Marathon Trainers

Week of 3-30 (Read 351 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

You are exactly right. There are tons of factors that contribute to how many races you can do and where. This is why I am very careful about encouraging others and I would never say to go out and do it. I think it is awesome that you guys race as much as you do with everything else going on in your lives. Really I admire you all for getting out there every day and putting in the miles you do.
      The only other thing I'd be doing at that time is sleeping, which is highly overrated. Tongue

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Dave

oh ok. (please read above, bleow, and in between the lines on things i'm not going to say because it would be a waste of finger energy) Tongue Big grin Evil grin
        <translation> We both know you run too many of your runs fast so I'm not going to bother saying it. Mostly because I am so sick of people giving me advice that I could go postal any minute and it would look bad if I gave any to anyone else. But you need more easy miles. You do too much speed work. You're risking injury at your advanced age. You should be more consistent. Your diet probably sucks too. And run more. </translation> Big grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

I had no idea, but I think you hit the mark Big grin

Kimmie

advanced age?? how old are you?
              Ha, Dave has to be careful because of his advanced age. I wonder what that means for me? Cool

Cashmason

Lou, You make/ drink beer. Beer has alcohol. Alcohol preserves things. Therefore your real age is about 22. Same goes for Erika and her wine. I only have whine, so dont think that applies to me. That is my man logic for the day.

Happy Camper

Doubles again. 8 this morning, 11 this evening. Rack'em!

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.

was looking like another day off. But our dinner plans were cancelled so I think I'll get a few in...maybe on the indoor track./the weather looks foreboding.

Bugs

There is a race in town tomorrow, but I don't have time because I'm going to be getting my haircut. How bad is that?

Bugs

eh..you dont have to run every race. Ran 4 miles at the Y.

Bugs

It takes an act of congress for me to get permission to run a race these days and my hair really is crap lately. I have to say though, Shan's Marathon Maniac stuff looked pretty cool and I'm rethinking things. There is a marathon in IA about two hours away (U of Okoboji Marathon) July 18th.

Bugs

Cashmason

Went to a party at the local Aquarium after it closed to the public. Lots and lots of Jellyfish. Red ones, Purple ones, Huge white ones, little tiny white ones. All in their own tanks. Oh and sharks, and eels, and sea horses. Also behind the scenes tour, including baby sharks still in their egg sacks, and newly arrived fish in quarantine. ( To make sure they are healthy before they put them in the main tanks with the other fish). Swim lesson tomorrow with a top female pro triathlete in San Diego, followed by a 5 hour Opera in LA later tomorrow night. One of my spin students said I should be well rested for teaching spin Sunday morning ( He thinks I am gonna sleep thru the Opera). Yes this is THE Opera everyone thinks about when they say its not over till the fat lady sings.

Oh Mighty Wing

Dave - thank you! I needed that!!! It's 2:56am (East Coast Time) which is awesome cause I'm on the West Coast where it is 12am. I finally found a hotel after the nice police man informed me I failed to stop at a red light - thankfully he decided I needed directions more than I needed a ticket. The flight was fantastic - the woman next to me changed seats with another woman - so I sat next to mom and her 2 year old, and a 15 yr old boy... for 5.5 hours... it was great - I slept once the tot slept - now i'm wide awake. 7 hrs till I need to be up and 9 hr's till go time!!! SWEET!!!!

Happy Camper

Awesome JF! Love the new name because I can abbreviate it! Hope you are taking pictures because I am looking forward to seeing some! No core workout for me this morning. I am up early to run with the group for the first time in months. I am going down to get some pregroup miles in so I don't have to run as long after the main group run is over. Cash: Opera. I must have that look on my face now that I see on some other's faces when I tell them I have to pay money to do some of the runs I do.

Determination: The feeling you get right before you try something incredibly stupid.