasn't that long ago 5 miles was a long run for you. You're doing great! Maybe your coming down with a cold? Murphy, How about putting our calendar on the Home page? I would like to find a new calendar provider. Calendar.net server is too busy. P2R, Any pictures? Did you look for a local race there? I would like to try and import my log from Garmin Training Center into this. If I can't do it think I will manually enter it one of these days. Not like I have 25 years of logging. I love looking at everyone's logs. Although, I'm kind of starting out the new year not running, which sucks but it's just for the short term. I will be back. Been up since 1:00 a.m. with a sinus headache. Lovely weather here, and I feel much better than yesterday. Took the boys out for breakfast. My biking class was full! All those people with new year resolutions. Signed up for Saturday morning class. Maybe 1 day a week will be better for running.

Bugs

Bugs

Did you guys see the Garmin is coming out with a 405? Not very different from the 305, but supports a wireless sync.

Bugs

evanflein

Hey 'Thoners! How's it going? This is my first full day of work in quite a while... well since last year! I just worked partial days last week Wed thru Friday, so this week is gonna be tough I can tell already. Got in 19 miles yesterday... 16.4 outside, 2.6 in on the treadmill. I was going to run outside for 18, but DH showed up and asked if I was ready for a ride home. What the heck, I was getting real tired of all the trucks passing by way too close and blowing snow all over me. It was a tough run... we've had "flurries" of dry powdery snow that gets blown over to the shoulder, and it's like running in 6" of cornstarch. Ugh. Amazing how light on my feet those last few treadmill miles felt! I guess this is the start of my condensed taper for Carlsbad. Two weeks to go, dont even have hotel reservations yet! Roll eyes I'm so out of it.

Oh Mighty Wing

Instead of a run today I decided to do something much much more important - take my dog for a long over due walk! It's 60 here and it would be a great day for a run. However, Tater HATES the cold and wet weather (he prances around trying not to get his feet wet and shiver in the cold) so it's been a while since he's gone on a walk other then a quick trip to the mail box so i decided that I couldn't pass it up. Pace - where are you? Bugs - I think it's that time of the month where i always have trouble with running. Blush What's a biking class? Did you have a nice breakfast with the boys? Guess what - I've lost a full wedding dress size since August!!! I had to go exchange the one I had for size over the weekend!! yeah!!! Erica - I don't think i would like snow being blown on me by anything other than the wind. It's never a good sign when Monday makes you think it's going to be a long week! By the way I would like to thank you all for your motivation and support of my whinny behind!!

Dave

Shan, Nice to hear that you were able to get outside with Tater (I'm guessing he's not the slimmest of dogs?). How cool that you dropped a wedding dress size! Way to go. Erica, once again I'm humbled by reports of the weather that you run in. I'm ashamed to tell you that it warmed up to 70 today and I enjoyed an easy 6 in shorts and a t-shirt. Felt like running in southern California, not Virginia in January. Bugs, hope you feel better. On the running import from training center, it doesn't look like Eric has an import script for it yet (it is a pretty huge .tcx file with all your detailed HR data). I know he's working on a way to import directly from the Garmin so it may be possible to import the .tcx file as well. The question was asked here http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/f5423ba4a7344eb6950c122d657d0329#focus But I notice that Eric never answered. I think some of my easy (low heart rate) training is paying off. Might have been the weather but I was able to maintain an 8:50 pace today without going too much over my target HR. Felt really nice. But then again, it was 70 degrees and sunny. Blush

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave - nice logo!!! Nice run also!! This is Tater: he's 16lbs. which is near the low end for his breed. He's actually very trim and fit, but he's about a year old and gets really hyper when he doesn't get to go out for a while. So I thought this would be a nice treat for him and change of pace besides his snuggly life on our couch chewing on his bone (or cap from whatever bottle he could nab). wow 8:50 you rock!!
                    Cashmason

Legs still sore after yesterdays half. So Boy Genius went out and rode 27.5 miles today.

Oh Mighty Wing

Cash - I was thinking about you yesterday because i hadn't thought we had heard from you. maybe i just missed it I will go and look. So what you are saying is you expect to still be sore today? ETA: HI BEAUMONT!!!
                        Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Did 4 wonderful miles, no discomfort. Looks like I'll be ready to jump right back into this. Sure am glad. I couldn't pick a nicer day to run, either. It was in the mid 40s for my run. Shorts and no jacket. I almost wore a short sleeve shirt just because I could, but had a light long sleeve shirt laid out so I went with that. It was so nice. I am totally looking forward to focused training next week! Oh, I found the most awesome spot for long runs, I may try it next weekend. There's not a flat spot on it, and there's one hill that's over .9 miles long - perfect for training for Akron this year - can't wait to try it.
                            Mr Intertia, I see you made the jump from CR. Are you planning on sticking with both sites, or are you here for good? I tried it over there for long enough, but the activity just didn't pick back up. Bummer. I really like it over here though.
                            Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Not sure if I'm quite ready to bail just yet. I'd generally be ok with it, but there's a new influx of newbies there (NY resolutions and all). I like giving them nudges here and there and guidance fromt time to time. This year's influx is different than those of the past. Previously most of them have been along the lines of "I've never run, am overweight and want to run a marathon in 5 weeks". The new batch generally fall under the "I'm out of shape, WAY overweight and desperate, can anybody help me?" banner. Been there, done that so I'll probably drop in and offer what I can for a while yet.
                                I watched the football game so didnt get out for a run last night. In retrospect, I should have ran!! ugh. Uber-windy today, but I will put in my miles. Should be a good workout. Great to see more people coming over here. I check in on the CR board occasionally. But it seemed really dead last time I checked in. Got a Nintendo Wii Sat night. Is it ok to count that as cross-training? Cute dog Shan..