Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/13 - 1/19 (Read 323 times)

Cashmason

Catalina should be really fun Erika. Note they do a trail marathon there and also have a sprint tri there. Too far to travel for a sprint, but if you are looking for a warm weather marathon someday...... Sometimes you can see buffalo on the trail run. Avalon is a cute tourist town. I love to visit there, and used to scuba dive there.
      HAVE A GREAT RACE, ERICA I'll give myself a WOOT.. Had no intention of running yesterday..at 830 last night, I was falling asleep, thought it was 10:00. For some reason, I felt drawn to the trail. Ran 6 miles. My last mile was my fastest by about 45 seconds. I try to do this most runs, it should help with late race kick, and mentally, a great last mile can turn a mediocre run into a great run. I've run 4 days in a row..and 5 of 6. Tonight is a rest day. 6 tomorrow-very cold weather predicted. Have Great runs everybody!!

Bugs

Erika, It's 0F, 22 mph wind, real feel -27F. Luckily it is a rest day, but tomorrow is suppose to be bad too. I'm going to run in a Valley where it's pretty sheltered, but it's only a 2 mile route, so I'll have to go back and fourth. Oh well. If I need to bail on the run, I do it early on and go to the TM. Suppose to be cold for awhile, but at least I got the sunlight, so I won't complain. Murphy, Great work. Now don't get tempted to run too many miles fast. Off on Monday, daycare is open, but it's so dam cold think I will keep the kids at home with me. I swam today despite being a restday. I have missed the water. I wonder if the reason I like swimming is I don't time it, even try to go slow, no pressure. Making buttered garlic crab legs and corn on the cob for the family this weekend. All cooked in one big pot. OMG will it be good.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

OMG bugs that sounds delic! Murph - great job! 5 miles today. Will try to tack on a couple tomorrow to make a 4th day since yesterday got canned.

Happy Camper

Hey everyone! I've been uber busy. I was in Dallas until last evening at a Sales Meeting. Got some nice runs in early morning downtown. Between this week and the drive out and back to Colorado Springs, I'm looking forward to normal life. Erika: Good running in Carlsbad! Cash: Thanks for the pointer on the ExRx site. I will lose time now browsing it. Bugs: Did my first run in the new Ultra Clava. Much better than my old headpiece. 6°F tomorrow and I want to run with a group here planning to do 18. I'm going for double long-runs this weekend to start getting ready for the Berryman. Murph: Running after 8 is impressive. I'm usually beat and evening dark and cold is more "bag the run" likely than morning dark and cold.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Cashmason

Bugs, I will be over for supper. Don't count on me to run with you tho, as I am a California weather wimp.

Dave

Take me, Bugs. I'll be right over. And I'll run regardless of the weather. Erika's weather shamed me into it Blush Great job on the consistency this week, Murph. We're getting your cold weather on Sunday and I'll be out there enjoying it. Nice to see you back, P2R. Double long runs..... I'm trying not to think about it. The sun came out today and melted all the snow. I ran in shorts for what turned out to be a pretty weak 6 miler. Probably too close to my lunchtime meal. Oh, well. Miles in the bank.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Happy Camper

5°F this morning. First day of long-runs is in the books. The group pushed my pace and I did the first 10 in under 9mm average. Finished it out in 3:10:30 for 20.5-miles. The rail trail helped. The cold did not help. The balaclava I wore was solid ice at the end of the run and my eye lashes iced over. I think I drained our 50gl tank with the warmup shower after. Can't wait to try it again tomorrow!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Bugs--no worries--I ran exactly as scheduled in the training plan. Enjoy the corn and crablegs!!! Shan--looks like you got some good distance in this week! Pace--you are just an animal. The mies you are able to log are incredible! dgb--hey, its all about getting in the miles. Ran my 6 today. It was about 24 degrees and a bit windy. But nothing compared to what a lot of you are facing. Surprised myself with my pace. Logged a couple sub 10 minute miles. Wasnt planning to run for speed as this was a long run--a stepback week-but still the long run day..so I coasted just a bid the last mile. But really thrilled with this run and by sticking to my training plan exactly during a rough weather week. Now to get ready to watch some college basketball and be lazy the rest of the day!
                    Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Bugs - that sounds tasty enough to make me renounce vegetarianism! Erika - looking forward to a RR. Murphy - way to get out there on an unplanned run. I generally can't do evening runs - I'm just plain done by that time. I'd have to transition to 100% night runs and I can't see that happening any time soon. dgb2n - you got the miles in...nuff said. I make the best guacamole in the world. I'm enjoying some as I write this and it will be gone by the time I post this. I am a STUD! Or a wimp, I can't tell. It's single digit temps here so I chickened out and ran on the TM today. Twelve freakin miles! My longest TM distance ever (previously 7 miles). My brain's a bit numb.

Oh Mighty Wing

Mr. I - you are a stud to me! Big grin Murphy - thank you! I am quite happy with my mileage this week also. Longest it has been in a while! And it looks like you did well yourself this week!! No run today, but still happy with my weekly mileage. 15 for the week. Longest it's been since November so that's great. Still not up to 4 days a week, but i'm trying. Good runs to all!

Bugs

The butter was dripping, the shells were flying. Complete heaven. When you guys come next time we'll add wine to the dinner. Smile I will think of something equally good for you veggies, which will be difficult for me, considering my royality title. Guess what kind of queen I am, I will think of some sort of prize if you guess. P2R, was thinking about you this week, wondering where you've been. Glad all is good with you. I have one Is your Ultra Clava like this? (Am I only the one who this ultra clava sounds like some body organ.) I love Seirus. I have a mask, a must for weather like today because the skin has to be covered. I have Seirus gloves, and they are so light but so warm. The fabric is so awesome, think there should be tights in the same fabric, maybe there is. Your run sounds amzing, and nuts. How is it you don't break down on that kind of mileage? Cash, it is too cold here. How about I come there and we go and find some fresh crab legs? Maybe you have a Bubba Gumps there? ShanGen, you have such a good head on your shoulders. You listen to your body and add your mileage slowly. You are my idol. Dgb, Shorts, wow! While I dream of only wearing one pair of pants for a run. I confess, I did not run today. I woke up with a sore calf. There seems to be a knot in there. I can not get to it. I have graston done on Tuesday. In the mean time I am massaging like crazy. I did the elliptical today. Maybe will try a short run, but I don't want to risk making it worse. We need to find James. Has he been here since we moved? Maybe need to go back to Active.com and look for him. We leave no one behind.

Bugs

evanflein

Hey Bugs, dinner sounded wonderful! And hey, I think that's a bit chilly for an outdoor run, I'd stay in. I haven't run for three days now. Sure hope I remember how... guess I'll find out tomorrow. Wasn't that Murphy saying once he was "over-tapered"? Sorta how I feel. Had a great dinner with Cashmason and others doing the marathon and the half, most from the old CR Boomers forum. We're all split between RunningAhead and KickRunners, and many of us are posting in both spots. Nice to pull a group together for an event like this. Uh... hmmm, seems like Cash and my dh hit it off pretty well. Fun evening... g'night guys... 5:30 a.m. wake up call already ordered. I'm running in shorts tomorrow!!!

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - I'm glad you think I do it right because sometimes I wonder if I'm just being a wimp!! i donno what queen you are but dinner sounded amazing and now i'm a little jealous! Erica - GOOD LUCK!!! ok the ultra clava - sounds like a body organ! But it looks serious!!!! I'm not sure it would get cold enough for me to need that. I should look into a smaller type that covers just my jaw/mouth/nose maybe. On really cold runs I get back and my jaw feels like it was freezing shut.