Marathon Trainers

Week of 7/19/2010 (Read 167 times)

Kimmie

Pace- great run!  Hope the watch stops acting up on you or it's an easy fix.

Ran tonight with the group..almost didn't go b/c I was afraid I would push too hard.  Ran 5.3 miles in 52:30- 10:00 pace-   there were some faster miles in the middle, until I decided to hang back and run with some of the slower runners.   Felt so good to really run!    I was only a little bit frustrated that I couldn't go faster than 10 min pace.  It actually felt plenty fast to me.   And people were surprised I was out there..... just all in all, a really good run.

Life. is. good.

Dave

P2R, $79 gets you a new one from Garmin.  Just replaced mine and it works better than the original one, I'll swear to it.

Nice to see you out running well again, Kim.

Some iffy news at my doctor's visit today.  Blood pressure is still high.  Considering medication (Lou, you've faced this one right?) and he told me I had a heart murmur and referred me out for an echocardiogram.  I won't get the results for another week but it was unsettling.  

Just what I needed, another excuse not to run .  Doc told me to keep running for now but to go easy.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I tend to high blood pressure. I blame my family. With good reason.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Yes I finally got my BP under control.  It took a combination of meds.  Apparently each person is different and it's a bit of an experiment.

Hopefully your heart murmur turns out to be nothing.

MTA: 5 slow miles this morning...

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Hope you're okay, Dave.  Unsettling, for sure.

Little over 6 this morning.  Judging by how wet I was at the end, you'd have thought I ran twice that far. 

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

evanflein

5.3 miles after work yesterday and before DS2's soccer game. Started out as a drizzly morning and ended up as a beautiful evening. Nice when it works that way. Hoping for more of the same today because it was steady rain all morning, now it looks like it's tapering off. But I'm staying in and working thru lunch so I can get off early and run my 9 miles before 5.

Pace, I've been caught in rain/thunder/hail storms like that. Could be fun if you were dressed for it, but I never am. Hope your Garmin recovers, but I vote for replacement.

{{Dave}} hope it all turns out ok. A lot of people have murmurs all their lives with no ill effects.

Perry, I blame DH's family for my BP.  Wait... does it work that way?

Yay Kimmie! Nice run with the group! You'll be back before you know it.

Kimmie

Good run Erika.

Hang in there Dave and let us know what happens.  

I hopped on a new machine at the gym... kind of like an elliptical but more similar to running....not sure what it's called.... tried to up the resistance so it felt a little tougher.  Went 4.5 miles .

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

As long as you're related to them by blood, it's relevant. Heh.

Had a great 3200M race this evening; very happy to have gone 15sec under my goal with a nice new PR, and only big one of this year I think.

evanflein

Congrats on the PR, Perry! 3200 meters, lessee that's 8 laps around the track. Wow... I'm dying by 4.

I did run today, but waited till later in the afternoon. It just wouldn't stop raining though. So I got 9.1 very wet soggy miles in with the last 6 at tempo pace. 7:58 avg pace for the whole run. I think I just wanted to get it over with.

Kimmie

Perry and Erika-  you are both so mentally strong.   Laps and rain.

I went back to teaching my boot camp this morning.  I felt pretty good, although a l little tired.  I took out some of the plyometrics that was in there before.   It's cardio and weights, so all in all a good workout.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I actually like running on a track -- more comfortable surface than pavement.

Did 3mi this morning, sore in glutes and quads. Only 81F (70% humidity) but I was soaking as soon as I stopped.

Dave

Had a great 3200M race this evening; very happy to have gone 15sec under my goal with a nice new PR, and only big one of this year I think.

Wow, Perry! That is some time (11:14?).  2 mile races have been a staple for me for many years since they are part of the Army physical fitness test. 

My last one was more than 2 minutes slower than that and I was happy with the effort.  In fact, In almost 26 years of running that test, I don't think I've legitimately gone that fast.  I did get a 10:45 once but I think it was on a short track.  I've got 11:40 a few times but always struggled to get below 12.  And that was when I was in my 20's.

No news on the health front.  Won't get results until a week from Saturday.  In the meantime, I've got a trip overseas (nowhere especially dangerous) so I'll be on and off the net for a bit.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I have no idea how fast I'd run 3200m or 2M.  I have not yet run at race-pace for less than a 5k.  We do have a 1M run on the local club's series.  Hmm.  (Nice race, Perry)

Glad you're starting to get back into it, Kim.  Erika - we'd love to see some rain here.

8 miles this morning, just fast enough to call GA, but at 8:40/mi only barely. 72°, 86% humidity.  Looking for some relief.

We'll be headed to the left coast for vacation Saturday, so hopefully the humidity there is down from what we see on the east coast.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Perry - that is an awesome time.  Honestly, it'd be pretty easy to hate you for it, but I've met you and you're nice.  I guess my only option is to get faster.  Seriously, that time is amazing to me.

Same old, same old for me.  40 minutes.  Hot.  Humid.  Done.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Cashmason

Yes it works that way...  Especially if they and he get you aggravated a lot..... wink.

Kimmie,  I am feeling like you now.  Just getting back into running without much pain, and it is so much fun to run again.  For so long it has hurt  to run.