Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/10/2011 (Read 242 times)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Good pics, Lou.  I also couldn't get to them through the link earlier, but since we're friends on FB I just went to your pictures and found the album you were linking to.  If I'd have been patient, your next link would've saved me the hunt.  Smile

14.6 miles total today.  14.1 long run and half a mile cool-down.  Broke my HM PR twice during the long portion. Didn't set out to, but felt good and added a fast finish on the end of the run, so the first 13.1 miles of the run broke the PR, and then a mile later I realized that the last 13.1 section of the run broke it again.  I'm a freak.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

That's sick. Congratulations, then 8 minutes later, congratulations again.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kimmie

Very nice Paul! I'm considering National, if it's not full already. Ran a quick 3 miles this morning.... Off to see Lou's pictures.
          AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Looks like a runner -- got the ballcap and the body motions down. Also looks happy throughout the photos.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Yeah, I like his form in this one

Dave

14.6 miles total today.  14.1 long run and half a mile cool-down.  Broke my HM PR twice during the long portion. Didn't set out to, but felt good and added a fast finish on the end of the run, so the first 13.1 miles of the run broke the PR, and then a mile later I realized that the last 13.1 section of the run broke it again.  I'm a freak.

That is really cool, Paul.  

You've got a soft PR now though for sure.  Before you actually race a HM, it might be worth doing a long run with the last half at sub-HM pace to see how you hold up.  It won't be too long before you're cruising the 8 minute miles for hours.  

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

That is cool Paul. Not sure if Ive logged it as my PR, but my half PR is the first half of the first USAFM I ran. Probably says more about my marathon pacing than anything else. And it wasnt as fast as your PR.

Getting ready to head out for a run. Wanted to go this morning, but got little sleep with the little one waking up. Teething again. Not as cold as its been, so I hope to log  a decently long run. And I hope to pull a double tomorrow.

Part of my strategy is to do more runs on the indoor track and the high school track as well to get used to the tedium of running in circles in preperation for the NC24. I will probably run some tomorrow on the indoor track at the Y.

theyapper

On the road again...

That is really cool, Paul.  

You've got a soft PR now though for sure.  Before you actually race a HM, it might be worth doing a long run with the last half at sub-HM pace to see how you hold up.  It won't be too long before you're cruising the 8 minute miles for hours.  

Yeah, it's been a while since I raced a HM, so that time is doomed.  My goal at National is to get under 1:55 (which I don't think will be a problem), but my real goal is sub 1:50.

What distance would you make that long run if it were you?  That's a good idea, because I'd be able to run on somewhat tired legs.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Dave

14 is a great distance for that, Paul.

Run the first 7 easy, then ratchet down to your stretch goal pace within a couple of miles and hold on for dear life Big grin.

I seriously need to run today.  It's cold out though (15F) and I can't stand the thought of the treadmill.  I'll go.  

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Nice tun paul. I ran 13.1 this morning. It was flat as a pancake. felt good to tun a bit fast, with a 8:14/mi pace.

Dave

Awesome run, Lou.  I would so love to be in that kind of shape again.  I know what it takes though and you guys inspire me more than I can tell you.

6.3 for me today in the snow.  16F or so.  First time I had to get out the balaclava.  Probably a bit much but it did feel seriously cold.  Ended up pulling the face piece down but needed a little more protecting my lower body.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Cashmason

I seem to have developed a case of Pf so no running for a while.

Aw crap, cash.  Sorry about that.

Heh, I kept typing "tun" instead of "run" on my droid

Ended up with just over 8 miles in total today. It was colder out than I realized. 17 degrees tonight. It was 19 this morning. Was real slow. Not worrying about speed. The speed usually shows up for me a few weeks into training. Plus Im just worried at knocking out the miles. Ramping up the miles starting next week. I should knock out  40 to 50 miles next week.

Nice work getting back out there Dave. Im certain youll get back into that shape.