Connecticut Runners

Old Wethersfield 10K (Read 8 times)

yond

It seems there are many good runners out there in yesterday's Old Wethersfield 10K.

I finished 37:09, not bad for me with a PR of 1:27 in less than 6months.  I compared the results from 2013 and 2012, there must be something different.  My time could be 2nd in 2012 and 6th in 2013, while it was 23rd this year.  It seems this race is becoming more and more popular.

delicate flower

Wow, hell of a race, yond!  Great job on the awesome time and big PR!

Yesterday's race was a USATF 10K championship race, so a lot of fast runners turned out.  It was a big field.  The race usually has 450 or so but yesterday had over 600.

I ran 42:52, which was a 24 second PR.  I was hoping to run a little faster but I'll take it in the middle of marathon training.

<3

Great job guys. Some good solid PRs there.

Some familiar names up near the top - especially Will Sanders - no surprise him winning there, same with Hixson as masters champ.

And you had decent weather for mid-late August (a little humid, but definitely cool). Looks like it was a great race. Congrats.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
        yond

Congratulate to your new PR.

I heard the organizer mentioned that before the race start. Does it mean this is the USATF 10K championship race every year or just this year?

Wow, hell of a race, yond!  Great job on the awesome time and big PR!

Yesterday's race was a USATF 10K championship race, so a lot of fast runners turned out.  It was a big field.  The race usually has 450 or so but yesterday had over 600.

I ran 42:52, which was a 24 second PR.  I was hoping to run a little faster but I'll take it in the middle of marathon training.

yond

You should run this race too,

Great job guys. Some good solid PRs there.

Some familiar names up near the top - especially Will Sanders - no surprise him winning there, same with Hixson as masters champ.

And you had decent weather for mid-late August (a little humid, but definitely cool). Looks like it was a great race. Congrats.

delicate flower

Congratulate to your new PR.

I heard the organizer mentioned that before the race start. Does it mean this is the USATF 10K championship race every year or just this year?

I don't know if it'll be every year.  Of the four times I've done this race, yesterday was the first time it was a USATF series race.  I think those races vary every year.  The Hogsback HM that is coming up is this year's Connecticut half marathon championship so I'd expect to see an unusually fast field for that one too (I'm skipping it this year due to a tight schedule).

<3

yond

Thanks for the info. I was considering running that race too, but finally decided to skip that and will do the Boston 13.1, which is on Sep 14th.  Which marathon are you preparing for?  I will do the Baystate on Oct 19th.

I don't know if it'll be every year.  Of the four times I've done this race, yesterday was the first time it was a USATF series race.  I think those races vary every year.  The Hogsback HM that is coming up is this year's Connecticut half marathon championship so I'd expect to see an unusually fast field for that one too (I'm skipping it this year due to a tight schedule).

delicate flower

Thanks for the info. I was considering running that race too, but finally decided to skip that and will do the Boston 13.1, which is on Sep 14th.  Which marathon are you preparing for?  I will do the Baystate on Oct 19th.

Cool...have fun at the Boston race!  That sounds like a fun one.  I'm doing the Gulf Beach HM on Sept 13.  Fast course.  I'm training for the Philadelphia Marathon Nov 23.

<3

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

The USATF-CT thing is a two-year gig, and each race has to bid on it to the USATF-CT directors.

Typically they approve one race per year at each "popular" distance.  It's a bit of added expense for the race, between bid and timing costs, but it also increases turnout, and as you saw, brings a lot of fast runners in.  So, for next year, expect to see similar times and # of racers again in Wethersfield.