Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/25/2010 (Read 213 times)

Cashmason

Hugs Bugs !

We love you.    Keep us posted on how things are going.

{{{Bugs}}}

Back in MD last night -- we'll see how all my parts are working this morning...

MTA: my parts aren't so good.  It was pretty clear after 0.2 that I need to rest the calf.

Perry - is your ankle getting any better?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave

Hang in there, Bugs.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Bugs!!  I am here for you!   Send me a PM f you want to.... I know what you mean about debating about writing about personal issues on here... but for all intents and purposes, we are friends on here, even if we've never met.  So, you can write about what's going on.  I really appreciate everything you bring to this group.   So, like Dave said, hang in there!

Ok, I want everyone to get better!  It seems like winter is the time to get injured.    

I ran 5 miles on the treadmill at the gym last night.   Hill repeats-  they were so hard and I'm still a little beat this morning from them.   Trying to get ready for Boston as much as I can with those hills.   I'll need to do more than what I did last night, though.

Not sure what's on tap for today-  broke a tooth last night!   That was so weird, just the filling came out... I'm getting so old.  So, I need to get that fixed.

I subbed yesterday and taught piano and voice for 2 hours.   So, I went from not working at all, to working 9 hours that day... that's funny. Smile

Cashmason

{{{Bugs}}}

Back in MD last night -- we'll see how all my parts are working this morning...

MTA: my parts aren't so good.  

All I can think is that PDR must be pretty disappointed..... wink

Cashmason

Not sure what's on tap for today-  broke a tooth last night!   That was so weird, just the filling came out... I'm getting so old.  So, I need to get that fixed.

If you figure out how to figure out how to fix getting older let me know....  wink.

I am always impressed with anyone who can carry a tune.    No clue how to learn how to sing on key.

Ringmaster

Thinking of ya, Bugs. I feel like I'm dealing with some bad side-effects too, so as I pray for myself I will pray for you. And yes, keep checking in so we know how you are. We may just be virtual faces, but we care about you.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                Mile by Mile

((((((BUGS)))))))

Sorry bout the tooth Kimmie Sad

((((((LOUS"S CALF))))))))

how's the ankle Perry??

I'm taking a complete day off. Shoulder is a mess still. *sigh*

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Kimmie

Tooth ended up being no big deal.

will run track tonight with my group-  looking forward to it.   And tomorrow I will be in 75 degrees down in sunny Florida.

Cash- I will teach you how to sing...Smile

Cashmason

Kimmie,   I would love that.   When I sing,  I sound like a sick cow, and all the neighborhood cats run away.

Hope your tooth gets fixed quick.    G/f  sister lost a filling the day before they left for the NYC marathon.  The plane flight was painful for her.   Cabin pressure really hurt the tooth.   They had to find an oral surgeon once they got to NY.

Lou,  hope the calf is better,  and Perry hope your ankle is better.

theyapper

On the road again...

Bugs, you're definitely in our thoughts and prayers.  Please don't stay away from here while you're fighting through it.

Still not completely over the head cold, so the 3.6 miles felt like a struggle, but it's done.  After meetings all day, it was nice to just get outside.  Now, it's a shower and one more meeting to wrap the day up.

Get better, everyone!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

evanflein

Kimmie, I feel for you on the broken tooth. After years of grinding my teeth I've got a lot of crowns, mainly on the right side. And now I've got another broken molar where I had a gold onlay on one corner. Had a temporary patch on it, but that came out too. No pain, but a sharp edge where the support under the onlay is gone. I just hope it holds together till our new plan year starts, but that's July 1.

Bugs... so why'd you drop the happy pills? Sounds like maybe not such a good idea? Are you on them just seasonally? It's not spring yet... Please stay in touch.

{{Lou's calf}} I'll leave all the other parts alone.

{{Perry's ankle}} How's it feeling now?

{{Pam's shoulder}} take care of that, will ya? You may not run on it but having it out of whack makes everything not work right.

Ok you guys, what's going on here? What a train wreck Team Blister has become. Then you've got Dave, who isn't injured but just doesn't get to run much. Sounds like Kimmie with her bad tooth and Paul with his head cold are going to have to carry the load for a bit.

Oh, and maybe me. I'm feeling pretty damn good these days! Just tired as I get back into the swing of things. Yeah, Bugs, running 10 last Sunday wasn't easy, but wasn't impossible. No pain, just tired. I don't remember running feeling so hard. But I'm sure I'll get over it. 8.5 mile progressive pace run last night with incline fiddling at random times. I didn't realize a couple of late miles at 8:34 pace and 2% incline would feel so hard...

Then I ran 4.1 slow and easy on the treadmill at lunch today. Everything feels pretty good, but a promise is a promise and no run tomorrow (except maybe in the pool). Looking forward to running outside this weekend!

Kimmie

Thanks for the good vibes on the tooth-  Erika, I grind my teeth too!

Ok, here's my thought process at 6:15 tonight:

Wimpy me:  I don't really want to go run.  It's cold and windy.

Tough me:  Yeah, but it will feel so good to get it done.

Wimpy me:  But, I don't want to miss bedtime with the kiddos.

Tough me:  Yeah, but you will be spending the next 4 days with them in Florida

Wimpy me:  But, I still have to pack.

Tough me:  Yeah, but you can pack later.

So, who won?   The tough me...  Smile   why do I have to make myself go sometimes?   But I am so glad I did.  That was a a blast!!  I love how high my heart rate got!!    fun , fun intervals.   Almost what make's running so much fun... going fast (for me)  and running in a circle with a few other crazies.

I may be offline this weekend.

Bugs

All these {}'s for everybody makes me smile, laugh  and cry. Really I'm doing good, but I feel like I survived a hurricane. Honestly, even on my worst day if we were together you would not know a thing is wrong. E.g. A week ago I went to a brunch/shower, and something just plain came out of my mouth wrong and it sounded like I insulted one of my best friends. Everyone's mouth gapped when I said it and I immediately said I didn't mean it like that, and probably everyone went home and forgot it. But I went home to bed. That took most of the day and few glasses of wine just to sulk and worry that I had hurt my friend. For the record I've never hurt myself, but I know that depression is a sloped pit, and you can let yourself fall further or you can start digging yourself out. The further you fall the harder it is to get out.

Erika,

I no longer stop trying to take them. But I got sick, then busy, and then I forget, and before you know it I was too damn depressed to let myself be happy by taking a pill. Silly as that sounds, that's it. But I think the withdrawl is going away really fast.

Got up to run on the TM today but heartrate was through the roof. Took me a full five minutes to catch my breath after running 2.25 miles. But I'm going to try again tonight,.

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Kim,  glad you did the intervals and enjoyed them -- I usually enjoy speedwork too (altho I don't get to doing it hardly unless it is a group thing).

Bugs, glad you survived some ups & downs and hope things are a bit less uppydowny.

Ankle coming along fine, and I did my first swim tonight in half a year and enjoyed it. And then got a banana split afterward as celebration. Heh, yummmmm.

Hope travel is going ok for Mr Flying Dave Man.

Maybe sometime this year I'll remember to try out the HRM  some, so I can have HR numbers like Lou always has - for the novelty if nothing else.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.