Marathon Trainers

Week of 11/29/2010 (Read 214 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

You might do some short striders the day before the race, or the day before that. Not all out sprinting, just accelerating up to really fast, then decelerating  back down. Not supposed to be difficult, just to get stuff pumping excitedly Smile

(And BTW, my easy paces vary a lot too.)

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I didn't get a chance to look at Pam's log and I don't know if I'd have any good advice anyway.

I had a good, quick run yesterday: 7.2 miles, 55:43, 7:46/mi, AHR 160 (78% MHR)

Today it's pouring, but 59°.  What's with this weather?  I have 5 planned.  Actually, there's a rest day on the schedule but last week was a recovery week due to travel, so I figure I can run a bit more this week.  15k on Saturday, so I better rest a bit too.

MTA: 5 miles of recovery running

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

Ran this morning in the rain and wind.... my knee has been bothering me and I just got back from the Dr. to find out that it's severe tendonitis.

That's a bit of a bummer.  I've been unlucky lately in the injury department.   And I'm fairly sure this is from overdoing it with the squats and lunges.  Doc says no running of weights (legs) until we get it healed.     I have the Girls on the Run 5K on Saturday-  kind of have to do it- but I'm hoping that will be fine since it's just a 5K.

Paul-  can't wait to track you online this weekend.

Where's Erika's race again?

Pam, I just know that you will rock that race!  Smile

theyapper

On the road again...

Paul-  can't wait to track you online this weekend.

Sorry!  No online tracking (and it's a week from this Saturday).  I am getting excited about it, and I'm definitely getting crazy thinking about paces and fueling and weather and......  Shocked

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

evanflein

Tendinitis sucks. And it can strike anywhere, and usually a sign of overdoing something. Hope it gets better soon, but don't push it.

I'm running the Tecumseh Marathon  and no tracking there either. Actually, this one is apparently always "iffy" as far as weather goes. They'd been having really nice dry weather for months, and of course it's just recently gone to crap. I don't mind running in the cold, but cold and wet really sucks. We'll see how this goes. I leave here in a couple hours.

3.5 miles on the treadmill last night before I started um, finished packing. Packing for a running trip and a work trip all in one small suitcase to carry on. That sucker is stuffed!

theyapper

On the road again...

4 easy miles for me today.  Latest forecast for marathon day is for cold rain.  Still time for that to change, though.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Still undecided about Rehoboth this year. Cold & windy run tonight, very sleepy afterward.

theyapper

On the road again...

Rest day for me today, and after stepping outside this morning, I am glad.  Brrr.

Kim - somehow I missed that about tendonitis.  Hope you recover quickly.  You've had a few setbacks this year and I'm sure that's frustrating.

Paul

Kimmie

Thanks Paul and Erika.

Yeah, I must be getting old.  Smile   I can't seem to find a good balance the past year.  Overdoing it, then having to take time off.    Trying to not get too bummed out about it.  

Have fun this weekend, Erika.  I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself, no matter what the weather is like.  You're certainly used to all kinds of conditions.

I hope I can be good and listen to Doc's orders.  Any thoughts on cross training options?    My gym has all of the standard machines, but I would have to go somewhere else for a pool.   I do want to try pool running at some point.

Have a good one!   Lou, isn't it beautiful outside this morning?

Perry- when's Rehoboth?   Are you already signed up?

Yes, today was beautiful, about 30° and dry.  I did 9 or so @ 8:24/mile

Kim - I have been watching you trying new stuff, which is great, but I worry that more injuries will happen with the experimentation.  Hopefully you get over this most recent one soon.

If I forget, best of luck this weekend, Erika!!

Paul - hopefully the taper is going well, without too much anxiety.  Smile

Hey, Perry, Pam, Amanda, Bugs!

Where's Cash?  Who'd I miss?  (sorry)

theyapper

On the road again...

Paul - hopefully the taper is going well, without too much anxiety.  Smile

Taper is going very well.  So far, I've not turned into a monster and I've noticed a pick-up in my pace.  Of course, this morning's 4 miles felt a little harder than they should have, but I'm not sweating it.  Really, I'm not sweating.  It was 25F.  Brrr.

Paul

3 easy miles this morning

We said goodbye to our dog, JD (aka BeerDog) last night.  She was a good girl, very sweet and loving.  She lived a good life.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

My condolences Lou.

Paul, are you racing Sat or Sun?

theyapper

On the road again...

Lou - sorry to read that.  Our family LOVES our dog, and that goodbye is always tough.

Perry - I race next Saturday, 12/11.  One more week of taper.

MTA: Woo-hoo!!  Erika passed the 2,000 mile tape today!

Paul

evanflein

Hey, thanks, Paul! I forgot about that (really)! We were talking about that just yesterday, that I needed less than 2 miles and today we ran 4. Woohoo! This is the earliest I've ever hit that milestone. Cool.

After a totally nightmarish trip here, I finally made it to Indianapolis yesterday afternoon, over 5 hours after my original arrival time. But we made it, here at the hotel, had a good run this morning (I really needed that) and did some shopping this afternoon. Now for packet pickup and dinner tonight with another guy who posts on the Master's forum on RA. The forecast looks like it's going to be chilly and snowy tomorrow, not ideal but better than rain. Race tomorrow, then dinner and a certain amount of partying... then off to the airport Sunday early to catch my flight to Seattle.