Connecticut Runners

hug your kids (Read 76 times)

I'm angry. I'm sad. I can't wait to hug my kids tonight. Nothing much else to say. Senseless waste in Sandy Hook.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
    mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

We're thinking the same thing at the same time, Kevin.  I'm sure it will come out that some here know someone directly affected by this. My deepest condolences to those that do.  Today just seems to get darker as the hours go on.

Run Like a Mother

My husband has a childhood friend who lives in Newtown and we just can't remember how old their youngest child is and if she was at the school.  We think she was around 10 or 11 y.o. so she wouldn't be, but we just don't remember if she was younger.

Linda

I'm finding it impossible to work. Came on here because didn't know how else to vent.

My SIL's family live in Sandy Hook. Kids go to St. Rose - nephew is in kindergarten (she was able to pick him up around 1pm once lockdown lifted), so went to preschool with about half the class there at SHE.

Dammit.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
          We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
          mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

I'm finding it impossible to work.  

Me too.  My nieces are in another school close by as well (I think my SIL said 1/2 mile away? Sorry, don't remember the school name).  They too are fine, and home now. It was several scary and worrisome hours for her until they were reunited.  They're about the same age as some of the older kids at that school.  Kevin, my thoughts & prayers go out to your nephew & family.

Run Like a Mother

Goodness you guys, I'm glad your families are ok.  I talked to my husband when he got home and we're pretty confident that our friend's kids were all a bit older and couldn't have still gone to this school.  We think the youngest was at least 11.

Linda

delicate flower

My cousin was friends with the principal.  She is heartbroken.  Undecided

Definitely a tough weekend here in Connecticut.  So senseless and tragic.  *sigh* 

<3