Marathon Trainers

10/20-10/26 (Read 332 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Good morning all! Yay Murphy! Finished last week strong, most mileage since Bayshore in May, 3rd consecutive week of 5 runs per week and it really wasn't all that hard. I'm nice and relaxed. However I'm also busy as heck. Gotta run, hope to catch up later.
    Kimmie

I'm sad when I set my alarm to meet my friends at 6 and then hit snooze and don't get up until 5:55 and then rush around and try to make it but they've left... ugh.... I don't expect them to wait for me. I just wish I had gotten myself going quicker... I would rather plan to NOT run then to try and not do it... and NO I didn't go alone in the dark and cold.. so I guess I'm a wimp. and thanks for the compliment on the picture, Bugs. I should put a picture of me running there, but I don't really have ones that will work. So, maybe today will be a rest day for me. Tell me what you guys think of this last week before the marathon schedule: Mon... maybe I run later.. 5 miles Tues- Tempo 6 Wed.- easy 4.5 Thursday- off Friday- easy 4.5 Sat.- easy 2 Can't decide.... I've run less than this before marathons and felt fine... but I feel like maybe I should run some more this time.

Bugs

Race Listing OCTOBER 25th Bugs - Halloween 5K Goal - Wear a costume that does not prohibt running. I will run it all out, but the timing of recovering from marathon typically is not a fast time for me, but who knows I do plan to be a superhero. Stats: Previous Time on course: 25:30 Last 5K: 23:30 5K PR: 22:30 OCTOBER 26th Dave - MCM Marathon http://live.activeresult.com/mcm/maptrack Bib# 3405 Goal - 3:40 Stats: Last Marathon/PR: 4:16:54 OCTOBER 26th Kimmie- MCM Marathon http://live.activeresult.com/mcm/maptrack Bib # 23655 Goal - sub four November 2nd Erika - New York City Marathon Goal - finish without the need of crutches Wink November 16th Brian - Route 66 Marathon in Tulsa. Goal - Keep up with Dad December 7th Murphy - Vegas Goal - Sub 5 January 11, 2009 jhallum - Disney Marathon Erika -Disney Marathon

Bugs

Dave

No running for me today. Need some more healing as I taper towards this weekend's madness. Kimmie, I wish I could log the miles you outlined but I don't think my body will take it. My plan right now is to really ramp down (maybe run Wednesday and Friday) and try to get to the start with as little leg pain as possible. I'll do some stretching and maybe some elliptical today. Bugs, put me down for a 3:40 still on the time goal. My confidence is waning for anything faster.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs - November 16th, Route 66 Marathon in Tulsa. Running with dad, so no real time goal, just get him to the finish line. Kimmie - that looks good to me (for what that's worth). It's similar to what I'll be doing in a few weeks. Good luck! Mr. I - Great miles lately. Has anyone ever gotten a flu shot the day before a race? This really sucks, but my work is doing flu shots on Friday and I have a 15k race on Saturday I want to give a good effort for. I don't ever remember feeling bad from the flu shot, but this isn't the way I want to find out.

Dave

Brian, there is no way I'd get a flu shot before a race. Any chance you can defer a couple of days (maybe paying for the shot at a pharmacy)? They almost always leave me feeling weak. By the way, the new avatar is DD10. I caught her wearing my running sunglasses, surfing on my mac and couldn't resist the picture.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Im sleepy..and sore. Working on a training plan for Vegas from here on out. 7 weeks til the race. Hope to get a few days of light running in this week. Or, eliptical work..just anything to keep going. Looking at Hal Higdons schedule for multiple marathons. And will use that as a starting point. He has a 6 and 8 week plan..So, I will probably take it easier this first week and jump into the 6 week plan. Which doesnt look too hard, but gets in a few long runs (up to 16 miles).
                Kimmie

I ditto what Dave said about the flu shot... I wouldn't chance it. Dave, love the picture of your daughter.. It looks like something my 7 year old would do.

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave that a cute pict! Funny the things girls do! Smile Feelin pretty tired today. Almost fell asleep 2x. Not sure what this means for my run today. I'm hoping to up all my days this week to at least 2. But I just want a nap!
                    evanflein

Dave I was wondering who that was in your avatar. Kimmie's avatar is smokin' hawt. I like mine but I think I'm getting tired of it. But I forget to change it... Roll eyes Kimmie, that's more miles than I've ever run before a marathon. I'd probably do 0/4/5/4/0/0/26.2; I always intend to run a 2 mile run the day before but I never have (really). And I'm also usually battling some late cropping owie so usually never run the planned miles anyway! I didn't run for three days before Boston... And this year's Equinox I did pool running the last week. FWIW... Bugs, I can't do those high mileage plans. My peak week ever is just under 55 miles. I keep saying I'd like to run a 60 mile week just to know I've done it... but you know what? I don't have the time for that! I feel like I'm stealing my time from somebody most of the time anyway and just don't think I can squeeze out any more. Maybe one day I'll find it, but for now, I'll stick with mid-50's. Cash, you're such a riot. 18 miles and that includes a HM. Big grin Ha, finish without crutches. Good point. Calling the podiatrist today to see what I can get. Hopefully not an appointment three weeks out!

Dave

Be careful not to overdo it, Kimmie. 6 at tempo might be a bit much. You want to be itching to go at the start. 30 minutes on the elliptical today. Felt fresh afterwards. Hard to get my HR up. Good sign.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bugs

Erika, Everyone should take a lesson from me. I tried way to hard this summer. Remember when I said that I was able to run more marathon pace miles but wasn't running faster. I knew something was off in my training. I really miss running fast.

Bugs

Bugs

Streaking sucks..I don't want to run but fine I will go run 1 mile. Angry

Bugs

Bugs

30 minutes very slow done. I have no idea what superhero is going to run that 5K on Saturday. It could be anywhere from 22-25 minutes. Just hoping for a costume that works well with running, don't dare go and practice in it. Wink

Bugs

evanflein

why don't you do Batgirl or something? 45 minutes on my stationary bike tonight. Frustrating how few calories you burn on the bike vs. running. I do go see the podiatrist tomorrow afternoon, so that's cool.