Marathon Trainers

Week of 1/26 (Read 314 times)

run before dawn???
    ayup Erika -- "run before dinner"? Please... Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Kimmie

5 miles on the treadmill.... sorry Bugs, I did not do the 5K. That was cool last time.
      Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Got laid off today. Sad
        Kimmie

oh Mr.I!!! I'm so sorry to hear that. Try not to worry. I know that's easy for me to say. DH and I have been through this before and it's tough. Please hang in there and keep checking in with us.

Oh Mighty Wing

OH NO Mr. I!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so sorry!!!

Hail to The Victors!

Got laid off today. Sad
              Oh man. Hang in there, buddy!

Bugs

Kim, You still can if you want. It's a three day race, but it's less race. The goal is to do this 3.1 route once a month and see how much I can bring that time down over the year. The cool part for me is that this fast guy is wiling to run with me. He lets me take the lead, passes me then I pace off of him. Inertia, I'm so sorry. I've seen so many "D-Day's" and I still don't know what to say. I hope you took your stapler. Becareful not to overdue the running with the extra time, i know a runner who just did that and now is injured. Man this economy sucks, and the news just makes is worse.

Bugs

Cashmason

Mr I. So sorry to hear that. About 1/3 of my friends have gone through that in the last 3 months. This is a crummy economy. Dad used to quote the bible "This too shall pass". I know that doesnt help much to hear now. Best wishes to you. Half hour of weights then 5k in 24:26 7:53 pace for Lou. Started out easy and picked it up each mile. Last mile at 6 :40 pace which is cranking for me. Erika, I still love you, just the way you are. Hugs.
                    Mr I, so sorry to hear your news, these are tough times. I hope something comes your way soon. I know too many going through this now. Bugs - I have no speed at all planned, but will be happy to log some 5K here in the next few days. Cash - for me? If that was a challenge, you have me beat -- see above. I think Dave will kick both our butts anyway. MTA: Oh! Because of the metrics. Brain not working too well at this hour. heh Dave - I'm guessing your pretty busy at work these days. MLR planned -- hopefully the streets aren't too icy.

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

Thanks guys. I haven't been happy there for some time and it wasn't unexpected so, while it hurts, could certainly be worse. The good news: I've already paid for my next two races plus Bayshore I'll be able to be a little more social I've got time to train my ass off

Oh Mighty Wing

WRFB - walked the dog and didn't even crack through the ice/snow in the yard. Sucks. Hope you are safe out there!
                          Thanks, Shan. The main roads were generally clear, but the cul-de-sacs were icy. I ran as carefully as I could, trying to change direction on the dry spots. As it was I feel lucky I fell only once, hard on my right elbow and left knee. I'm ok, though -- nothing broken but my pride Smile 13.2 miles, 1:56:21, 8:50/mi, AHR 145. This was progression with targets MP+20%, MP+15%, MP+10%, but I ran a little faster than that.

Oh Mighty Wing

pride schmide look at that awesome run!!!! Seriously though I'm glad you did not hurt yourself!

Hail to The Victors!

The good news: I've already paid for my next two races plus Bayshore I'll be able to be a little more social I've got time to train my ass off
                              See, now that's looking at the bright side of things! I have to admit that the last had definitely occurred to me, but I wasn't sure how it would go if I mentioned that up front. :-)

Oh Mighty Wing

Mr I - glad there is a bright side!!! I'm glad it involves us seeing a little more of you! Wink 3 this morning. I'm getting better at the dreadmill. DAVE - ARE YOU OUT THERE????? WHAT IS GOING ON????? ARE YOU OK?????