Connecticut Runners

How many CT towns have you run in? (Read 15 times)

Just another little something to keep track of, for fun...

List of 169 towns in CT

grwein was telling me about his quest to run a race in all 169 towns, which is craziness - I don't even know if it's possible. Got me thinking about how many towns in CT I've run in (let alone raced in). Turns out, not so many.

Right now I'm at 24 (had to leave a few off I wasn't sure about that I probably ran in when I was younger, but can't confirm/remember, so just went with confirmed runs).

So far for me:

Bethel*

Bridgewater

Brookfield*

Danbury*

Greenwich*

Kent*

Milford

Monroe*

New Milford*

Redding*

Sherman

New Haven*

Stamford*

Darien*

Weston*

West Haven*

Southport*

Madison*

Fairfield*

Ridgefield

Litchfield*

Roxbury*

Newtown

Norwalk

Kind of tells you where I hang out, huh? Grew up in Stamford, a little school in New Haven, and now live/work around Danbury.

How about you? Any plans to conquer em all?

MTA: * for "raced in" towns...only 17 of those.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Hip Redux

I've seen these folks at a few races:  http://www.debticonn.org/

Athlinks says I've done races in:

Bolton

West Hartford

East Hartford

Hartford

Windham

Hebron

Simsbury

Tolland

Willington

Wethersfield

Measly 10!  Lots of repeats in the same cities...

Oh wow. I had no idea it was an official "thing" with a club and everything. Neat. Nerdy...but neat.

delicate flower

Measly 10!  Lots of repeats in the same cities...

Yeah but how many of those races crossed over into other towns?  I think that counts!  You forgot Glastonbury (River Run).

Here's my list.  Not much bigger.

Avon

Colebrook

East Granby

East Hartford

Farmington

Glastonbury

Hartford

Manchester

Milford

New Hartford

Newington

Simsbury

West Hartford

Wethersfield

Willington

<3

Hip Redux

Yeah but how many of those races crossed over into other towns?  I think that counts!  You forgot Glastonbury (River Run).

That's right!  Athlinks has the RR in IL for some reason.

Also - Manchester!

CT JEFF

Canton

Avon

Farmington

New Hartford

Simsbury

Plainville

Middlebury

Winsted

Hartford

Colebrook

West Hartford

Oh yeah- Kent

*I like the idea of this thread. I look forward to modifying my list. I have been looking at the roads in my town. Considering running every single one as a challenge. I saw a shirt "we run this town".

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

Added Ansonia (race) and Mystic so far this year.

Though, I guess Mystic is really Groton - like Gaylordsville is really New Milford, or Cos Cob is really Greenwich, or Sandy Hook is Newtown. If we got to count all the "made-up" towns the list would be a lot longer I reckon.

MTA: after looking at the map, I guess technically my mystic run was both Groton and Stonington. Score.

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Suppose I ought to add my list in here, since Kevin mentioned me in the OP (almost a year ago now... Wow time flies).

So far I've hit 42:

Andover              Ansonia         Branford           Bridgeport       Burlington               Cheshire
                  Colchester          Coventry         Danbury           East Lyme       Essex                     Fairfield
                  Franklin               Groton             Guilford            Hartford          Harwinton              Litchfield
                  Mansfield            Meriden           Milford               Monroe           Naugatuck             New Haven
                  New London       New Milford    N. Branford       N. Canaan      Norwalk                 Old Saybrook
                  Orange               Plainfield          Salisbury          Shelton           Stamford                Stratford
                  Trumbull              W. Hartford      W. Haven         Westport         Windsor Locks      Woodbridge

When I joined the 169ers (Debticonn) a little over a year ago, I was the 85th member.  As of our October annual meeting, there are now over 450 of us.  Thanks to that volume, we're now actually driving race creation.  A couple of timing companies are coordinating races in towns that don't have races yet, and using us as a marketing tool to sort-of guarantee a good turnout.

Added Middletown yesterday. Bacon Field House (false advertising! NO bacon at ALL) at Wesleyan College for an indoor meet. Word is they're replacing the surface this summer - good call as it is pretty beat up.

run-chris-run

Definitely expected more than what I have here:

Bethel
                      Bridgeport
                      Danbury
                      Darien
                      Easton
                      Fairfield
                      Greenwich

Guilford
                      Kent

New Canaan
                      New Haven
                      Norwalk
                      Redding
                      Ridgefield
                      Stamford

West Haven
                      Weston
                      Westport
                      Wilton

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Kevin you should officially join.  Last I checked there are no other members from Newtown (along with about 20 other towns in the state). You'd get us closer to a side goal of the group - having a member runner from each of the 169 towns.

Added Middletown yesterday. Bacon Field House (false advertising! NO bacon at ALL) at Wesleyan College for an indoor meet. Word is they're replacing the surface this summer - good call as it is pretty beat up.

Kevin you should officially join.  Last I checked there are no other members from Newtown (along with about 20 other towns in the state). You'd get us closer to a side goal of the group - having a member runner from each of the 169 towns.

Right now working on all 600 roads in Newtown (up to 170 now). That's occupying my weird running obsession side for now...

And I'm actually not the only person doing it - runnewtown.blogspot - she's way into this, and a very good writer/photographer too.

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Right now working on all 600 roads in Newtown (up to 170 now). That's occupying my weird running obsession side for now...

And I'm actually not the only person doing it - runnewtown.blogspot - she's way into this, and a very good writer/photographer too.

And I thought 169 towns was an odd quest...

Dammit, now I'm wondering how many streets and miles of roads there are to run in Milford!