Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/20 - 1/27 2008 (Read 345 times)

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Inertia, wrong kind of cow, impressed you could name one, no prize for you yet. Hint: Good tender steak. .
    You're the holstein queen! I shoulda guessed that first - it rhymes and everything.

Bugs

I ain't no freakin milk cow queen.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

cash - at least you are active and doing something!!! bugs - that's a cute cow!!

Dave

Shan, I do so love to hear engaged people talk Tongue In my last job, I travelled extensively. Sometimes 9 weeks out of 10 and was only home on weekends. For about the last year and half, I haven't had to travel much if at all. Now my wife is asking me when my next trip is coming up Wink In RA terms, time to HTFU and get out there. Another 6.5 for me today. I need to exercise a bit more self control on my "easy" runs. Too many runs in a row above my HR threshold. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow. Hopefully some of these injuries can get healed up and we can actually see some RUN reports.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Ladies and Gentlemen friends of all ages, Let me introduce to you Bugs the Angus Queen! Edited to add: I can't type so good and if that "g" is missing it changes the tone of the post quite a bit.
              Yeah..dont drop that "G" Bugs glad you found a good chiropractor...and got the ok to run Tough night running, but a successful one. Snow on the ground so I had to take to the streets vs the trail for my 6 miler. This conisists of my normal 3 mile neighborhood course+ 4 extra .75 mile loops. I was sooo close to just making it a 3 mile run, but kept doing that damn loop to get my 6 miles in. It was slowish, but I didnt care. It was windy and cold but I got it in. I tell ya--that pace bunny and the need to log good miles on the site is surprisingly good motivation. Shan--once you get out there a couple times in a row, it becomes habit and you'll barely be able to keep yourself off the roads. I forget that from time to time..but am in a good runing place right now. Hope it doesnt sputter out like normally happens towards the end of my marathon training. I feel this time is different. Im not content with just finishing a marathon. I have a solid time goal that I really want to obtain. Getting in the runs tomorrow and Thursday will be toughish. Going to UC/UConn game tomorrow and the Spirit of The Marathon movie Thursday...Anyone else going to see that?--one night only in a bunch of theatres--google marathon movie and it will get you there. My co-workers cousin is one of the featured marathoners.

Bugs

Inertia, you have won a prize, but the safe is closed so I will have to wait till tomorrow. Dgb, Sorry...here is a run report! 9 miles on TM in new neutral shoes. The shoes felt good. The run felt good. A couple of times I had a very weird sensation in my legs like a sock rolling down my ankle. WTH, eth. What's will all this "trouble with motivation" talk. Running is a gift, use the gift.

Bugs

Cashmason

Bugs, My g/f saw me swimming laps today with the goggles on and called me Bug Eyes. I thought of you, just because of your Bugs name, not that you have bug eyes. Did an hour of spin class, then 2 mile brick run, then 1100 yards in the pool. Then a friend I haven't seen in 10 years called, and we went out to dinner. Way cool.

Oh Mighty Wing

darnit i was going to guess angus even before the pict. went up, but only because that's the only cow i officially know the name of! dave - hehe that's funny. My friend said the SAME thing!! She just keeps waiting for a business trip to pop up! Murphy - i bet you won't sputter! your runs all seem very strong. And MAN i commend you on the mini laps they are rough! What's this Spirit of the marathon thing you talk about? I don't have Cable of any kind and miss out on things sometimes. bugs - thank you for the report. 9 on a treadmill is crazy! glad it felt good cash - you are funny!
                      Spirit of Marathon is in theatres for tomorrow only. (edit..looks like they added an encore showing for Feb 24) Have to pre-buytickets. It is a documentary following 4 (i think) people of all abilities training for the 2006 Chicago marathon. www.marathonmovie.com

Bugs

Thanks Murphy! I am going. Emailed my local running friends and they are going too. Well I grew up in cattle country. I had a pet heifer named lady, the tamest animal ever. Could walk out to the pasture and she would come up to me just to spend time with me. Would take her for walks and in the heat of the summer I would give her a cold shower. I use to lay under her, she was that tame. If she was still around I'd take her for a run. Are you veggies, veggies for health reason or moral reasons? -1988 Miss North Dakota Angus Queen Cool

Bugs

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I'm glad I finally gott that right. I've gone through every cow species I know of. dgbn - I've got copntrol issues, too. I always want to hammer out short runs nice and hard. Also, if I've had a few days off for rest, but not enough to lose any fitness, I'll hammer out my first workout back. It's fun to do if I'm not training for somethign specific, but can hurt my next workout or two if I'm marathon training. Bugs -glad you've been cleared to run, glad you seem to have the right shoes, glad you've gotten a sizeable run in with comfort - looks like it's all good. Murphy - what's your time goal for your next race? Did 9 on the TM this morning. I've become a total weather wuss and I can't understand why. When all is said and done, I'm getting the miles in and that's good enough for me. Hills and random program makes it a bit mroe interesting. I'm really looking forward to seeing Spririt of the Marathon tomorrow. I'm going with a few running friends, including Master Yoda who's dropped in here a time or two.
                            Mr I, My goal is going to be 4:30:00 as it stands now. Its pretty agressive seeing how I havent broken 5 hours. But, I also havent properly trained for a marathon since the first one. I was training well going into last years air force marathon-but thats the one I ran as a training run--so I wasnt finished with the proper marathon training..I was on a 4:20:00 pace at the 1/2 way point there, and about 4:40:00 pace through 20. Was at the same pace after 20 in the Pig last year. So breaking 5:00:00 will be nice and all, but I know Im capable of more.

Bugs

Inerita, you're funny. You were determined on that one. Murphy, I think 4:30 is a good goal. You can always adjust before the marathon. How do you non-meat eaters get enough protein? I log my food usually to keep track of calories, but doc says I need to eat more protein. I've been trying, but dam there is only like 9 grams of protein in a snickers. Smile Seriously, how do you do it? How many grams of protein do you think you eat?

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

Bugs - i came back to the meaty side of things because i wasn't getting enough protein. And as you saw on the other thread i apparently am still not with running and lifting. So here are my attempts: 1) meaty sandwich at lunch 2)cottage cheese for a snack (with peaches but that's not the important part) 3) meat with dinner 4) nuts with lunch 5) possibly a protein bar which can take the place of my granola bars (which apparently are crap, but i love them) so that's what i'm going to try and do... i was already doing 1 and 3. Started 4 this week and have already noticed i'm less hungry. Which means i haven't tried 2 because i haven't been hungry once i get home and before dinner. a girlfriend of mine also does Kashi oatmeal in the morning and kashi bars. I might give them a try to. Switch from the old fashioned oats i'm eating now to kashi oats... 5 miles down today!! Legs felt like lead after 4 days of no running... note to self: don't do that again it makes for slug runs!!