Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/25/2011 (Read 305 times)

Hawt and sexy

And said, "Doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take,
    I say, Doctor, to relieve this belly ache?
    I say, Doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take,
    I say, Doctor, to relieve this belly ache?"
    "Now let me get this straight ",
    Put the lime in the coconut, you drank them both up

I'm touching your pants.

It seems I've lost my tempo speed forever, after my taper I've lost 30 seconds per mile.  Argh!

Dave

Waiting to see if Dave can keep up exponential increases Smile

Possibly.  My plan tonight is for an hour on the treadmill.  Should take me to 14 already this week Wink.

Next week is not looking good.  Flying Monday into Raleigh and driving down to Fort Bragg and then back up to DC for the end of the week.

Ugh.

Gen, could it possibly just be the increased temps?  Tends to sap some of the bounce out of your legs this time of year.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Happy Camper

Pam:  Hope all is better for you and your family.

AG:  I bet the slow down is just some marathon afterglo.  It will come back. 

Day 2 of no running for me.  I had early morning weights for the  Bone Study today.  One more  set of blood  draws  tomorrow  morning and then it will be good to get back to running.  I plan to take the money from it and put it into a gym membership.  The past year of lifting weights 2x per week has totally stopped all the aches and tweaks I use to get in my low back.  I will never again undervalue the benefits of improving core strength. 

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Kimmie

Quick post for me...

sorry to hear about your kiddos health situations, Pam.  Try not to worry... (way easier said than done)   

Thinking about you and praying.

As always, you all inspire me to keep it going....  ran some in Florida, but never any great distances.   Just enjoyed being outside and running.

Great, super slow run last night with the group.   I forced myself to do a slow run with a friend, since it was hot, and I wanted to run with her, anyways.... just felt great overall and I wasn't pouring in sweat when I was done.

And thanks for the reminder to post my time running, Paul.  Smile   I'm not as data obsessed as I used to be, so I just guess or put nothing.  I need to start wearing my watch again.

data obsessed 

Did someone just call me? Smile

6 easy miles this morning.  69° at 5am -- too early in the season for that

But I went a bit faster than yesterday, legs still dead from the marathon, though.  Yes, Gen it will come back, but marathons do take a lot out of you.  The warm weather doesn't help, either.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Hail to The Victors!

Another rainy day.  Much better than Monday in that it was 62 rather than 48, warm rain makes all of the difference.

Did a minor bit of speed today (2 mi tempo run) just to see how things felt.  Felt really positive, so I think things are definitely moving in the right direction.  Looks like I'll run a 5K next weekend, it will be one year to the weekend since I broke my foot, so it's about stinking time!

someone has to say it, where the heck is Murphy?

Yeah, where the heck is murphy?

Ran in a torrential downpour this morning, luckily for me it was a short run at only 3 miles.  Harriet, however, ran 6.

I kept timing how far the lightning was by counting the the time until the thunder.  It never got closer than 1.5 miles.  Still I was thinking about folks being sent off of golf courses during thunderstorms.  Of course runners don't carry their own lightning rods.  Smile

Soaked to the skin by the end, though.

theyapper

On the road again...

Wow, Lou.  I'm not much for lightning runs, but it would make me run faster.

A hot 5 miler this morning.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

blah blah another 5 miles, I can't seem to do more than 5 or 6 lately, it seems like such a bore!

Hope Pam's kiddos are ok, I keep wondering how she's going.

Did Murphy go hang out with the cool kids?

Relax, it'll come back

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

First hill workout in I have no idea how many months. That gets tiring.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Dave

someone has to say it, where the heck is Murphy?

Other than a newborn, I have no idea why he's not in here Wink.

Looks like Gen is having a post-marathon let down.  Like Lou said.  It will come.

5.75 for me after taking a day off yesterday.  I didn't want to run 3 days in a row and then be sore.  Today felt pretty nice all things considered.  2 mile warmup and then progressively faster 1/4 miles on the treadmill up to about a 7:20 pace.

Hot is not something we've seen yet.  It was 43F this evening and felt pretty cold.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

evanflein

Heh, it was 43 today and felt Great! Actually, when I went out for my run today at lunch it was almost 50°. Last night's run though was more like 43° with rain sprinkles. That was ok, too, but I should've had gloves. Today was 5.5 miles with some speedy bits, maybe some HM pace effort. Yesterday was 7.2 miles with a pitstop at mile 5.

Yeah, hope things are ok with Pam's kids.

Hang in there, Gen. You had a really good marathon. Cut yourself some slack.

Good for you for tackling those hills, Perry.

I don't like running in thunderstorms either. Ours usually have a lot of wind and hail associated with them. I found out last year that hail hurts!!