Connecticut Runners

Racing this weekend? (Read 8 times)

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Somebody's gotta be doing something - don't waste this beautiful weather!

I'll be up at Session Woods WMA in Burlington for their 5k/10K Run For The Woods trail race.  What are y'all doing?

I'll be in Allentown, Lehigh Valley marathon.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

delicate flower

Good luck, guys!  I'm saving my legs for Gulf Beach next weekend.  I've got my sights set on a PR.  DW is doing the women's triathlon Sunday at Winding Trails in Farmington.  I'll be support/driver/sherpa/personal photographer. 

<3

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Good Luck Kevin ! Some beautiful country down there - hope they route you through those areas!

Baboon, I'll see you at Gulf Beach - planning to race that too, as part of marathon training (well, maybe just run, as opposed to racing it) Don't wear those legs out too much doing sherpa duty, and Good Luck to your wife as well.

Yeah. It was a pretty nice course. Super super flat. And the weather was okay.

You don't actually get to see too much, as the majority is on the canal path... So trees and river. But still nice. And more importantly, fast!

and, good luck at gulf beach guys!

delicate flower

Kevin, I just stalked your log to see the marathon recap.  Congrats on the sub-3:00!  Great job working through those leg issues.

<3

delicate flower

Baboon, I'll see you at Gulf Beach - planning to race that too, as part of marathon training (well, maybe just run, as opposed to racing it) Don't wear those legs out too much doing sherpa duty, and Good Luck to your wife as well.

I'll see you there!  You'll have to tell me what to look for so I can recognize you.  Big grin  The weather is looking damn near perfect.  Sunny and 50 for gun time.  Let's hope that holds up.

<3

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

I'll see you there!  You'll have to tell me what to look for so I can recognize you.  Big grin  The weather is looking damn near perfect.  Sunny and 50 for gun time.  Let's hope that holds up.

Haven't decided what I'll be wearing that day - may be a green Milford Road Runners / Woodbridge Running Co. singlet, or maybe a blue singlet with red "swamp2k" letters.

Might be easier to just look for the guy who looks like he ran 2 miles to get there, since that's my plan for that day.  Run from home plus 1/2 marathon plu srun back home = long run.

Or you could just wear your Mickey hat.

delicate flower

Haven't decided what I'll be wearing that day - may be a green Milford Road Runners / Woodbridge Running Co. singlet, or maybe a blue singlet with red "swamp2k" letters.

Might be easier to just look for the guy who looks like he ran 2 miles to get there, since that's my plan for that day.  Run from home plus 1/2 marathon plu srun back home = long run.

Or you could just wear your Mickey hat.

I'll be wearing blue shorts and blue compressions sleeves.  I'll stick out like a sore thumb.  Big grin

<3

Racing tonight - corporate 5k (I'm on the committee). Weather looks craptacular - we'll be lucky to get it in between storm cells.

This weekend looking downright awesome for Gulf Beach though. Good luck guys.

delicate flower

Mgerwn, how'd your race go??  I looked around for you a bit after the race but didn't hang out for too long.  I got the hell out of dodge before it got too crazy.

The wind beat me up the second half of the race.  Not bad, but enough that it wore on me a bit.  I finished in 1:36:05, good for an 8:55 PR.  Nuttin wrong with that!

<3

It's been too long since my last race, and it's too long until my next race...Kent Pumpkin Run (Oct 27). One of those classic old (37th year) new england races - and for whatever reason I've never done this one. But always wanted to. 5 miles, beautiful fast course, usually draws a pretty fast up front (there's a little money, so some ny clubbers come up, plus Joe Lemay - local legend and one time olympic trials guy - always runs it). Good chance for me to dust off a very old 5 mile PR (not a common distance I guess). It's the Sunday of my 20th (yikes!) HS reunion, so good excuse not to be a drunken idiot on Saturday (will save that for Friday). There will be plenty of costumes, of course, and traditional guy who runs in a huge pumpkin head (and gets a 2 minute "head" -ha- start) with some money going to charity for every runner who passes him (or something like that). Anyway, really looking forward to it.

Any other good ones coming up?

delicate flower

Hartford Marathon this weekend!  Wife and I are doing the half.  I'm hoping to PR again, and I'll actually run the thing on rested and tapered legs.

Good luck on your 5 miler, Kevin!  We're doing the Wrentham Halloween Duathlon that day.  3 mile run, 11 mile bike, 2 mile run.  I've been seriously slacking on the bike miles.  Hope I remember how to ride a bike.

<3

Hartford Marathon this weekend!  Wife and I are doing the half.  I'm hoping to PR again, and I'll actually run the thing on rested and tapered legs.

Good luck on your 5 miler, Kevin!  We're doing the Wrentham Halloween Duathlon that day.  3 mile run, 11 mile bike, 2 mile run.  I've been seriously slacking on the bike miles.  Hope I remember how to ride a bike.

Sweet. Good luck in Hartford! You've been on a good tear lately, so keep it up.

What's a bike?

Quick update: Kent Pumpkin Run is awesome, and well worth a trip up. Beautiful course (especially this time of year), and really well done.