Connecticut Runners

2015 Who's Racing Where - Post 'Em if You Got 'Em (Read 15 times)

delicate flower

If you haven't done a summer series race (like white woods in litchfield, or waveny in new canaan, or the ones in meriden, newington, bolton, or handful of others - just check hitek calendar for weekday summer races) - do yourself a favor and do one. They range from FREE to a couple of bucks, are super laid back, yet usually bring out some great competition, and just harken back to a time...let's just call it a "pre Competitor Group" time. So much fun. Real running community.

I've been doing the Winding Trails off-road triathlon series this summer.  It's a 10 race sprint series every Tuesday.  I paid $100 for five races, which is cheap for a tri (normally around $70 for a sprint).  450 yard swim, 5 mile mountain bike, "5K" trail run (measures 2.9 miles).  Anyway, to echo your point, it's an awesome laid-back vibe, but the competition is tough.  Normally in a multisport event, I'm one of the faster runners.  I'm lucky if I crack the top third in this series.

<3

Good luck this weekend Old Wethersfield runners!

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
      yond

Thanks Kevin.  I will do it again this year, but definitely not in good shape.  Also it is very humid these days, should be a hard race.

Good luck this weekend Old Wethersfield runners!

delicate flower

42:16 for me in Old Wethersfield today.  39 second PR.  I was hoping to be a little faster but what can ya do.  Definitely humid today.  I was soaked when the race ended.  At least it wasn't hot.

<3

yond

Almost 40s slower than last year

Labor Day Weekend...whatcha got? Anybody heading to new haven on Monday?

I'm in for Newtown Road Race (5K) tomorrow morning. Looks like Sat morning is winning the weather lottery so far. 8am temps supposed to be high fifties with dew point in low to mid fifties - can't beat that.

delicate flower

Kevin, congrats on the WIN!  (I just stalked your log).  Definitely a beautiful morning for a race.  Great job on the victory.

No race for me this weekend...marathon training.  Surftown HM this coming Sunday.

<3

Thanks, Phil. Good luck at Surftown. Take it easy this week in this heat.

Anybody going to be at Kent?

And speaking of Kent I am probably unnecessarily excited for this race. Last year the top three guys (all 47 years old) were:are running heroes to me...and yet, I'm in shape to take at least one of them down - it has potential to be a really fun race

delicate flower

And speaking of Kent I am probably unnecessarily excited for this race. Last year the top three guys (all 47 years old) were:are running heroes to me...and yet, I'm in shape to take at least one of them down - it has potential to be a really fun race

Sweet!  Good luck, Kevin!

<3

Sweet!  Good luck, Kevin!

And good luck to you at Hartford this weekend!