Marathon Trainers

Week of 12/20/2010 Merry Christmas Edition (Read 328 times)

Dave

Wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas today. I've been absent but not in spirit. Enjoying the holidays with family. Getting some running in but not enough. I hope everyone has had a great time with their families in this special season. I'm envious of you marathoners with your mocking bars. :-)

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I hope everyone is enjoying their time with their families this weekend.

I did get out to run 17 or so, had no speed at all today, so I couldn't do a progression run.  I was thinking maybe it was because we had a beef roast last night (instead of carbs), but Harriet ran fast so I guess for me it was just one of those days.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I did 11 followed by a short race, and had no energy to race at all, and just ran it like the rest, so I had the same "no speed" holiday/whatever influence.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

evanflein

I got my treadmill all lubed up, cleaned up and put back together. Then ran an 8 mile progression run on it. I think I still need to adjust the tension, it feels like it slips just slightly every now and then. Glad I got that done.

I felt like a total slacker this past week, even though I worked out every day but yesterday. I got in 15 miles on the elliptical, 19.3 miles of running, 3.5 of (measured) walking and 2 x weights/abs. Should feel like a good week, but meh... whenever the mileage is low it feels like nothing much happened. I'm off work all next week though, so hopefully I'll get some more miles in and keep up the weights and XT. 

(Kimmie, you really gave away a treadmill?? Why??)

Hi Dave! Wish you could post more often.

Kimmie

It was nice while it lasted, but we just don't have the room here for it.   Not to mention, it was old and given to us by friends, so I wasn't giving away an expensive one.  If we had a bigger place, I would definitely spend whatever was necessary to have one.

Great running going on here.

Tonight might be a treadmill run at the gym-   the wind is unbelievable out there.