Marathon Trainers

Week of 5/25 (Read 348 times)

Kimmie

Noticed on FB. it's Pam's birthday today....

Happy BIrthday Rockenmama!!   Hope you enjoy your day.

Lou, you're making me eager to get to Myrtle Beach this weekend.   Hope you all enjoy your time in SC.

Erika- great work on the yard... I can't even imagine having a yard that big.  It's got to  be so pretty-  you have to post pictures.

Probably no running for me today-  Darby's sick with strep-  I think I may have it too.  How do you know if it's strep?  I just have a slight sore throat.  Anyways- I'm home with her and if Greg gets home in time, I may sneak out for a run in the rain, we'll see.

Good day all..... my goal this year is to run strong enough to make in to the weekly summary.  Smile

Dave

Good day all..... my goal this year is to run strong enough to make in to the weekly summary.  Smile

Jellyfish and Bugs got mentioned in that weekly summary and they don't even log their miles anymore!  What's with the a-hole who writes those things? 

Hope it isn't strep.  Our clinic has a quick culture test that will tell you.

Happy Birthday, Pam!  

4.5 for me on the treadmill.  Wish I liked running on the treadmill more than I do but it was raining pretty hard today.  Trying to get my running back on track.  4 days in a row. 

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Kimmie

What's with the a-hole who writes those things? 

You know I love ya Dave!  

I think with strep you have a really bad sore throat, but you also feel really awful -- hopefully that is not what's coming on, Kim.  But if it is the antibiotics can take care of it in a couple of days, if I remember correctly.

I did some reconfiguring and now our network is working a lot better.  Whew -- it would have been a tough week with slow internet. 

Happy birthday, Pam!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Happy Camper

Happy Birthday Pam!

Sciatic nerve is really flaring up today. It is hard to walk.  Started Sunday.  I rested Monday then ran 10-miles this morning.  Bad move on my part.  It was almost funny, limping in to the PT Clinic to have my shoulder worked on again.  Don't know how I can fix this one.  Continued ibuprofen and purchased another stick.  LRS only had the red and the yellow handles so I went with the red.  Stiffer and smaller than the gray handled one the TSA seized from me. 

Time to shoot the stupid Facebook question.  I now have friend requests from Europeans.  I don't mind adding them to the list or mafia wars but is there anything I should watch out for.  ( I mean besides the fact that one of the requests is  from an alleged 20 year old blonde female from Norway)

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Dave

besides the fact that one of the requests is  from an alleged 20 year old blonde female from Norway)

Better send me those pesky Norwegian friends.  I'll make sure she's they're on the up and up.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

Nice report, Dave, but you made me having more mileage than you sound like a rash.  How'd you know??  

I ran a 5k this past Saturday on a whim and did okay.  Not a PR, but it was the first fast running I've done in well over 4 months, so I was just happy I didn't die.  I finish my 3 month LHR training this week, so hopefully I can increase my mileage some in the weeks to come.  It'll be nice to increase my easy pace a bit.

Ran an easy 3.5 today.  Looks like I'm a bit behind you, Dave, so it's good to see the rash is clearing up.  

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Bugs

Happy Birthday Pam!!!

My graston doc was sick so I saw my backup guy. I said, "there is a stiffness in my hamstring, it's not moving right." He didn't want to work on it, but then I got persistant that he do a graston scan on it and he found lots of restictions. DUH! Then he didn't want to do the other hamstring, and I made him, yup that one had crap in too. I don't have time for doctors that try to get me to re-book. He should trust that I'll banged myself up and be back if he good at fixing stuff. You could draw a line where I had body damage from the inner calves into the hamstrings. Stupid doctors.

A friend of ours, just 37, found out he has terminal cancer, had cancer three years ago and they didn't catch it all. Probably has less than six months to live without agressive treatment, and that is what he is choosing. Hard to understand, but makes you appreciate what you've got.

Bugs

So sad, Bugs -- so young.

evanflein

Very sad, Bugs. Indeed it makes you appreciate what you have. Makes some of the smaller aches and whines a little trivial, ya know?

Pace!!! Watch out for that sciatic nerve stuff. You do know that's what pulled me out of Boston, right? Sorry, but if it's sciatica The Stick won't do a thing for it. You've got to figure out the cause (they can be many!) and tackle it that way. I'm just getting back into running after 3 weeks off. Still doing my flex/PT exercises and probably always will now.

I posted some cute pictures of my pets on the Master's forum. Also details of my running with DH. If you want to read it, check this out. http://www.runningahead.com/groups/MastRun/Forum/Post/828ceaa685754086b33cd078e57c709c#focus

Pace - I, too, am being looked at for sciatica.  Your ortho will be able to tell what's going on, or he may have to order an MRI (I get mine next week).  I've been there before (unable to walk), so I understand how disheartening it can be.

Erika!  Wonderful pictures of your pets!  Beer Dog and Beer Cat get along famously as well, except sometimes when she tries to dance the "kittie-cat stomp" (not often).

I could get used to sleeping in.

Happy Camper

Erika & Lou:  What are you able to do for a workout with it.  So far it only feels okay if I am lying down.  I can't think of much I will be able to do.  It is slightly better this morning.  Biggest problem I have is that I have to sit to drive and that seems to be bad for it.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Kimmie

Sorry to hear about your friend . Bugs.  It does make you appreciate the important things in life.

Pace, what a bummer about your sciatica.  I hope it gets resolved quickly!   I have to believe that your fitness and strength are an asset to getting better when things go wrong.

Erika- love those pictures.  this is going to sound like a dumb question... but what's it like sleeping when the sun is up?   I would love to go to Alaska some day.  And keep it up with your DH.  I sure wish mine wanted to run.

Lou- glad you're having a good time.  3 more days before we go to Myrtle Beach... my body is not bikini ready, but oh well.

Not sure what I'm running today...  I am kind of enjoying no schedule until I start training for the Fall marathon.

theyapper

On the road again...

Bugs, so sorry to read that news.  Wow...37.

Nice to get my run in before it gets too hot and humid.  Wait, it's already 100% humidity.    4.1 miles.

Have an awesome day, everyone!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Pace - I'm lucky as I've been able to train through this so far -- I am only having foot numbness now, so mine is relatively minor.  A while back (12 years), I had it worse and had to stop playing soccer for a while -- but my issue was surgical at the time.  Your ortho will figure out what is going on and be able to fix it, no doubt.  I think most of these problems are fixed without surgery, so don't dispair.

Key is to let the inflammation go down, so the swelling nerve doesn't keep irritating itself.  Until you see the ortho, I'd suggest ibuprofen and keeping from whatever hurts as much as possible.