Connecticut Runners

Introduce yourself to the group! (Read 463 times)

Hello All - Checking in from down in Newtown. Sully - how long is the Chesire trail? From the link it looks like maybe a 5.1 mile section and a 2.9 mile section for 8 miles? Is that right or is more complete nowadays? I too am training for NYC in Nov and would LOVE to get some non-hilly, non-traffic miles in.
    2010 Goals: Danbury Half Marathon: <1:42:00; boston="" run="" to="" remember:=""></1:42:00;><1:42:00; nyc="" marathon:=""></1:42:00;><3:45:00; finish: run amuck and warrior dash! finish:="" run="" amuck="" and="" warrior=""></3:45:00; finish: run amuck and warrior dash!>

My legs are killing me

I've done 6 miles out and back for 12 but I know a guy who starts from the Hamden side and gets 20 miles in.
        hey everyone, checking in from bethel... Im getting ready for the newtown road race 5k aug 30th... anyone else running this? Im also training for the hartford half marathon, and hopefully the '09 nyc marathon if i get in the lottery. not looking foward to this winter.. i have no gym membership running outside will be tough!
        http://www.climbingamerica.blogspot.com
          Glastonbury's in the house (or in the forum?). Running for a few years. Currently training for the Hartford Half in October.
            New Haven here. You should all come down for the Labor Day Road Race next Monday!! http://www.newhavenroadrace.org/
              roccapriore where in the area do you run? I am looking for some new routes for my semi-regular running group to try.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

I live in the Morris Cove / East Shore area (right off Exit 50 on 95N).. so that's where I run. I usually go through East Shore park, down to Lighthouse Point, then around the airport.. if I'm going on a longer run I'll take the shore line area into East Haven. I cracked a rib a few weeks ago.. so that has put quite the damper on my running.. but I'm going to show up at the road race on Monday and hope for the best. I'll be the guy clutching his side for most of the race.

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

roc I hope your healed enough for a race! good luck!
                  -Jen
                  2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!
                    New Haven here. You should all come down for the Labor Day Road Race next Monday!! http://www.newhavenroadrace.org/
                    Are you a New Haven 20K "verteran"? ANy parking/navigation tips for us newbies to the race?
                    2010 Goals: Danbury Half Marathon: <1:42:00; boston="" run="" to="" remember:=""></1:42:00;><1:42:00; nyc="" marathon:=""></1:42:00;><3:45:00; finish: run amuck and warrior dash! finish:="" run="" amuck="" and="" warrior=""></3:45:00; finish: run amuck and warrior dash!>
                    AlexaCT

Hi everyone!

I'm in Wilton and I'm a new runner.  C25K graduate, working on C210K now, with the goal of a HM in May (Brooklyn Half, if I can get in).

I'm looking for advice and possibly a local running buddy!

Jennicap: so nice to see you on here!! Its been a while since the Tribe!

I can and I will!

BradyS71

Fast Penquin

Hey all not sure how active this sub group is but I am from Colchester and work in Simsbury.  I run at work on the weekdays (AM) and at home on teh weekends (Airline Trail).  Just finished the HArtford Half and the Manchester Road Race.  Hope people check in.

Tick: I'm sure millions of viewers out there are just wondering what it's like to wear the tights of justice. Well, it's tingly and it's uncomfortable, but it gets the job done and, oh, the job of it.

delicate flower

Hello, fellow CT residents!  Simsbury checking in, born and raised in Southington.  I spend a lot of time running on the Simsbury/Avon/Farmington rail trail.  Brady, you've probably seen me after work.  Big grin

This forum looks pretty quiet.  It'd be cool to see it pick up. 

<3

BradyS71

Fast Penquin

MTB I run from Dyno Nobel (Ensign Bickford) north past Iron horse in the morning from 6-7, and found a new route heading south to Weatogue then up to Bushy Hill and down to the high school.  But I only run in the mornings at work.  But its a great trail.

Tick: I'm sure millions of viewers out there are just wondering what it's like to wear the tights of justice. Well, it's tingly and it's uncomfortable, but it gets the job done and, oh, the job of it.

Run Like a Mother

Hey, I'm from Vernon!  I run (read: jog very slowly) on the rail trail here in Vernon.  It's nice and flat and shady in the summer Smile.  I was registered for the Manchester Road Race and was a big fat DNS this year because my dog is sick and can't be left alone.  I have run it twice before.  My goal is to someday make it in under an hour (last time was 1:01:05), so that should tell you how slow I am.  But that hill is a KILLER!  Would love for this CT group to pick up.  I need LOTS of motivation!

Linda

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Looks like the new influx added some new blood here - maybe we can get some more activity going amongst us !

I'm in Milford myself, and I run with the Milford Road Runners down here / there - anyone else running with a local club?