Marathon Trainers

Week of 3-30 (Read 351 times)

Congrats on your MM Status SHan. Good luck this weekend. I'm pacing a friend of mine this weekend in a 10 mile race. It's a somewhat difficult course so I told her NO hills this week until race day. So what do we run today??? Rolling hills. If hills wasn't bad enough the first 5 miles we had a MAJOR head wind. Nothing like going up a steep hill with the wind trying to push you backwards. Anyway got our 10 mile run done. Last half was much nicer than the first half. I'm just glad it wasn't raining cause I wasn't dressed for it. Oh and I grabbed my 2110s to wear today. Not sure what made me look at the bottoms of them but I sure glad I did. whatcha think? Photobucket Needless to say I didn't wear them lol. Now I know why my legs have been feeling the way they have the past few runs.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Dave

I'm not sure how much of a letdown I've had. I took a recovery week. This week is shaping up much better. Got 7 miles in today including about 3 miles of trail running. It was a fantastic run. Pace was just right (8:42). I'm still not sure what I want to do about future races. I'm still kicking the idea of Frederick around because if I don't run that one, I'm probably waiting until the fall and I may be out of shape. Who know.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Oh Mighty Wing

Thanks Pam! I can't wait to get home and see the bottom of your shoes (can't see the pict at work! haha)! Dave - let me know if you do frederick - i'm still kicking around ideas for May 3rd.
          Thanks Pam! I can't wait to get home and see the bottom of your shoes (can't see the pict at work! haha)! Dave - let me know if you do frederick - i'm still kicking around ideas for May 3rd.
          The PIG!!

Hail to The Victors!

Nice work, Pam. They look pretty hardcore. I tend to break down before the shoes do (at least that much), so I've never destroyed shoes that way! Repeat miles on the track today, 5x1600 @ 10K pace. Supposed to be at LT pace, but ended up faster. The wind was a big factor and I just couldn't hold a pace worth a damn. Or it's the spirits of Ferry Field (where I ran). Seems like I always run fast on that track.
            Kimmie

As I said on FB, that sounds so cool Jeremy. I also agree that I've never destroyed shoes like that Pam. I forgot to write that when I was running in Massanutten this past weekend, the "hills" ( I like to call them mountains) were kicking my butt. However, I actually thought of you and how much you run hills and I thought, well Pam isn't called rocken for nothing. went into the gym in a bad mood- I'll spare you the details- left two hours later with a much better mood going on. Ran hard on the treadmill for 4.5 miles. Hopefully I won't be too sore from it in the next few days. I think I've decided to run the cherry blossom 10 miler on Sunday. i MAY decide to pace a friend or I MAY try to go for a faster time. We'll see.

Hail to The Victors!

went into the gym in a bad mood- I'll spare you the details- left two hours later with a much better mood going on. Ran hard on the treadmill for 4.5 miles. Hopefully I won't be too sore from it in the next few days.
                Running is nice and cathartic like that. I've gone on lunch runs absolutely furious hammered out a nice tempo run, ended up in a much better mood afterward. Running fast makes things all better.

Happy Camper

Reading all of these posts I'm suddenly feeling race deficient. Sad Nice work everyone! Pull ups and 8-miles this morning. 8-miles this evening. Rainy and cold tomorrow. Angry

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

Bugs

Pam, Looks like the termites been eating those shoes. Mine look new still when they loose their cushioning. Drives DH nuts that I buy so many when he thinks they are just fine. Shan, Congrats on the MM status. I don't know what to say about all this racing. I really hope you don't get hurt, and I'd lecture you about it but you'd just wave and keep on going so I'll just say, "Wow I've never seen anybody pull that off before, cool." P2R, Don't feel bad. I have not raced since my marathon last October. Nice to save the cash isn't it? 9 mile run today. 50 minutes of it doing hill circuits. The medicine seems to really be helping but hard on the tummy.

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

nice runs today people!!! EVERYONE - thank you all for your constant concern. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!

Bugs

nice runs today people!!! EVERYONE - thank you all for your constant concern. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
                        Who the hell is JellyFish? Big grin

Bugs

Oh Mighty Wing

MMMMMEEEEEE!!!!!!! I decided I wanted a nickname... one got thrown out and after much thought I decided I liked it!!!
                            I've had shoes get to that point. Ran marathons a couple of times in them. I may still have them. If I can find them I'll take a pic. Oh, 16 miles tonight. Steady pace (accounting for the hilliness of miles 13-16).

Bugs

MMMMMEEEEEE!!!!!!! I decided I wanted a nickname... one got thrown out and after much thought I decided I liked it!!!
                              I knew it was you. I was teasing. You got all these different names in races, now all these different logins. I think maybe you got a multiple personality disorder. Do me a favor and don't bring back Shan that thinks three miles is a long run. Smile Murphy, holly crap. That's a freakin long ways for a Wed.

Bugs

evanflein

Murphy, holly crap. That's a freakin long ways for a Wed.
                                That's what I was thinking. You haven't joined the ranks of the unemployed have you?? Or wait, you've got your own business, right? Something like that. Most I've ever done on a Wednesday is 12, and that was in the summer on a "non-soccer" evening. Bugs, I share your concern for Shan/jellygirl. She just thinks we're being cute, but I really don't think she's got the base to handle this much running stress this soon and something's gonna give. Maybe not this week, or month. But good grief girl, you'll only be able to play the "indestructible youth" card for so long. Please take care. Time to go shoe shopping, Pam! 10.6 miles on the treadmill tonight, too icy and windy to run outside, IMO. Sort of a progressive run, with the first 2 miles @ 8:49, next 3 @ 8:34, next 5 @ 8:20 and last .6 at 8:13. Felt pretty good, but I'm icing my foot tonight just to be sure it doesn't flare up tomorrow.