Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/19 (Read 267 times)

Bugs

I ran really nice and strong 3 miles up hill, could have easily ran 6, but held back.

Bugs

Cashmason

Ran 10 on the treadmill tonight in 91 minutes while g/f taught her class at the gym. It's ok Erika, we know that you can't get even a bathtub of water in Alaska over 60 degrees. Can't really expect y'all to swim much. Kimmie are you still using the foam roller on a regular basis? I felt fine after my run tonight, but the foam roller sure hurt.

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - nice job!! Cash - look at you go!! When is your race?
        Kimmie

Kimmie are you still using the foam roller on a regular basis? I felt fine after my run tonight, but the foam roller sure hurt.
          I am using my foam roller and loving it. I'm wondering why my shins are so sore. They've never bothered me in previous marathon training cycles and I always thought that sore shins or shin splints were a beginner injury. But the roller seems to help and the original reason I got it, my ITB, is all better. Nice run... I am truly impressed by those of you who run so long on a treadmill.... is it at your house or a gym? I feel like I could do it if I were watching a movie or something- but of course, that doesn't work at the gym and we just don't have the room for a treadmill here.
            4x1/2M repeats, 2:00 intervals split(HR) 3:17(169),3:15(178),3:17(172),3:21(189). Planned 6 repeats -- probably went out too fast by about 15 seconds/mile. Overall: 9.2 miles, 1:14:22, 8:06/mi, AHR 156

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Very nice Lou!!! Kimmie - I'm not so skilled at the treadmill either. After about a mile I am bored and antsy.
                Good job Bugs Smile Good job on the run Cash! I spent a few weeks on the treadmill this time last year. Unfortunatly I'm not meant to run on treadmills. I'm sure people could hear me all the way across town. Great workout Lou! With just 2 minute recovery that's a TOUGH workout! I've just started with intervals.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Good job on your 5 miler Shan

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Happy Camper

...Got a little over 12 miles done today. Made the mistake of eating Subway (it's been like 2 years since I ate there) before my run and talk about BIG MISTAKE! Stomach ache and nausea started halfway through my run and lasted probably about an hour after my run though my stomach is still not happy.
                    Foot-long meatball on white with cheese and extra bacon again? <:p> 6 & change in 58:04 avg hr 144. No left quad tweek this morning!</Tongue>

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Foot-long meatball on white with cheese and extra bacon again? <:p> 6 & change in 58:04 avg hr 144. No left quad tweek this morning!</Tongue>
                      Foot -long chicken breast on wheat with provalogne , sweet onion sauce as well as bell peppers and onion (I think they put TONS of onion on it) Nice run Cash! Glad to hear no quad tweeking!

Hail to The Victors!

4x1/2M repeats, 2:00 intervals split(HR) 3:17(169),3:15(178),3:17(172),3:21(189). Planned 6 repeats -- probably went out too fast by about 15 seconds/mile. Overall: 9.2 miles, 1:14:22, 8:06/mi, AHR 156
                        Nice intervals, Lou! Bugs, also nice run, it's gotta still be cold there too. My wife is in shock this winter. It's so much like Minnesota here this year. It hasn't touched freezing since Jan 5th, and there is almost two feet of snow on the ground. The side streets have been snow packed since then, and there aren't any patches of black anywhere. Even though Ann Arbor is in Michigan, we usually get several days of southerly winds and above freezing temps during January, enough to melt snow partly off of side streets and clear off part of the last big snow . This year, that just hasn't happened. Ergo, very Minnesotaesque. My wife, from Massachusetts, just doesn't like it. I think she wants to move back. :-) I'm back on the horse today, my hammy is doing great, so it time for 6 easy at lunch and see how it rides. Just have to get through a meeting before the run. Luckily there are no windows in the meeting room because I always want to run screaming out them at some point. Roll eyes

Oh Mighty Wing

Jhallum - try some backwards running when you get done your run.
                            Bugs, also nice run, it's gotta still be cold there too. My wife is in shock this winter. It's so much like Minnesota here this year.
                            Bugs - For whatever reason, I looked at your summary page this morning, and noticed your temps weren't much colder than ours. I think you were at 13°F and we were at 15° when I looked. I did have to dodge some ice, but there was some evaporation/melting yesterday somehow (the temps didn't get close to melting point), so it wasn't as bad as yesterday. Glad to hear your ham is feeling better, JH Foot long chicken breast with onions -- it's not just for breakfast any more. Smile Being an early morning runner, I generally don't eat before runs most days unless going 15+. Just some coffee to wake up a bit.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Hail to The Victors!

Jhallum - try some backwards running when you get done your run.
                              Will do, Shan! Thanks for the advice!

Oh Mighty Wing

Will do, Shan! Thanks for the advice!
                                i hope it helps - i only do 20sec - 1min worth. it was awkward at first but now it feels great!! WRFB - how can you not eat??? I had to have breakfast before i ran this morning - I am soo hungry in the morning!!! (really I eat ALL the time... it's scary)