Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/19 (Read 267 times)

Happy Camper

sure Dave you just wanted to give me one more day on top...
    Shan, have you explained this to your husband? It sounds rather kinky... wink
    Cash - : I wish we could trade places - I'd love to know what it feels like to not get bored easily.
    Fixed it for you!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Nice progression run, Cash. Did you go to sleep after I woke up this morning? (I woke up at 3:30 ET) I thought only Erika did that. 12.1 miles, 1:45:22, 8:43/mi, AHR 144 -- this was progression, too, but I'm too lazy to transcribe the paces. I started at about 9:20/mi and finished at about 8:10.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

haahhahahahah Pace nice job on that!! Big grin WRFB - you are a running fool!!!

Dave

Looks like its a good day for progression runs. P2R, I was going to let that one go Big grin From out in the main racing forum, there is this great link: http://mysite.verizon.net/jim2wr/id202.html Turns out that men actually BQ at a higher percentage than women at almost every age. This should put to rest at least some of the whining about the BQ standards being too easy for women.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave - i think today is the day you pass me by.
              WRFB - you are a running fool!!!
              Right on both counts Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Bugs

I've been thinking, I take this crap way to seriously. I'm resting my 122.5 heavy weight body this week and hauling it to St. Paul tomorrow. I'm going to run my heart out and have fun doing it, because if it stops being fun I need to find a different hobby. If anyone wants to call me a slow-poke or think I am not a hard worker because of whatever time I log, these people are not my friend. I'll be running with Nobby and will come back with pictures, assuming I don't freeze in the race. The temps forecasted are 0F, real feel -10F, seasonal. It will be more interesting what the course conditions like as everything is thawing today and temps take a dip tomorrow.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

I've been thinking, I take this crap way to seriously. I'm resting my 122.5 heavy weight body this week and hauling it to St. Paul tomorrow. I'm going to run my heart out and have fun doing it, because if it stops being fun I need to find a different hobby. If anyone wants to call me a slow-poke or think I am not a hard worker because of whatever time I log, these people are not my friend. I'll be running with Nobby and will come back with pictures, assuming I don't freeze in the race. The temps forecasted are 0F, real feel -10F, seasonal. It will be more interesting what the course conditions like as everything is thawing today and temps take a dip tomorrow.
                  THANK GOODNESS!!!! THERE YOU ARE!!!!!! I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU!!!!!! WOOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOO Bugs is BACK!!!
                    I'm a little lost on what crap you're talking about. VERY cool that you will be running with Nobby!! ENJOY yourself!!! You are so right that you should be enjoying it! As far as pace etc, that's all relevant to each individual. I would never think that someone running slower or faster than me are working harder. TIme is irrelevant when it comes to that! You run for you and don't mind what othersthink!! Can't wait to hear how much fun you had and see pictures!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Nice run Erika and congrats on not FOYA (btdt ) Nice progression Cash! Progressions are like my favorite type of run!!! BTW Thanks! One of these years I actually might compete. Nice double Shannon

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Nice progression run, Cash. Did you go to sleep after I woke up this morning? (I woke up at 3:30 ET) I thought only Erika did that. 12.1 miles, 1:45:22, 8:43/mi, AHR 144 -- this was progression, too, but I'm too lazy to transcribe the paces. I started at about 9:20/mi and finished at about 8:10.
                        Geeze dude and here I am just eating breakfast! NICE run!!

theyapper

On the road again...

I realized that last week - not about you, but about me. I've really enjoyed the last handful of runs since then, including the 4.2 miles I just put in. Have fun this weekend. Can't wait for the pictures.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

Thanks guys. Seems I do my best thinking at 3:00 a.m. when I decided it was just nuts to loose sleep over this. Nobby and I are fighting over who gets to buy lunch. (I sent him cookies at Christmas because I think he very nice person and nice people deserve to be thanked unexpectedly.)

Bugs

evanflein

Bugs, when it stops being fun, it is time to change hobbies. Not that every run is fun, and there are times we don't question what the hell it is we're doing to ourselves or our family... but the feeling of being strong and fit, whether you're fast or not, is what really counts. The sense of accomplishment. The knowledge that in the long haul you're doing what's right for you. That's what it's all about. And anyone who'd get up and drive that far to race in those conditions, hats off to ya, girl! I'll run in some pretty beastly conditions, but I don't race in it! (we have winter races around here, I just look the other way...) Yes, Lou and I sometimes say Good Morning/Good Night in the same post on another site!

Oh Mighty Wing

Yes, Lou and I sometimes say Good Morning/Good Night in the same post on another site!
                                thats just funny!!!