Marathon Trainers

Week of 8/3 (Read 246 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

I did not run today. The humidity and temp dropped and I ended up napping the day away. I think I have not been sleeping well because of how stuffy it is in my apt (i have not turned the ac on). And I think with the poor sleep my body has not been recovering as normal. So today it took the opportunity to sleep. Tomorrow I will get back at it.
    AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Sleep is probably very good -- some physiologists say rest is a key component to training.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Oh Mighty Wing

Sleep is probably very good -- some physiologists say rest is a key component to training.

I agree! And since I spent the day napping I do not feel bad about taking the day off. I must have needed it. :-)

evanflein

Turn on the A/C if you need it (and have the luxury of having it!). It'll make a huge difference in how you sleep. My sleep problems lately have been more hormone induced, I think.

Hope you're feeling better soon, Pam. When is your 100 miler, this Saturday? Geez, do you have good timing or what?

Tick Tock Tick Tock... grandbaby countdown. 

Nice run, Perry. Sometimes it's good to run with someone to help you with pacing. I know that as a lone runner, I frequently wish I had a "pacer" to keep me on track.

Another late treadmill run tonight. Air quality bordering on "very unhealthy" and "hazardous." Ok, don't need to yell, I can figure it out. Sure think my treadmill and I are spending too much time together though.

7.23 miles in an hour, 8:18 avg pace with 2 @ 8:50, 1 @ 8:34 to warm up, then 5 x .5 mile @ 7:30, with .2 mile recovery at 8:34. Last .73 mile @ 8:50; .25 mile walk before and after. A good workout, should've done this one yesterday. This week has been all messed up.

We had rain all day today, which is great for my lawn and garden, but I don't know if it rained on the bigger fires. It's gotta make some difference though, you'd think. Time will tell, I guess. The smoke tonight looks as bad as last night, and it's supposed to be warmer and drier tomorrow. Just really hoping the half marathon on Saturday isn't postponed. I really need that race to go off as planned because we'll be out of town on a couple of the possible re-do dates.

Now you tell me Smile

I guess I don't train very well then.

Up at 3:15 this morning to get in a 12 miler.  What a difference a few degrees makes.  While the humidity was still 88%, the temps were down to 60°F this morning, and I felt downright peppy. 

12.1 miles, 1:43:42, 8:33/mi, AHR 147 (75% MHR)

miles@pace(AHR) = 5@9:09(136), 2@8:45(142), 5.12@7:55(158)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Lou - I agree!!! The weather this morning was awesome!!!

Erika - I moved a better fan into the bedroom which allows for more air movement! That has helped a ton!!!!

Biked 3 miles and then ran 4 and change. Man that felt good and now i'm hungry!! Smile

theyapper

On the road again...

I'm amazed at the great running here.  Pam and Perry (I think) - congrats on passing 2k for the year.  That's impressive.

I got in 6+ miles this morning (warm-up and then a 6 mile pace run) and the weather was nice even though the humidity was 100%.  Temps were in the mid 60s and it did feel cool.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

lou,  you're quickly turning into my favorite person.  Smile   

heh heh Smile

I mentioned my comment about painting to PDR, who reminded me of my additional reputation as an incompetent caulker.

Score!

Yes the race is tomorrow Erika. Timing has never been my fine point lol. It's been ages since I've had a cold, go figure I get one the week of a big race.

Took a sudefed this morning and went out for a short run. Legs and  lungs  felt great however my throat is another story. It's feeling much better now. Will be popping throat lozenges (sp?) throughout the day and it looks like I'll be taking sudafed every 6 hours or so at least until this nasal crap goes away. I'm really suprised at how supportive my husband is being. It was his suggestion about the sudafed. As long as it's not in my chest he seems to think I should give it my best shot. I guess he trusts that I'll pull out if warrented (he's right)

Heading north in 3 or so hours. I've been trying to  get twitter and facebook combined but the links don't seem to be working. Dh refuses to open a FB account but has a twitter account (though he doesn't tweet) and would like me to tweet during my race. He also set me up on google longtitude so others can follow my progress throughout the race. Guess since he won't be there to blog (he did that last year) he's expecting me  to take his place. Good thing there's room in my camelback for my blackberry. 

Thanks Paul!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hail to The Victors!

Good luck, Pam!

Congrats on both you and Perry passing 2k, way to go!

Good luck, Pam!

Cashmason

Good Luck Pam!

Gonna have to change my dog's name from Mara ( short for Marathon) to 5k.    She loses pace around 3k and is ready for a nap around 5k.

She has done a 10 mile run/walk with the girlfriend at a slower pace.

I find it hilarious that  the dog slows me down and not vice versa.

Oh Mighty Wing

GO PAM GO PAM!!!!

I'm trying to pack for my race... Drake Well Marathon. But i'm unmotivated and feel nothing... it's weird... I mean I feel good - legs feel good, the week of running wasn't super but wasn't bad, and I feel good about it. But I'm just not excited about this race...

Kimmie

Good luck to Pam!!!!

I can't even imagine 100 miles... you go girl!

I caught a wicked cold yesterday!   ugh!   I never get sick in the summer.   I am supposed to run a 20K on Sunday.  I think I will do a test run today to see how it goes.  I ran the National Half Marathon in March with a cold and that wasn't fun.   I found out I like to be able to breathe through my nose when I run.  Smile

Hope you have a good trip and a good race, Jelly.  Maybe you're just tired?   I bet you'll enjoy yourself once you get there.

Where's Bugs?

theyapper

On the road again...

Pam - Good luck.  100 miles makes my head spin!

Kim - hope you feel better.  Running is hard enough when you can breathe.

Jelly - Maybe this will be your best race yet.

Me?  Did 9 miles this morning and like an idiot took no water with me.  Felt great through mile 5, but the last 4 were fairly uncomfortable.  Taking no water on a 9 mile run in 70F weather and 100% humidity will not happen again.

Needless to say, I was thankful that this was a cutback week and my long run was shorter than usual.  Next Saturday I do 14 which will be my longest run ever.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul