Marathon Trainers

Week of 8/24 (Read 262 times)

Good morning!

I saw a mess of hornets by our front porch this morning.  When it's light out I'll have to figure out where the nest is and take care of it -- it's a little disconcerting having them buzzing around when I'm doing my stretches.

3.1 miles, 29:36, 9:29/mi, AHR 131 (67% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Good morning Lou and everybody!

I actually ran at 6 this morning.  I asked DH if he could leave a little later, like 7:00, so I could go.  Was great to run with these ladies that I run with from time to time.  They have a whole bunch of hills on their route and it's a little tough if I don't run them often enough.

Have a good one all.... oh and Bugs:  glad you had a good time at the relay but so disappointing about those who were cutting the course.

Bugs

Kim,

Cheaters aside it was an AWESOME weekend. I'd love to do it again, and train differently. We had a fast team that started at 3:00 p.m. It was pretty freakish to catchup to teams that started three HOURS before us. It was the prefect type of race for me at this time, having just having a bad marathon and needing to get out and run hard, longer, and fast, but not so much pressue if it doesn't workout. But man when you've got runners as fast as we had you feel the pressure to get out there and run your butt off, which was a good thing.

You can see my log if you care about splits times all that.

I am so very sore today.

Next race for me is 10 miles in four weeks.

Bugs

theyapper

On the road again...

4 miles of recovery running this morning for me.  Saw that our cat had kittens while I was gone over the week-end.  The kids are excited about that!

Hope it's a great Monday for everyone.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

CONGRATS on the 1st AGA Erika! Too bad dh can't go to the opera with you!

CONGRATS on your race Bugs!!!! I LOVE scenic courses! Sorry to hear about the cheaters! I've seen a woman cheat TWICE! Once during a 5k ( I actually said something during the 5k) and the second time during a marathon (same woman). If cheaters can live with themselves so be it I guess, I just can't imagine what they get out of doing it. BTW Great times!

AKKKK@ the hornets Lou!! I tell you they are really out this year!

Cool that you gotta go on a group run Kimmie!  

Awwwww kittens how cool Paul Smile

Did my very first upperbody workout since the end of Feb. OMG I have LOST SOOOOOOO MUCH!!! Talk about a wake up call! Anyway looking to run longer tonight. Totally depends on whether Ken runs tonight or not.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Oh Mighty Wing

I ditto the above YEAH's in Pam's post!!!!!!!!!

Pam - you will get it back in no time!

plyo work-out for me today. last weeks made me sore - figured out the secret - do some in reverse. Did the same work-out again today. It was easier we'll see if it produced the same soreness.

Happy Monday!

9.2 miles done! I AM BACK!!! Felt like I could have easily done 20 tonight. Sucks to run out of time *sigh*  Guess I didn't need to worry that my weight workout was going to interfere with tonights running.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

theyapper

On the road again...

Had a great 5 miles this morning.  Turned into a natural progressive run.  I will definitely surpass my previous high month total this month and could finish around 150 miles.

Paul

Nice, Pam!

You back at school yet, Shan?

Beautiful morning -- 62°.  Ok, it was a little humid, but still a very nice morning to run.

8.2 miles, 1:06:12, 8:04/mi, AHR 154 (79% MHR)

I'd better get upstairs -- I heard something about needing to fold laundry.

Oh Mighty Wing

Pam - very nice!!

TY - always feels good to gain monthly mileage doesn't it??

Lou - nice run! Enjoy folding laundry!! I'm technically back this week - inservice days and all. Students come next week. 

theyapper

On the road again...

TY - always feels good to gain monthly mileage doesn't it??

Yeah.  Of course, my month is only a bit more than Pam's races, right?  

Paul

Happy Camper

2600 yds slow paced swim in the pool this morning.  59oF this morning.  Really refreshed the legs.  Hope it helps the taper.  Less than two weeks to go!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Bugs

Pam,

Some people do ragnar relays as an ultra team. This one was 194 and to be in Ultra category you had to have less than six people. I think you can split up the legs any way you want to. Our fast guys plan to do that next year. But you really need to try and do a ragnar relay sometime as it is so much fun. I had so much fun that I think I would fly to a team blister one.

5 miles is pouring rain today. It appears that I'm going to run the Rocket City Marathon in Alabama on Dec 12th. Just waiting for my travel partner to decide if she's in forsure.

Bugs

Dave

Yeah.  Of course, my month is only a bit more than Pam's races, right?  

150 miles is a very solid month no matter how you slice it. 

That's the hard thing about hanging out with exceptional atheletes .

On a less exceptional note, I did carve out 30 treadmill minutes for 2 x 1 mile @ 8:00, warm up and cool down for a total of 3.51 miles.

The weekend was less spectacular.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Yes, 150 is definitely solid.

Dave - other than the running, how do you like Detroit?  (I was working on a proposal for GM with a French company -- the manager I was dealing with pronounced Detroit as "detwah")

Nice 11 miler this morning.  Hit my progression targets easily.  Coincidentally, I went back to my old BP medicine yesterday.  There has been enough experimentation until at least after the marathons in October.  I'm not saying that is it -- it may be psychological -- but whatever it takes...

66°, 93% humidity

11.1 miles, 1:35:38, 8:37/mi, AHR 150 (77% MHR)

5@9:01(141), 1@8:52(146), 5.09@8:11(158)