Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/19 (Read 267 times)

Thanks Pace and Husker Smile That makes sense Pace which is why I told dh it doesn't really make sense to start again until it gets a bit warmer. Congrats on the new baby Husker!!! I host my pictures on photobucket than I copy the html code right off the photobucket site and paste in message. Pretty simple. Hope that helps BTW way to get 7 miles in. Having a new baby sure can get in the way with getting your runs in. As long as it was easy I'm sure your legs will have no problem with you doing that much after the break you've had.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Thanks Dave Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hail to The Victors!

Welcome Pam! This is a great group of people and a great place to hang out! Glad to see you here! Today was a wash for me. Right hammy was really sore, definitely pushed too hard on the Sunday run. Made it about 20 steps and bailed out, limping the whole way. Took more advil and decided to wait for the massage therapist this afternoon. She laid into both hammys and really loosened things up. Looks like I'll take tomorrow off as well, continue stretching and advil and climb back on the horse on Wednesday.
        Cashmason

Welcome Pam! 4 1/2 hours of golf... yes using a cart. Leaving now to teach spin. I might actually think about but not actually do a run. I should swim, havent at all in 2009, and weights too. None of which will help my half in a couple of weeks.

Hail to The Victors!

4 1/2 hours of golf... yes using a cart.
            Lucky dog. That's one thing I couldn't do in Florida. The wife doesn't golf, so I had no chance. Hope it went well!
              Welcome Pam! This is a great group of people and a great place to hang out! Glad to see you here! Today was a wash for me. Right hammy was really sore, definitely pushed too hard on the Sunday run. Made it about 20 steps and bailed out, limping the whole way. Took more advil and decided to wait for the massage therapist this afternoon. She laid into both hammys and really loosened things up. Looks like I'll take tomorrow off as well, continue stretching and advil and climb back on the horse on Wednesday.
              THanks Jhallum!! Sounds like you know exactly what to do when the body acts up from pushing too hard. Hope your able to relax tomorrow and that everything is feeling better come Wed!! It can be tough to know what's pushing it after finishing a marathon. BTW Congrats on the new PR! I see a BQ in the near future for you!

Welcome Pam! 4 1/2 hours of golf... yes using a cart. Leaving now to teach spin. I might actually think about but not actually do a run. I should swim, havent at all in 2009, and weights too. None of which will help my half in a couple of weeks.
                Thanks Cash! Must be nice to be somewhere that's warm enough for golf. I take it you are recovering from some sort of injury. Hope you're back to tip top shape ASAP!! Teaching spin, thinking about a run, swimming and weights DAMN! Way to keep in shape!

Hey, Pam! Welcome! Hey, I'm not the newbie any more Smile (I just joined a few weeks ago) So you're a rookie runner, too -- who'da thunk it? Jeremy - ouch!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Hey, Pam! Welcome! Hey, I'm not the newbie any more Smile (I just joined a few weeks ago) So you're a rookie runner, too -- who'da thunk it?
                    Hey Lou! Thanks Smile I'll be the "noob" as my 7 year old son would say (the things he has learned *sigh*) Ya who'da thunk lol. I'm wondering how long does it take before you're no longer a rookie? In my mind I'm only a rookie at racing.

I obviously have way too much time on my hand while dh is in the garage working on 7 year old ds's car for the Pinewood Derby. Not something I'm used to this time of night

Bugs

P2R, Yes I have been nagging my DH for new shoe screws and my low oil light. MEN! The bad part about screw shoes they are not good for the dry parts, although I found out tonight there were no dry parts. I was running on a foot of crunchy snow. Very lovely easy run in crisp 20F weather at night. These extra Tae Kwon Doe classes may help my running. (I can run during class)

Bugs

evanflein

Hi Pam! I can't remember where but I remember you from some other thread. Oh, and BTW, Cash isn't injured. He's just a lazy ass SOB. (and I love him dearly just the way he is!) Wink And a belated welcome to Yapper also, I missed his post earlier. Hey Brian! Get off the stick and get those baby pictures posted!! Big grin I ran 11.74 on the treadmill yesterday evening, and 4 easy today along with some weights. We've had freezing rain, snow, melting snow (i.e., ICE everywhere) and now snow and freezing rain again. Needless to say, I'm in no hurry to go break my neck outside even with the Spikies for my shoes. Looking at marathon plans and since I might be in Henderson NV from March 11-13, I was looking at marathons that weekend. The only one that looked good was the Little Rock marathon on March 15. Quick search of plane tickets from Las Vegas to Little Rock turned up nothing under $500...! WTF? Is it that out of the way that there are no saver type flights around $200? So, add in hotel, etc, and it's just not feasible for us right now. I'm really pissed that my finances are the biggest limitation on my running. Angry So... I guess nothing on tap till Boston. Might look at a May marathon in Minnesota (Bugs, that one I e-mailed you about but you're not available), the Lake Wobegon Trail marathon... looks nice and flat. Then I might do a race in Colorado if DH goes to his company's conference... OR I might do the Mayor's Marathon on June 20, but that's one week before the Seattle Rock-n-Roll Marathon on June 27 and I really want to be primed for that one. Really want to get that 4-marathons-in-4-states-or-provinces thing for my 3-star status. I don't see any other way to get that this year.... (Shan, is that what you're looking at too? Careful grrl... you're a marathon noob and pretty ambitious for just completing your first.) Tomorrow I have dinner with a vendor. Taking us to a really nice place for dinner with an awesome wine list. How sick is this... I'm thinking of bailing so I can get my run in...? What's come over me... OMG...................
                          Cashmason

Erika, dearest, I am not lazy. I work out an average of 500 minutes per week. Just my sport is only 1/3 running. Next time you come to Calif, come swim in the ocean with me and a couple hundred of your favorite sharks, for a half hour, then lets ride for an hour, and then run... oh and all in the same clothes except for the shoes and hat. Pam I used to run marathons, now I mostly do triathlons. I still run the occasional stand alone run race.

Oh Mighty Wing

Cash - technically right now it's only half since you haven't seen the water in 09 yet Tongue (yeah that's right I will push you on more things than running if it will help you!) Erika - ohh I like what your kitchen is cooking!!! You have some great plans!!! I'm gonna hold off on my ambitiousness till march. Bump my mileage and see where it takes me. Thank you for the reminder though - sometimes I need those to help keep my excitement in line.
                                No traffic on I-270 towards DC this morning Confused -- I guess everyone had already gotten down there or were scared away. 6.1 miles, 56:44, 9:21/mi, AHR 137

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com