Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/20/2010 Merry Christmas Edition (Read 328 times)

Happy Camper

Vacation is bliss.  Forty-three degrees out and I'm about to go run in shorts!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

evanflein

Hey Bryan. Bite me.

-23° and I'm about to go to the gym. Angry

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

35F and I'll be in long pants and long-sleeved shirt, thank you.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Must be nice Pace Angry  j/k

Got my 20 miler in this morning. Ran the first 5 with Dh then dropped him off at car and switched from running shoes to my Vibrams. I am SOOOOO done with running shoes! My feet felt so heavy while running in them. Ken is still kind of battling getting back to running. First cold then goes away for work. Anyway just glad he got out there with me. The rest of my run went much faster than planned, though it didn't feel any harder than my last long run.  I think the Vibrams are helping me be more efficient in my stride and that the running shoe's I had been wearing were more cumbersome than I realized. Who would have thunk my legs could move like that after yesterday's tempo run. I made several attempts at slowing down, however I'd stop paying attention and without realizing it my pace would drop back down. Oh and the weather is still pretty nice. Still chilly but not as chilly as it was the first part of last week. 

Happy Monday and hope everyone not only has an AWESOME week but an AWESOME Christmas! Safe travels for those traveling!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hawt and sexy

I'm leaving tomorrow. heh

I'm touching your pants.

Bugs

More snow here, running is competing with weather, family life and work. It will soon take a humpalumpa to get me out the kitchen door if things don't change soon. Where is Brian, I think I'll go meet him

Pizza Ranch? Yuckie. Moms cooking should top that.

Bugs

Bugs

Another TM run. 2 miles, and then I get kind of dizzy, something going on again. Rest and then I ran 3.5 more miles. I'm looking at six feet of snow on my deck, and my running sort of sucks. I think I should sign up for Fargo. Plenty of time right? I'm just hoping if I signed up I'd make running a priority.

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

What's a humpalumpa? Sounds scary. Hopefully it's too warm down here for humpalumpas.

Happy Camper

Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka with his Oompa-Loompas in the Warner Home Video release Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Maybe a humpalauma is like an oompa loompa?

Last warm morning before the crap weather slides back in.  Headed out for 10 later.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

I still have no idea on the humpalumpa reference Smile

9.2 miles @ 8:09/mi, including 10 striders.  Felt great.

Also felt great to break 2000 for the year.  After my injuries in February and April, I wasn't sure I'd be able to catch PB, but I guess I did.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Lou - congrats on the 2000 milestone.  Way to humpalump through the miles (Pretty sure that's not how the word is to be used, but it sounded fun)!

Ran 5 miles - 3 miles of tempo running sandwiched with warmup and cool down miles.  Felt good.  9 more miles before I crack 1500 for the year, which was my goal, but felt like a long shot until about 2 months ago.  I'm hoping that 2011 will be the year I get to that 2k mark.

Not sure how much I'll be on here this week, with Christmas and family and stuff.  It's not the week that I want to spend on the computer.  Love this time of year with family.

Hope everyone has an awesome, blessed Christmas!  Love my running family!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

evanflein

Congrats on the 2k miles, Lou! I'd forgotten that you had a rough start to this year too. You normally run more miles than I do, but this year I caught that damn bunny on December 3! I won't crack 2,200, but definitely 2,100 so it's a mileage PR year for me. Smile

Bugs, running funks this time of year are typical. What's with the dizzy spells? Maybe you can work on XT more instead of running?

My running has definitely tapered down. I can't believe I ran a marathon just over 2 weeks ago. My 10 miler on Sunday took a lot out of me. I'm off work after Wednesday though, so will have more time during the day to go for a run. Just wish it would warm up a bit. My treadmill is still out of action but FedEx should be bringing the belt lube tomorrow, I hope.

(I don't know anyone else who has issues with the lube on their treadmill... and nobody in this stupid town even sells the stuff, even though at least three places sell treadmills. What's up with my 'mill?? Or do others' just ignore it? Hard to say...)

Have a great time with your family, Paul. Merry Christmas to you, too!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Congrats on the 2000 crossing Lou. And Merry Christmas week to everyone.

p2r: how many weeks is it to StL?

Bugs

Maybe a humpalauma is like an oompa loompa?

Last warm morning before the crap weather slides back in.  Headed out for 10 later.

It is a cart with really big wheels.

I think I have Mom Syndrome, Just Christmas Moms work overdrive. All this snow makes for more work too. Today I tried to get to the mall and it is dry, and then icy. I hit a icy spot and did a 360, back tires in the snow. A friend was right behind me, her and another guy pushed me out. Geez, talk about luck.

Lou, that is awesome. Oh, I don't even want to know mine, oh crap I don't as my log is never right. Nice work!

I've never lubed my TM, but I think I'm suppose to do something for maintance... Oh I should call the store...

Bugs

Happy Camper

Perry:  It's a little over 15 weeks until GoStLouis on April 10th.  It will be here before you know it!