Marathon Trainers

Week of 6/28/2010 (Read 199 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Tired and sore, and not running until evening. Just thought I'd start this for once.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

theyapper

On the road again...

I'm tired and sore and may not run at all.  Just thought I'd reply.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Cashmason

I am not tired or sore,  and still may not run.

Teach cycle yes.   Golf tomorrow,  so sore and tired after running may not be the wisest choice.

I'm tired but  NOT sore which surprises me. I banged up my knee really good yesterday and iced it really good. My whole knee cap is black and blue with a tiny scrape. It's sore to touch but that's about it *knock on wood* . Ran this morning and would like to run again today if I get a chance. I'll probably be sore tomorrow cause I'm supposed to lift tonight as well.

Enjoy cyle today and golf tomorrow Cash!  

Enjoy your day off (if that's what you do) Paul

Good morning Perry Enjoy your evening run.

Good morning to everyone! Got lots of trail running done this weekend. The guys I ran with picked a local trail race to squish in during our 6 hours of running. I tried to tell them that it was very technical (LOTS of roots and rocks). Well one of them ended up banging up his knee really good so who knows how long that will take to heal. Tom and I managed to get 5 and a half hours in. Surprising cause Tom's in his 60's and had done 28 miles the day before. He's going to do awesome at the Lone Ranger 24 hour race. Anyway hope everyone had a great weekend!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

originally posted this in the wrong thread...

Gonna get 4 miles in at lunch. Hopefully my back will hold out. Rested it this weekend sort-of. Did lots of yard work. Typical weekend. Put some lbs back on, have to work it off the rest of the week. Most of my pants look like clown pants now. I may need to go down a waist size.

Hi!

I haven't been following, but maybe will be able to again soon.

3 easy miles this morning, but my legs were very tired so they weren't really "easy" at all.  Yesterday's run took a lot out of me, even tho I only ran 9.  But it was starting to get pretty warm so I'd cut it short.  Seems like I did the right thing, given how I felt this morning...

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

evanflein

Yard work isn't really taking it easy on your back, Murphy. Just thought I'd mention that. And good for you on the weight loss! New pants makes it seem more "real" somehow. I'd go shopping.

Hey Lou! Nice to see you here. And yes, sounds like you needed to cut it short yesterday. You've been under a lot of work stress lately, and that's bound to affect your running.

I tripped over one of those concrete things in the parking lot on Saturday (don't know what they're called...) walking around the front of our truck with a big bag of groceries. Caught my right foot on it and down I went on my knee. I said naughty words, then said some more when I realized the bag was the one with the eggs. Grrr. Got a nice scrape and bruise on my knee but seems to be just surface stuff. I ran 8.3 on Saturday morning, and 16.5 on Sunday mid-day for 47.7 for the week. Nice to have a good week of running so I can cutback a bit this week. I think I'll start by taking today off.

Yeah, I realized that. Ran 3 miles on the tm at lunch. Back felt fine. legs are real strong. It just stiffens up sitting at my desk. I'm itching to get a nice easy long run in..hopefully this weekend. The plan is 3-4 miles every day at lunch and then 4-6 miles in the evening 2-3 times this week after Ava goes to sleep--and then if Im feeling OK to go long on Sunday.

I'll get some new pants this weekend.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Ran tonight with a friend and his daughter, who is back from college. He's warned me that her easy stuff gets out of control (ie, creeps up to fast). Indeed, the first 2 miles, which were supposed to be fast warmup, were at 6:30 and 5:55. I was beat after that, but she did 2 miles hard, so I joined for every other lap, and spent the alternate laps standing and panting and recovering, to get a set of 4 good quarters in, after that hard "warmup". Now I'm tired, but I'm pleased to have accomplished the hardest speedwork I've done in a while.

theyapper

On the road again...

Man, Perry, those are some fast warmup laps.

I did go out and get in a 40 minute run tonight.  Of course, it was 85F, so my easy run felt easy, but the HR was a bit higher than I'd like.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Yeah, I think we're getting all conditioned for August Smile

Back feels more like its normally generally aching self. Really looking forward to running outside at lunch today. My weight is stil up a few pounds since the weigh in. Will be a challenge to be down for the Friday weigh in. May give up my lead for a week--but while others are partaking in 4th of July eating, I will be running and eating fairly healthy and drinking water.

Poor Ava has pink eye and a double ear infection and ruptured an eardrum. The kid does not complain. We had no idea on the ear infection..never tugged the ears, and hasnt fussed at all. Daycare was very surprised as well. So, she'll get the tubes in finally next week. Mommy staying home with her today.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Avoiding the feasting for 4th should give you a good edge, I'd think -- and I hope your daughter feels better.

4 Miles. felt like going more. Im starting to worry about how good my legs feel. May get out tonight depending on the little one.

Bugs

the first 2 miles, which were supposed to be fast warmup, were at 6:30 and 5:55.

So when I first read that I was thinking 6:30 a.m..

Worked all day and night, thought about skipping run, ran 8 with 5 hill repeats. Glad I got it in the books.

Bugs