Marathon Trainers

7/21 - 7/27 (Read 162 times)

Happy Camper

Good day Monday! Just had to say that. Unexpected day off for me. Long story, hopefully a good ending. DW found a deal on craigslist for laminate flooring. We are now into day 3 of what was planned as a weekend job. Rain tomorrow and with 4 dogs & 3 cats we need to get the underlayment covered before the tracking in starts. Hopefully we will be ending extra pets will be going home in August. DD returns from Kuwait. It will be nice to get back to the normal petload around here. Did the Showme Games Duathlon yesterday. Warmer than last year and I ended up 7 minutes slower. Averaged just over 18 mph on the bike. I was suprised by a front derailer that did not move the chain. First time it hasn't worked and it was during a race. I was able to climb the hills with it in the high position but a few had my legs and lungs screaming. I could only manage 29 minutes for the 5k. No serious leg lock but was just gassed and did not pick up the pace. Total time for the 20 mile bike and 5k was 1:37:08. 3rd place age group. Labor Day Marathon may be off now. It will all depend on when DD gets back to Colorado. With that being a rare time DW could travel during the school year, we would go see her then. If she is able to make it back earlier I would enter, but training has just been miles of easy runs this year and not much of a plan. I would just have to run it for the fun of it and look for a later marathon for time. Now back to the alternative workout. No running for me today. Hopefully, a nearly finished floor.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

Pace - I remember when my mom put in new flooring - it was a nightmare. But it was well worth it!! I'm sure yours will be too once it's all done. Pace sorry the dulathon didn't go as planned but it still doesn't sound bad! Official Marathon Training Began Today!!!! 3 miles. Things that happened in the last 12 hours - I broke my 60 day streak and found out DH and I will be trying again next month. I think i'm going to try and stop paying attention to myself - it would probably help if I was back at school with lots of stuff to do. oh well I'm going to focus on the positive and that is that marathon training has begun and Day 1 was successful! (and hot!) Big grin

Dave

P2R, glad to hear about the return of your DD from the sandbox. Good time of year not to be there. Come to think of it, I'm sure there is a good time. Great job on the tri. 3rd place in your age group is awesome. Shan, glad to hear you started your training in earnest today. I wouldn't sweat the streak stuff. Probably better to get some more 4 and 5's under your belt and less 1's. I promise not to post any more pictures of pregnancy tests if you promise not to taunt us with morning sickness stories Wink 6 and change today in more sweltering heat and humidity. Heat might break later in the week with highs only in the upper 80's. Damn...

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evanflein

Hey P2R, good to hear from you! I'd like to do a duathlon some day. Sorta like a triathlon without the swimming... what's not to like? Good luck with the flooring... that's how our jobs always go, but for us, the last two weeks always seem to take a couple months! ShanHas, so... you were trying? Good luck with that, but wonder if it's the best time to start marathon training? (or put off the other? Or are you doing the one while waiting for the other to happen?) I love how nosy we can be on this site... Big grin Cash, actually having someone like you around is a good thing. Always good to have a trustworthy DD along... And my race went pretty well as you already know. I think I was spared a PR by the muddy course, it really was sloppy in spots. Here's the race report: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MastRun/Forum/a155ae775bdb42128ec2d6f291296510 HuskerB, the mileage really goes up when you replace rest days with recovery days! Will be trying that again today if the weather holds... 3-4 easy paced miles at lunchtime, or if it rains I'll run tonight at home on my treadmill. Sure can't beat that thing for forcing me to hold an easy pace. Good for hill avoidance, too!
          Cashmason

Erika, What I am your Dear Daughter now? I had an operation I didn't know about? Or DD mean something else. You know if you ever move to So. Cal you have someone to bike and swim with. You are too fast for me to keep up with on the run.
            evanflein

DD = Designated Driver you silly goose.

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave - I promise - no more stories until I can post my own picture LOL (don't worry i won't do that either!) I like streaking but will be staying away from 1 milers LOL Erika - I figure I might as well train for a marathon while waiting to get pregnant. I went off the pill in May and we've been trying since then. But I realize that with having been on the pill for so long it may take a while for it to happen for us so I figure that I might as well train for a marathon while I'm waiting. If it takes us a year to get pregnant then i've wasted a year I could have been accomplishing running goals. Cash - yes DD is Designated Driver - does that make my comment about not drinking make more sense now?

Oh Mighty Wing

5 hilly miles today! I ran easy and walked where I had to. It was hard but rewarding doing the whole 5. I painted the bathroom today - it's like mint chocolate chip color - but lighter. It looks good! Mr. I - are you out there? Murphy - how ya feeling? Pace, Cash, Erika, Bugs, Husker - HI!!!

Dave

Great job on the 5 miles today, Shan. Nice avatar pic by the way. Looking buff. Big grin I didn't do quite so well. I did a short (2.5) recovery run with a co-worker who isn't exactly a runner. Not sure what I was recovering from. Followed it up with some pretty intense body weight workout stuff (pull ups, pushups, and crunches). Good all around workout. I don't tend to do the body weight stuff after longer runs so it was probably a good trade.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave!!! I knew I forgot to say hi to someone!!! It sounds like you did well! Running with someone really has to be done with no expectations. Good job on the body weight workout!

Bugs

Just a quick Hi, will do responses later. Back in MN. Trip/funeral was mentally and physically exhausting. Feel like I have not ran very much lately, but was good to spend time with family.

Bugs

Cashmason

I accidently ran 5 miles tonight. 2 runs in 3 days. Gonna ruin my reputation if I keep this up.

Dave

Dave!!! I knew I forgot to say hi to someone!!!
                            I hope this group never turns into one of those places where people get their nose out of joint because someone doesn't greet them. Too much work to have to address each and every poster to avoid hurting feelings. I started posting to a group from CR called Pre-Dawn Patrol. Couple of good friends in there but I just could take all the social overhead. No worries. Cash, your secret is safe with us. Cooler temps. Going 6-8 early today to take advantage.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

I hope this group never turns into one of those places where people get their nose out of joint because someone doesn't greet them. Too much work to have to address each and every poster to avoid hurting feelings. I started posting to a group from CR called Pre-Dawn Patrol. Couple of good friends in there but I just could take all the social overhead. No worries. Cash, your secret is safe with us. Cooler temps. Going 6-8 early today to take advantage.
                              I didn't think I hurt your feelings - it just annoyed me that I couldn't think of who it was. Did you get the CRAZY storm we got???

Bugs

HI DAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool Shan, sorry about the disappointment but at least trying is fun right? Maybe your suppose to run this marathon and then have a baby. Practice at both and see which happens first. Cash, disappointented in you. Thought for sure you'd respond to my "funeral was physically exhausting" with a "What did they make you carry the casket?" Answer, no, buy I wore fricken high heels for three hours. Tougher workout than the three 50 miles weeks I had. I had a great 11.75 mile run last night.

Bugs