Connecticut Runners

Racing This Weekend? Who has what ? Share 'em if you got 'em ! (Read 12 times)

Hip Redux

Well...as I'm quoted in this article (which I can't believe came out already - it's only 3 hours since the race was run), it definitely was a "nice" race.

Decent finish pic of me in there too.

Awesome Smile

yond

Fantastic!

Well...as I'm quoted in this article (which I can't believe came out already - it's only 3 hours since the race was run), it definitely was a "nice" race.

Decent finish pic of me in there too.

Thanks guys.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Racing this weekend, against all better judgment (I've been sputtering along on one wheel with PF, and am just now starting to feel like a runner again with two feet). But it's on a golf course, and looks pretty neat. Should be small and fairly low key. Ridgefield Fairway 5k.

No time expectations, just looking forward to racing again, and hopefully the foot holds together.

delicate flower

Kevin, just saw in your log that you won the 5K and "cruised" to an 18:32 victory.  Nice job!  

<3

delicate flower

I've decided to do the Freedom Run 5K in Hartford this Sunday.  I've been wholly focused on marathon training and have done little speedwork lately.  I have low expectations for this race.  My last 5K was 21:07 on exhausted legs.  It'd be nice to beat that.

<3

Thanks Baboon. Not the most competitive race, but a win is a win, so I'll take it.

A nice 5k sounds like a good shake up to the big work you've been putting in. Enjoy it, run tall and fast feet...

delicate flower

Get any good swag for that win?  I like to hear about those things, being the materialistic pig that I am.

<3

I don't know...that is to say, I didn't stick around to find out. Had to rush outta there to take my son to his karate class, so I was there long enough to cheer in the first female, then just told the RD I had to boogie. He said something about "contact me later and I'll have something for you", but I told him not to worry about it, unless it's cash - which it's not, since this was a fundraiser for the public golf course.

Race was neat just for being something different from a road race. I'd do it again.

delicate flower

Maybe he had some golf gear for you, in which case, good call on not sticking around.  

The 5K I'm doing Sunday and is mostly on hard packed dirt trails.  Like you, I'm doing it because it's different.  Plus it comes with a winter hat instead of a tech shirt, so there's that.

<3

USATF CT Junior XC championships this weekend at White Woods in Litchfield...while there is an adult race at 9, I'm not running. But my son is doing the 8 and under 2k - his first race. We've been "training" on the weekends (my favorite run of the week). Anyway, he's one of 4 boys running "unattached", 14 others are on clubs. We'll see what happens, just hope he has fun...

delicate flower

Good luck to Mini-Kevin!!

<3

Great experience. First race under his belt - yeah, confirmed he's got a long way to go, but he had a good time, saw all the clubs (and wants to join one) and learned what's possible. 16th out of 17, with 11:17, but a big grin at the end. Good stuff.

delicate flower

Nice picture, Kevin!

I've got the Philadelphia Marathon this Sunday.  Weather is looking like perfect marathon conditions.  SWEET.

<3

I've got the Philadelphia Marathon this Sunday.  Weather is looking like perfect marathon conditions.  SWEET.

Good luck! Run tall and fleet feet and all that other helpful runningish advice...