Marathon Trainers

Week of 8/24 (Read 262 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I went out to run 5mi more for 25 total, but then decided as a consolation for Shan talking about not running a mara today, that I'd run 6.2mi more instead for a 26.2 total, to accomplish a regular Shan Saturday mileage Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Oh Mighty Wing

I went out to run 5mi more for 25 total, but then decided as a consolation for Shan talking about not running a mara today, that I'd run 6.2mi more instead for a 26.2 total, to accomplish a regular Shan Saturday mileage Smile

YEAH for you!!!!! and thanks!!!!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Also, I'd just like to say, that although I'm sure Erika gets nice summer temperature, I'm pretty happy not to have bears of any color or size in my vicinity when I run.

Dave

That's some great running for the Blister folks this weekend.  Damn, Perry. 

I totally agree with you about Bears.  They scare the crap out of me.

I managed a very nice 5 miler today down in Georgia.  100% humidity and about 80F.  Poured down rain about halfway through.  No earphones allowed on base so I enjoyed the sounds of nature which included screaming cicadas and what sounded like a couple of wild turkeys.  Also saw 4 deer.  Some good hills and a fast pace.  Eventually I'll get around to uploading the runs into my log.

I'm here in GA all week.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I totally agree with you about Bears.  They scare the crap out of me.

I'm here in GA all week.

Doing standup I see -- and fortunately we get the highlights posted here -- I particularly liked that my name was on the Bear's jersey Smile

Hope you're surviving the chafing that occurs (at least for me) with the darn high humidity running...

Dave

Perry got back.

I'm here all week.  Try the veal.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evanflein

Bears?? Yikes... no bears around here. Could've seen one in Kenai but glad I didn't.
                theyapper

On the road again...

Long day yesterday.  Up early for my long run - 11 miles to wrap up a cutback week.  I actually said I'm only running 11 miles to myself and then chuckle at how that would've played out in my head a year and a half ago when I wasn't running at all.  I was glad when this run was over - it was quite warm and I was tired.

Block party went great last night - hopefully there will be some more pics on my FB page soon.  There are a couple that I uploaded during the event, but buttloads left to post.  Probably had 500-600 teens there.  Great fun, but a lot of work and didn't get home until 1 last night and then stayed up until about 2 winding down.

Glad I don't run on Sundays!  Have a great one.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Nice job on your series, Erika.

It's cool saying "only" before 11, isn't it?

Hey, Perry - did you run 26.2 or 31.2?

20.3 miles, 3:03:20, 9:02/mi, AHR 153 (78% MHR)

I was going for a progression run, then when I turned back 5 miles out, realized it was all uphill, into the sun, with the wind (no wind to cool me off) and on the sunny side of the street.  (Enough excuses? Smile )

5@9:09(144), 10@8:50(152), 5.29@9:19(162)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

That's one heck of a big block party, wow.

There was a bears thread somewhere, and at least one person from Alaska was talking about encountering bears as a routine occurrence. Of course I forget that Alaska is huge, so I guess it probably varies a lot from place to place.

I got 26.2mi total for yesterday, but in different segments, not all at once - and my quads are still sore.

PS: I'd like to do 20mi as a progression run or as a fast finish run, but I never seem to have the energy (or drive) to actually do that...

Happy Camper

Congrats Erika!  Nice  Series. 

Lots of  quality long runs this weekend!

Made it back tonight. It was a very nice long weekend.  DD goes home  tomorrow.  I had a nice 6-miler in cool temps at marathon  pace this morning.  Hope the Fall like weather stays for awhile.  It's a different feeling having low 60's to run in during the early morning.  I'm feeling pretty good.  One more week to go!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Oh Mighty Wing

pace - what's in a week?

erika - what series?

how do I keep missing things!!!!

TY - only 11 - that's soo fun!!!

AP - sorry to hear you are sore! what do you think that's from?

4 and change today... silly... A friend and I went to a local school where the cross - country series was run this summer on the recommendation of the running store guy... she said she's help me find it... well we never found it or at least not all of it. We ended up running some trails. When we were finished we found my car had automatically locked itself - in all the years i've owned the car it has NEVER done this!! oh well it's always an adventure!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

AP - sorry to hear you are sore! what do you think that's from?

it or at least not all of it. We ended up running some trails. When we were finished we found my car had automatically locked itself - in all the years i've owned the car it has NEVER done this!! oh well it's always an adventure!

Oh, I know what it's from -- it's from running 26.2mi yesterday, in separate segments. I'm not used to running 26mi, unlike some nuts who like to do it every weekend Smile

My car locks itself after a few minutes. I don't know if it is an electrical malfunction or by design -- so I try to remember to never leave the keys inside.

evanflein

Automatically locking cars? As they just sit there? That'd be scary... I have enough bad habits that that would be a real drag at times.

Shan, my series is a local running club thing, sponsored by Flint Hills, the refinery nearby (based in where, Oklahoma?). Here's the link to the page telling all about it, if you're really interested.

http://www.runningclubnorth.org/rcn_mcup.htm

And here's the standings as they are now. http://www.sportalaska.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=42

We're through the Golden Heart Trail Run 5k, so you can see the standings.

22.5 today, from the start of the Equinox course thru mile 11.4, then back along the main road instead of the trail to avoid the mud. What a mess! Rained hard all night, and rained all day either hard, light or drizzle. Yuk. I really don't like running in the cold rain so this was a very hard run for me. Still... managed 10:07 average pace up that monster hill (didn't even go all the way). Glad that's done. Wraps up 66.7 miles for the week, which is a new PR and a LOT of miles for me. I am so ready for taper! Here's the profile of my run, don't look at the paces cuz they're all over the place (lots of walk breaks).

Oh Mighty Wing

AP - i wasn't sure if you were running alot of downhills at it seemed funny that it was just your quads that were sore. I would expect some general tiredness or a little bit of soreness, but not just in your quads. Oh and on the car thing - I knew some cars did that but mine has NEVER done it... it's very concerning! LOL I hope I can remember to not leave my keys in it while running again...

Erika - have we ever discussed your animalness before?? because I think we should... YOU ARE AN ANIMAL!!!

Lou - where are you? are you visiting babies?