Marathon Trainers

Week of 4/26/2010 Last Week of April! (Read 235 times)

evanflein

Come on you guys, it's noon in Alaska on Monday and nobody has started the new weekly! Geez, and I'm not even running today!

Bugs, good approach to learning the bike. A wuss with nothing to prove is bound to have fun and learn a LOT along the way!

Kimmie, way to make that guy work for it! I think he just didn't want to get chicked at the end in front of his team. Heh.

Feeling better, but still just draggy tired. Yesterday was a lot of housework and a 10 mile run that just got harder with each mile. I'm not running today, but will walk my son's transcripts down to Admissions here at lunchtime, good for almost a 1.8 mile round trip I think.

Cashmason

Erika,  Honey,

They don't love you like I do.

Go take a nap,  and I will make  some comfort food.   Chicken noodle soup?  Tomato soup and grilled cheese?

Rest up and we can run in a couple of days......   wink

theyapper

On the road again...

Okay, I'm posting my first run of the week, but for some reason I feel like a third wheel.  

Monday is usually my easy day, but lately I've been trying to run by time and feel, so I'm wearing the Garmin but not checking it a lot as far as pace and HR goes.  I felt great during the 40 minute run, and when I got back I saw my pace was around 9:30/mile.  According to the HR data, it was still aerobic, but the upper end of my easy HR.

Still felt awesome.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

Semi rest day for me. Graston doc worked on my Peroneus Longus. The left ankle would hurt at the start of runs, and the right the day after a run. WTH? Tonight my ankles are all snap crackle pop when I walk. Graston doc runs his half marathon this weekend. His training consisted of 90 days of P90X, 60 days of Insanity DVDs, and running 2 times. He is scared. I told him "just don't poop your pants".

Had  a work social hour of wine and appetizers... think I gained 10 pounds but what a nice little buzz I had go on. Will hit the elliptical and weights when the kids go to bed.

Bugs

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Mowed into the rain. Then decided to skip running. Plus it was lightning and there was a tornado watch, except I thought it might be over. Then I realized I misread the clock and there was more daylight left than I thought, and the lightning had stopped, and even the rain had lightened. So I went and ran after all. Was actually fairly pleasant. Was definitely more enjoyable than racing around with the mower in the rain trying to finish as quickly as possible.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Cashmason

A third wheel helps keep me stable 

Bugs,   if your ankles snap, crackle and pop.....  the obvious answer is to pour milk over them, and have them for breakfast.....

Perry good choice in not mowing in the lightning.

2.5 miles tonight after teaching spin.

Bugs

Cash,

Why no photo? You are a pretty attractive guy, we'd like to see more of you. (oh-no Erika going to kick my ass for flirting with Cash)

Bugs

evanflein

Bugs, you gave the best advice doc could hope for.

Cash, honey, thanks. Grilled cheese and tomato soup sounds wonderful.

We get thunderstorms a lot in late June/July here. The day will be hot and sunny, and by mid-afternoon these big black clouds roll in with heavy rain and rancorous thunder... then it'll clear up and be sunny, steamy and clean smelling into the evening. I love running after a thunderstorm, just such a fresh feel to everything! But yeah, mowing in the rain and lightning is not a good idea.

A nice sunny day here today, we could see 65° this afternoon! I've got errands to do at lunch but planning a run after work, nothing much just a leg stretcher.

theyapper

On the road again...

Did some half mile repeats today.  First time I've done that distance.  Pretty happy about it, and the whole workout totaled just under 5.5 miles.

Paul

Cashmason

Bugs,

Erika has 147 other boyfriends besides me, and her husband.    I think she can deal with a little competition from you.

One of my nicknames in college was Brainiac.    However,  I am not smart  ( or patient)  enough to figure out how to post photo's here.

1 mile run after of eliptical today.   Running two whole days in a row without pain.   Progress !

Kimmie

3 miles on the mill with some weights thrown in.

Ready to get back to it.

theyapper

On the road again...

Mid 60s, no humidity, slight breeze.  Made for a fantastic 50 minute run.

Paul

Oops, been pretty busy.  Forgot to post I ran 7 this morning.  Cautiously optimistic.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Hail to The Victors!

Oops, been pretty busy.  Forgot to post I ran 7 this morning.  Cautiously optimistic.

That's great news, Lou!  Thinking about doing any backup marathons since Boston didn't work out?

10.5 on part trails/part city streets in Ann Arbor.  A little farther than I planned, but a couple of those miles were nasty trails and it was slow going for a bit. 

Talked Corland over at the Swamp into racing Heart of a Spartan 5K in East Lansing on Sunday.  Our 5K PRs are within 2 seconds of each other, so it's going to be an honest to god race.  Looking forward to racing someone I know rather than just 50 other shlubs. 

Cashmason

Yay for Lou !