Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/19 (Read 267 times)

WRFB - how can you not eat???
    Well, I don't know. It would take too much time during the week, and the activity itself is an appetite suppressant, I think, as I'm not generally hungry during a run. Also, I aim to complete my midweek runs by 6am, so it's a bit early to eat before the run. Pretty hungry now, though Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Bugs, tell me your story about running through a cough- did you say you got bronchitis? I thought I was better but this cough is back. ugh- very frustrating... I don't feel sick so much as annoyed by the congestion. I guess common sense would say rest, like you had told me before. Possibly, I'm being stubborn and wanting to increase my miles.

Oh Mighty Wing

hmm that makes sense... Let's see here's my morning so far... I woke up at 5, walked teh dog, ate oatmeal made with milk a banana and a glass of OJ, drove to school, was running by 6. ate some grapes around 7, ate an apple with peanut butter, some goldfish, and some of my nuts/raisins mix between 840 and 1015, I'll eat a string cheese at 12, a turkey sandwich at 1, a little cottage cheese and peaches at 4, dinner at 7. maybe i'm just a fatty...

Oh Mighty Wing

Kimmie - honestly i would probably keep running. but i'm not so smart.
            I woke up at 5, walked teh dog, ate oatmeal made with milk a banana and a glass of OJ, drove to school, was running by 6. ate some grapes around 7, ate an apple with peanut butter, some goldfish, and some of my nuts/raisins mix between 840 and 1015, I'll eat a string cheese at 12, a turkey sandwich at 1, a little cottage cheese and peaches at 4, dinner at 7.
            Some people say this is a healthier way to eat than all your food in three meals.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

Bugs, tell me your story about running through a cough- did you say you got bronchitis? I thought I was better but this cough is back. ugh- very frustrating... I don't feel sick so much as annoyed by the congestion. I guess common sense would say rest, like you had told me before. Possibly, I'm being stubborn and wanting to increase my miles.
              I ended up in hospital with the two cardiologists over me telling me my heart was not working right. Told my DH as they rolled in the crash cart (used for cardiac arrest) to take care of my kids if something happens. Cost me $4K to learn to rest when sick. Go to doctor, tell him you can't stop coughing, ask about getting put on a steroid, this could clear up the coughing in a couple of days. Drink lots of water!

Bugs

got in a nice and easy 4.1 with Dh. I really wish he'd get more consistant with his running *sigh* . I am happy that I can help motivate him to get out when he's home with me and the kids are at school. Speaking of eating all the time this is getting rediculous!! My body doesn't want to stop eating, well except days like yesterday after Subway. Guess my body is making sure I eat enough. Thankfully when it was craving a Frosty or Milkshake last night I made sure to go online and take a look at the nutitional facts. Needless to say it saved dh from going to Wendy's and gave him something to laugh at lol. Kimmie, I sure hope your chest cold gets better!!! I've never stopped running due to congestion. Are you running a fever at all? That's usually one thing that will (for the most part) keep me from running.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Dave

Dang, Kimmie, hope you get well soon. I wouldn't mess with that kind of a cough. I'd rest until things improved. I decided to save my longer mid-week run for tomorrow when the weather warms up a bit. Should be in the 40's by then. Ran 5 very steady on the treadmill without the HRM and without any speed work whatsoever. Legs felt great and I should be ready for 9 tomorrow. All this talk about food is just making me hungry.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

sure Dave you just wanted to give me one more day on top...

Bugs

Ugh, can I complain too. I feel fat, just bloated. Scale says 123.5, but I swear I'm more like 130. The good part is I'd rather be hungry than feel like this. I guess there is a reason that Runner's World has all those diet recipes in it. Leaning towards no half this weekend. Extra cold this weekend, not feeling like I'll do anything great, and my family really could use me around, was also given a free pass by friends I was suppose to meet.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - sorry you feel bloated! Hey have you tanned a while?
                        Kimmie

ok, good reminders everyone. I'm not running today. Going to the doctor in a couple of hours.
                          Kimmie

The Doc says I have bronchitis and she says no running for 10 days so that it doesn't turn into pneumonia. I don't know how I'm going to take 10 days off. I'm fairly sure I've never taken 10 days off from running, especially not three and a half weeks out from a marathon. But, I don't want to be over dramatic, especially considering Bug's ordeal.
                              The Doc says I have bronchitis and she says no running for 10 days so that it doesn't turn into pneumonia. I don't know how I'm going to take 10 days off. I'm fairly sure I've never taken 10 days off from running, especially not three and a half weeks out from a marathon. But, I don't want to be over dramatic, especially considering Bug's ordeal.
                              Ughhhh so sorry to hear that it's bronchitis!!!! Hopefully taking a few days off will be all your body needs to get recovered enough! Hugs hun!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Ugh, can I complain too. I feel fat, just bloated. Scale says 123.5, but I swear I'm more like 130. The good part is I'd rather be hungry than feel like this. I guess there is a reason that Runner's World has all those diet recipes in it. Leaning towards no half this weekend. Extra cold this weekend, not feeling like I'll do anything great, and my family really could use me around, was also given a free pass by friends I was suppose to meet.
                                anytime hun!!! I hear you on rather being hungry than feeling fat and bloated!! I'm having a real problem with my stomach. There are days where I look 7 months pregnant NO LIE and feel so icky. I've had gas from hell!! If you're really not into the half let it go. If you're feeling your family needs you around, well you know what's important!