Marathon Trainers

Week of 3-30 (Read 351 times)

evanflein

60 minutes of pool running tonight. Saw a gal I went to high school with there, our boys played soccer together awhile ago. She was swimming because it was the only thing she could do since she broke her tailbone a month ago. Opened the door of her car, pulled it open and her feet just slipped out from under her and under the car. She fell hard on the ice on her butt and broke her coccyx. Ouch. Makes my aches and pains seem pretty trivial.
      Ouch! I know someone else who broke her coccyx skiing. Seems to be going around. For whatever reason, I keep thinking "she's got her butt in a sling", but I suppose that's not funny. PDR had a work call last night and didn't get to sleep until 1am, poor thing. I wonder if she'll be running today? She's still asleep now so I guess maybe not.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Cashmason

Nice to let PDR get some sleep. Some things are more important than running. Bugs, hope what ever the doc gives you makes you feel better. Lou, I have lost 11 pounds in 2009 so about a pound per week, but it plateaus for a while then drops again. Erika, I sorta know how you feel. I love to run, but something like 60 percent of all runners miss at least a week of training each year due to injury. Sometimes a lot more than a week. Plus for me, even running got stale after a while. That is why I turned to triathlon. Something else to do physically that was not running. Not really a good choice in your state though, as cycling in bad weather sucks more than running in bad weather. 9 miles tonight on the treadmill after weights. 119 miles for the month running. One of my better months in the last year.
          Geez, you stay up late. I went out thinking 8:20's would be fine, but ended up at about MP (or at least MP in my dreams). 8.1 miles, 1:04:34, 7:59/mi, AHR 150 (77% MHR)
          I have lost 11 pounds in 2009 so about a pound per week, but it plateaus for a while then drops again.
          As you might imagine, I have metrics Smile. This is from 2002 when I lost the 20 lbs. Yeah, I was counting calories for everything I put in my mouth.

Dave

N E R D S !!!! No running for me yesterday. Will try to squeeze some in today.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

theyapper

On the road again...

tyap, good job on the 100+ miles for the month. You are right on track for a great fall marathon. It's your first right?
              Yep, Richmond will be my marathon debut. I'm already pretty pumped about it, seems a long ways off, though. Of course, that just gives me 6 more months of lots of easy running. My plan is to go into that race with around 1600 miles under my belt. I'm right on schedule. Hey Murph - 80 miles since March 14? That's great.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Oh Mighty Wing

you people sure are busy running.
                  Are you actually tapering for this next one Shan? I think you will kill it with rested legs.

Oh Mighty Wing

Are you actually tapering for this next one Shan? I think you will kill it with rested legs.
                    haha no, no taper. I'm still running. MTA: I just realized the report page shows my mileage still - i'm guessing you looked there. I saw I was beating the 2000 mile pace bunny and got scared. Wink
                    Kimmie

Hey Shan, What's the jellyfish #1430 in your signature now? Is that Marathon Maniacs nickname and #? just guessing.... what's this weekend for you? Looks like there's some good running going on here. Erika- keep up that pool running, it sounds awesome. I just got a client onto that who's been having some knee issues and she loves it. I haven't done it before, mostly because I don't belong to a club that has a pool and when I'm with my kids at the pool in the summer, we're just goofing around and I have to watch the little one. But I do want to try it someday soon. Lou- Glad to know that PDR is not always PDR... Smile I need to know that you people occasionally sleep in. Smile It makes me feel better about myself. Cash- can you help me lose weight? What am i supposed to do? count calories? I'm at my heaviest right now- not counting post prego times- I've never had to count calories but I may have to start. Paul-I need to decide between Richmond and Marine Corps. I really love the local thing, but I just ran Marine Corps last year. Murphy- how are you feeling? Dave- are you having the post marathon let down I don't want to run thing? Or are you busy? Or just taking a break? I'm trying to decide whether or not I'm going to the Cherry Blossom 10 miler this Sunday. I feel out of shape still. I should go and just have fun with it. We'll see.

Oh Mighty Wing

My friend nicknamed me JellyFish and after much thought I decided I liked it. JellyFish are beautiful and unsuspecting but when you get to know them better they are MFBA!!!! Big grin and yes 1430 is my marathon maniac number Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin on tap this weekend is Golden Gate Headlands in San Fran. It's a trail race and I have to carry my own water. I just want to finish smiling. Then next 2 weekends are SanFran trail races and just for fun. I think i'm gonna carry a camera even!!!
                          Shan, I noticed your log was hidden, thought maybe you felt compelled to do that during a taper of some sort. Meant to congratulate you on Maniac status. I think you will go up a level with your upcoming marathon? Looks like you got an official Shamrock time. Kim, Im feeling very good. Its a nice day out, I should be able to knock out a long run. Have 8 on the schedule, but Im thinking maybe 13 today since its so nice, and the shorter run tomorrow. Noticed the Athens marathon is Sunday--and its kinda driveable..considered it briefly--but Im gonna pass.

Oh Mighty Wing

oh haha nah it was just too much pressure and it was either stop posting or hide my stuff so I can run in silence for a while. So I'm hiding my log while I get it where I want to get it and do what I want to do. This way hopefully people will stop paying me too much mind in the other forums. Thanks!!!!! I think I will go up a level after this week, and the following couple of weeks after that if I keep racing... I think anyway. (yes ERIKA I'll be careful!) And yes I finally got a time for Shamrock. haha I had to sent the MM's a picture of my bib and medal to prove I ran it. LOL
                              Shan - you're a true MM. I was going to try to gain that status by running two in 16 days, the easiest way to do it yet somehow I still haven't done it. You are just ... nuts, so definitely deserve it. Are you at platinum level yet? Big grin

Oh Mighty Wing

Blush aww stop... I just run... I found something I love to do and so I do it... it's that simple. I'm no more special than the rest of you guys - and you all are pretty darn special in my book!!