Marathon Trainers

Week of 6/8 (Read 332 times)

Dave

6.4 at a 7:48 pace with my fast friend.  Very hot and humid.  Went out too fast (again) and couldn't hold pace in miles 5 and 6. 

Hope you feel better, Lou.  That doesn't sound good.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Happy Camper

Lou:  Hope it heals okay and you're back at it soon.  I'm better.  My pain is something I would have tried to run on again by now if I hadn't gotten so jacked up at the duathlon.  I've never not been able to at least walk with a running injury before.  This had me only able to go sideways as soon as I stopped running.  For now I still need the ibuprophen in the day to be almost pain free and I still take the stronger stuff at night to help heal the disks I think are bulging.  I see the GP on the 22nd.  I am going to take next week off also and then try a test run. 

3600 yds in the pool this morning freestyle.  Longest swimming distance ever.  No time or HR data available.  I remembered why a switched from the Polar F11.  Thing froze 2 minutes into the swim.  Had to reset and enter personal stats and date again.  Hope it works tomorrow.  May shop for a Timex Ironman if it fails again.  Anyone have experience with them?

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I've never had a watch I could use in the water -- I'd like to have one. But I'm cheap...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Glad you're getting better, p2r!

Walked with PDR -- she'd already ellipticaled

1.8 miles, 25:09, 13:56/mi, AHR 100 (51% MHR)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave

Nice walk, Lou.  Your walking pace was faster than a few of my mile splits back after my bonk at National (Perry will attest to this).

Today is my last day in the office and last commuting day before I move (I've got one more course to go to out in Kansas next week and the movers are here the week after that).  Don't think I'll miss the DC traffic and the 2 hours a day commuting.

Got a nice easy 3.8 mile run in this morning before it got warm out.  8:51 pace.  Definitely felt the speedwork from yesterday.  Trying to run more consistently.  Although I guess you could argue that 4 days on and 4 days off has its own consistency.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Nice walk, Lou.

Thanks!

Now I'm trying to figure out if I should log these or not.  If I do I better start soon before I lose track of which shoes I have been using.

It won't amount to much, but I wonder about the "fairness" viz. the 2000 forum goal.  I'll definitely clear 2000 this year, but the question is by how much.

Hail to The Victors!

Nice walk, Lou.  Your walking pace was faster than a few of my mile splits back after my bonk at National (Perry will attest to this).

Today is my last day in the office and last commuting day before I move (I've got one more course to go to out in Kansas next week and the movers are here the week after that).  Don't think I'll miss the DC traffic and the 2 hours a day commuting.

Got a nice easy 3.8 mile run in this morning before it got warm out.  8:51 pace.  Definitely felt the speedwork from yesterday.  Trying to run more consistently.  Although I guess you could argue that 4 days on and 4 days off has its own consistency.

Good work on keeping up with the workouts even in the face of all of that adversity (both Lou and Dave).  That's great! I'd log the walks, Lou, myself, just under walking, not running.  Doesn't seem right, otherwise.

35 minutes of tempo yesterday.  Felt pretty good, though a little bit slower than I'd like, still just within target range.   Today is 7 easy.  Next week I start with 2 speed workouts a week for a month or two.  Time to make that base pay off!

Kimmie

Nice Jeremy... I know your base will payoff.

so, my Dh got up early to go to the gym, which is a huge deal... so I didn't run this morning.. don't want to discourage him from working out.  But, now I'm faced with running in this heat again.  I'm hoping that a shady route will make the difference.

evanflein

Kimmie, I know what you mean... when my DH wants to go for a run, or to the gym, or whatever I'm ready to jump right on it and go with him. It seems the slightest thing will knock him off track and he's been doing really well lately, even with the bum knee.

Lou, I always log my walks, but under walking. Sort of like my pool running. Every resource says it's the equivalent of running, and that 40 minutes of pool running is equivalent to what you'd run in 40 minutes, etc, etc. I'd log it as pool running, but my "running" log would have these huge holes and gaps in it, even though my calendar was bursting with all the XT and pool running I was doing. It was pretty depressing. But, in the interest of the running logs and my own OCD tendencies... a run is a run and everything else is something else.

On that note, I'd love to go pool running tonight, but with a 6 pm soccer game that won't be over till 7:30, and starving teenagers to attend to afterwards, and only one vehicle... it doesn't look like it's going to happen. DH is taking my car to Valdez today to go halibut fishing with a friend for the weekend. Guess we better step up the pace on eating last summer's halibut catch!

Bugs

Just a quick hello. Hang in their Lou. You rock at the power walking though.  Dave, move safely. Don't hurt anything. Erika, glad to hear you're back running.

I've stopped XTing for a few days, hoping my knees will feel better or bottom line not do any more damage while healing. It beyond obvious running Grandmas is not possible. We are going to the race though. Going to cheer on RA and real friends. Do the party and drinking, lots of drinking. I wasn't sure about going to Duluth at first, thought I would be more depressed but I think it is better than feeling sorry for myself. In the mean time I've started some remodel projects, which consist of me shopping and telling DH what to do. Smile

Bugs

evanflein

Hi Bugs! I agree that you should go. Someone's gotta hold up the party bus, right? Have fun with the remodel projects.
                        Cashmason

Good to see you posting again Bugs.   Good choice in going to Grandmas.   For me half the fun is seeing friends  both cyber and local friends.

First two miles today with the new dog.

Hi, Bugs!

:grr:  - tried to log my walks under a new Walks activity.  Problem is that the equipment (shoes) can't be shared between Runs and Walks when these are separate activities.  So, for now, I have to log as Type=Walk under Activity=Run.  Not happy with this but one of the reasons I wanted to log these was to keep track of the shoe mileage.  To rationalize that this is "ok", I realize that I'm only changing my "Run" mileage a little by logging the walks under runs.

If anyone has any other ideas, let me know what you think.

Dave

One way to keep it out of your graphs might be to log the walks as "Effort = 1" and then make the report show only "Effort > 1".  Of course you'd have to make sure all your other workouts had effort logged.

There doesn't seem to be an easy way to exclude a single type of workout from the reports though.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.  I had considered running the "Lawyers Have Heart 10K" with Perry and his wife this morning in downtown DC but was still tweaking after Thursday's tempo work.  

I hope they had a great race.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

Hey Bugs!

so glad you're going to Grandma's..... good for you on not feeling sorry for yourself. 

I met a woman today who is running Grandmas.  I asked her the standard question:  So are you training for a marathon?  and she says, well actually , I'm running one next weekend, it's a small one, called Grandma's.  and I said, " I know that race!"    She said, Really???   I can't believe you know a race that's in Duluth.  So we chatted and I told her everything that I loved about it.  She's going to try to run a 3:50 and BQ.... I think she will do it based on running with her this morning.

I love my running group.  I was so tired when I showed up this morning... just  not enough sleep lately.  And I saw my friends and got going and felt fine.  Only ended up with 8 miles because of kids' soccer tournament that I need to get to, but it was a good effort.

Have a good weekend all.