Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/10/2011 (Read 242 times)

Dave

Dave, does your dog have a name yet?  Smile

He does. 

I was tempted by some of the beer related names but the kids settled on Toby (named after the singer Toby Mac).  DD12 also liked Mac (as in IMac) so it was a good compromise.

With the housebreaking stuff, mostly he just gets called swear words Wink.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Good name, Dave.

8.5 miles for me this afternoon.  Easy, except for the brutal wind cutting through my soul.  BRRR. 

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Another unplanned long run for me today. Happy with that accomplishment.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I am going to do the 24 hour race. The whole thought about how I am going to approach it is still rattling through my brain. Right now my whole approach is going to be about building miles. Im not going to run anything fast and will run more by time than anything else. Still doing the Pig in May--with the goal of being able to finish and feel like I want to keep running - I dont care if it takes me 6 hours.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

That's exciting -- I saw you considering this in the other forum -- an exciting summer's end goal!

Im more excited about possibly seeing DoppleBock in action. Although if he runs that one it means that the World Championships got canceled. Talked to my Brother in Law. I'll be able to hook up with the support team from his running club. And DB is willing to help me out with a race plan..so I feel extremely motivated to do well.

Toby is a most excellent name.  That sure is a cute puppy.

24 hours of running!  Wow, what an endeavor!

Almost 6 miles on Los Penasquitos Canyon Trail in San Diego yesterday -- that was harder than expected.  We thought it was just a fire road, but there were rocks, ruts, somewhat hilly, and it kicked my butt.

Taking a much-needed rest day today.  We'll spend the day babysitting for NJ Smile , then we're going to a nano-brewery in town for a tour.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Lou - I took my rest day yesterday and totally enjoyed it!

Back at it today, with 4.7 easy miles.  Threw in 4 striders at the end.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dave

I am going to do the 24 hour race. The whole thought about how I am going to approach it is still rattling through my brain. Right now my whole approach is going to be about building miles. Im not going to run anything fast and will run more by time than anything else. Still doing the Pig in May--with the goal of being able to finish and feel like I want to keep running - I dont care if it takes me 6 hours.

You are nuts but sometimes I'm inspired by that Wink.

I'll sign up for the Pig.  There I said it.

4 miles in the snow for me today.  I took a quick trip to DC and back earlier this week and missed a few days.  Couldn't face the treadmill but forced myself outside and I'm glad I did.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

i cant access that link..I thought we were friends,,maybe we're not..Sad....lol

Great to hear Dave. We'll definitely need to make plans to get together. You could also come to Cleveland for the NC24. If nothing else but to see some elite runners..and support an insane member of Team Blister.

I just changed the privacy settings.  Maybe it will work now?  Strange because it worked for a friend who isn't even on facebook a little while ago.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Doesn't work for me either.

evanflein

Lou, that link doesn't work for me now.

Toby is an excellent dog name. We had a tenant named Toby. And he wasn't a dog. Hope he gets his problems fixed up soon. We've always had really good luck with shelter pets, but I think we have less ailments for the pets in general up here. 

24 hour race, eh Murph? Hmmm... that's the same weekend as the Equinox and I've got friends coming up for that... one from Ohio!

I had a gym day at lunch today, and ran 3.4 easy miles on the treadmill tonight. Just realized that was my 11th running day in a row. That's a lot for me. I'm not really into streaking, so already planning my next day off. I've got a vendor dinner on Tuesday, so I'll probably hit the gym at lunchtime but no evening run. Guess that'll break the running streak... but not a true "rest" day. But that's next week...

Temps should be pretty chilly this weekend, but I'm still planning on some outdoor runs. Altogether too much treadmill time already this week.

Happy Camper

Erika:  I've learned from reading your posts that "pretty chilly" is a relative term.  I'll just substitute "Oh hell no" cold so that I can relate. 

Enjoy the outdoors. 

At the inlaws this weekend sans children and dogs.  It's very quiet.  I'm about to go run a hilly route that will cut through Roaring River State Park.  It's very Ozarks in appearance.  The sun will feel great.  After that, we cut wood. 

Next week I get 4 days of meetings in Orlando and I don't mean Orlando, Missouri.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.