Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/19 (Read 267 times)

Bugs

Cash, A few stubborn pounds could go, would get me back to that profile picture. But thanks. Kim, Thanks. I think I'm also very nervous about running in front of mentor. Glad you're feeling better, I agree 10 days is pretty extreme. How do they know it's not 8 or 11. Docs hedge, your probably the better judge. 30 minutes easy enjoying the sun. I could care less about mpw this week. The goose will not be overcooked this time.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

If you can ignore that horrible fact and focus on your own progress, it's easier to accept that there's no Secret.
      "The secret ingredient to my secret noodle soup is.. There is no secret ingredient." ~ Kung Fu Panda
      evanflein

5 miles on the treadmill at lunch, watching the news. Seems like the only time I get to watch the news, then after I do I wonder what the big appeal is. Oh well. I think I'm having an arthritis flare up in my right hip. It hasn't felt right since that horrible plane trip from Dallas to Anchorage where they only let us off the plan briefly in Seattle... Now it's making my gait funky and that's affecting my right knee a bit. Roll eyes Getting old really sucks. I just need to keep an eye on Cash to see how he's doing before I get there (heh). I was thinking about an easy 2-3 miles tomorrow (Friday is my usual rest day) but might skip it unless I feel much better. Need to get more sleep I think... stop waiting around for Lou to sign on to say hi.
          stop waiting around for Lou to sign on to say hi.
          I'm sleeping in tomorrow so you would need to stay up kinda late. The alarm is set for 4:30. Woohoo! Actually I think I'm starting to need a rest day. I am taking one Monday because I need to see the doctor about blood pressure, and running screws up the reading (makes it low), so there you go. Tomorrow will be three slow miles -- kinda like a rest day Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

4:30 is sleeping in!!! Shocked I'm tired - it's gonna be another super early night... I'm sensing this might be how it is for a couple weeks...
            Cashmason

Hey bugs, I What am I supposed to do with myself if I'm not running? Smile Good runs everyone....
              You could join the Dark Side and do some tri workouts. Can you swim or bike? You would look faaaabulous in a Dark Jedi Robe.
              Cashmason

I just need to keep an eye on Cash .
                Don't think I haven't noticed you checking me out ! wink Actually I feel quite good these days. Some days some occasional muscle soreness, but nothing worse than that. Taught spin for an hour tonight, then immediately ran on the treadmill for an hour. Nice little brick workout. The legs felt odd the first half mile, like they always do after going around in circles for an hour, it takes them time to get used to going in a straight line again. Need to get back to the pool, havent swum at all in 2009. Have another 40 mile bike ride planned for Saturday.

Oh Mighty Wing

Cash - GO SWIM!!!!! Angry
                    Shan, no need to yell at Cash -- he probably wants to swim but isn't able for some reason. Smile Balmy 23ºF in Maryland this morning -- like I promised, a short, slow recovery run: 3.1 miles, 29:50, 9:36/mi, AHR 130 Plus a core workout after the run Maybe tomorrow I'll really sleep in -- need to catch up...

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Oh Mighty Wing

WRFB - I feel that occassionally we all need a good kick to get going... my mean face was the equivalent of that hahaha Big grin Plus Cash knows I adore him!! 2 this am... so Dave you sure you wanna take that day off???Evil grin In Big News - I SIGNED UP FOR THE TAHOE TRIPLE!!!!! I'm buzzing with excitement - I was so excited I left the house this morning without my wallet, lunch, and coat!! hahaha I'm in SUCH a daze!!!!
                        Hi.. Just checking in. The running has taken a back seat. I really have a motivation problem. I stop running for 2 days, and I cant get my ass back out there. Planning on getting back out there this weekend. Probably need to re-assess my goals. Really, I just want to get in better shape, and finish my marathon running and feeling good. I know with everything going on right now and how easily sidetracked I am, it may not be realistic to do all the training I would need to hit a 4 hour marathon this year. I will work on under 5 hours first. First Doc appt for the dw today. We're actually thinking she may be at 3 mos. Hopefully we get to see the little guy or girl today. She (and I) are anxious to tell everyone. We've kept it relatively quiet. Just internet friends and immediate family.

Dave

2 this am... so Dave you sure you wanna take that day off???Evil grin In Big News - I SIGNED UP FOR THE TAHOE TRIPLE!!!!! I'm buzzing with excitement - I was so excited I left the house this morning without my wallet, lunch, and coat!! hahaha I'm in SUCH a daze!!!!
                          Why, Yes. I am sure I want the day off. Somehow, I will survive the intimidation of a 2 mile run Wink Just a bit of pain in my right knee coming down the stairs this morning. Not bad though given the mileage lately. Shan, you have not begun to get in a daze. You are going to take zombie running to a whole new level, even before you get to the starting line. I wish I had your patience, Lou, to log a 130AHR run. That is a real recovery run and I'm sure your legs will feel refreshed after that one. Day off will help. Scheduled for 9 tempo tomorrow. Will probably be more like 1 warmup/1 cooldown and 7 tempo but it will be interesting to see how another back to back feels with some tempo thrown in. MTA: How cool, Murphy. Some of the new 3d ultrasound machines are like having a little VTC with your baby but they're usually not that clear at 3 months. We paid for a scan at a place called "A Womb with a View" at about 7 1/2 months.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Muprhy - my friend didn't have a scan till 20 weeks. Dave what does - Shan, you have not begun to get in a daze. You are going to take zombie running to a whole new level, even before you get to the starting line. mean??? and what makes you think it's just a 2 miler? Wink
                              Nice recovery run Lou Smile Hope you sleep in tomorrow I wish I could *sigh* Nice brick workout! Have fun on your ride tomorrow Cash!! GL to you and DW at your appointment today Murphy!!!! Hope you get to see your little one! Congrats BTW! Enjoy your day off Dave!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Yeah, I imagine they will want to do a scan relatively early for my wife since she's 38. Whether that's today or not, I dont know. lol@ womb with a view. Congrats on signing up for the triple Shan.