Connecticut Runners

Racing This Weekend? Who has what ? Share 'em if you got 'em ! (Read 12 times)

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

I'm not even sure I know where Harwinton is. lol

Good luck though!

Me either Smile - turns out it's right next to Burlington.

Right off exit 42 on Rte 8, 2 miles down the road.

Tough, HILLY course - reminded me of the Stratford Sweetheart race in February. 2 long not-easy climbs, one other very steep one, lots of toenail-beating drops in there too... and another upgrade at the end just for fun.

Tons of volunteers, though, and a good turnout for such a small town - 244 finishers.

Tvat at ended up being #38, though - I decided to knock out Essex on Saturday as well. Another well attended event - dont know how many finishears but if I had to guess I'd say 300? Also well organized and plenty of volunteers, plus lots of good food after. If you're looking for different races to try next year I'd recommend these two.

MazyRuns

I would love to race this weekend (June 28th or 29th), or even the weekend after so i can figure out where I am training wise. 5k is good, 10k is better....where are the races?!

5K--19:01  10k--40:40   half--1:35:47   full--3:17.28

hitekracing.com/calendar

they don't miss much on there, take your pick

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
        mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

I would love to race this weekend (June 28th or 29th), or even the weekend after so i can figure out where I am training wise. 5k is good, 10k is better....where are the races?!

There are a bunch of 5Ks either weekend - depends where you're traveling from.

The most comprehensive schedule is on www.hitekracing.com, but there's also Rat Race timing (www.aratrace.com), Southern New England Road Runners Organization (www.snerro.com), and of course Running In The Usa (http://www.runningintheusa.com/Race/List.aspx?State=CT)

And there are several other smaller timing companies that maintain calendars of races as well (Plattsys Timing and Greystone Racing come to mind quickly).  My first check, though, is usually Hitek.

Personally, I'd recommend racing on July 4th in Milford, but that's only because my running club organizes the race and I think we do a pretty darn good job of it Smile.  (Courtney Honda Independence 5000, if you're interested -signup info available on Hitek

Here's the list for the next two weekends - oddly, there's nothing in CT on Sunday July 6th.

No 10ks, but there is a 5 miler in Bridgeport, and an 8K in Bethel

Wallingford Gaylord Gaunlet 5K Trail Run - 5K - 10:00m - Wallingford v  6/28/2014
          Westport Westport Summer Series - 2.3M - 8:00am - Westport - (203)341-5090 6/28/2014
          Roxbury Roxbury Race Series - 8:30am - Roxbury - (860)354-3521 6/28/2014
          Derby Derby Boys & Girls Club 5K Run/Walk - 5K - 9:00am - Derby v  6/29/2014
          Orange Doc's Race - 5K - 10:00am - Orange - (203) 481-7453  6/29/2014
          Bridgeport BIG Barnum Circus Run - 5K/5M - 8:00am - Bridgeport - (860) 652-8866 v  6/29/2014
          Chester Chester Rotary Road Race - 4M - 9:00am - Chester - (860)526-9058 7/4/2014
          Bethel Firecracker Road Race - 8k - 9:00am - Bethel - (203)794-8531 7/4/2014
          Windham Willimantic Boom Box Mile - 1M - 10:00am - Willimantic - (860)456-4451 7/4/2014
          Norwich Norwich Rec Runs - 3M - 7:00pm - Norwich - (860)563-3264 7/4/2014
          Milford Courtney Honda Independence 5000 - 5K - 9:00am - Milford  7/4/2014
          New Britain Cross Country Challenge - Var - 6:45pm - New Britain 7/4/2014
          New Canaan Four on the Fourth - 4M - 9:00am - New Canaan - (203)849-8646  7/4/2014
          Stonington Stonington Fun Run - Var - 6:00pm - Stonington - (860)535-5015 7/4/2014
          Stafford Bruce Beaupre Memorial Road Race - 5K - 9:00am - Stafford 7/5/2014
          Portland Mid-Summer Youth All-Comers Track & Field Meet -9:30am - Portland 7/5/2014
          Enfield Enfield Celebration Road Race - 5K - 6:00pm - Enfield - (860) 749-1820  7/5/2014
          East Hartford Riverfest 5K - 5K - 8:30am - East Hartford - (860)282-8240 7/5/2014
          Fairfield Wakeman Boys & Girls Club Youth Run - 2M - 9:30am - Southport 7/5/2014
          Westport Westport Summer Series - 3.1M - 8:00am - Westport - (203)341-5090 7/5/2014
          Roxbury Roxbury Race Series - 8:30am - Roxbury - (860)354-3521 7/5/2014

Cheapest mile in the area coming up in 1 week:

http://www.townoflitchfield.org/pages/LitchfieldCT_Rec/RoadRaces/nightmiles

$2 to race a mile on a Mondo track (stuff olympic tracks are made of - awesome and springy). I'll be there next Tuesday night (as long as there aren't any thunderstorms coming).

Forecast telling me no on tonight's mile. Switching up to White Woods XC summer series on Thursday. Still just $2. And should be a sloppy mud fest...

delicate flower

Litchfield Hills Triathlon this Sunday.  Wife is doing the triathlon and I am doing the duathlon.  This will probably be my only multi-sport event of the year, especially since I don't swim.  (4.5K run, 40K bike, 10K run)

<3

If you get a chance to run one of the White Woods XC races in Litchfield (Thursday nights in the summer)...do it. So much fun. Low key, $2, and a real XC experience. Good stuff.

My first time tonight. Perfect weather (for summer). Lots of folks, and I had a blast.

Heading back to New Milford this Saturday.

The traditional New Milford Road Race (8 miles) is kinda screwy this year, as there is major construction on the route, so they've had to change it (shorten it looks like to 7.1 miles). Sort of bummed, but sort of relieved too - my Achilles is acting up a bit. So I'll be running the "5K" option (really 3.25 miles, as it shares the start/finish with the 8, the distance is a bit off). Two nasty "little" hills in quick succession define this course.

In general the town does a great job with these races - don't come here looking to run a fast time, but a well run race experience is almost guaranteed.

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Been off for a couple weekends due to vacation, but back at it this weekend! I'll be up in Andover for the Hop River 10k / 5K.  $25 for either race - not a bad deal at all.  I'll be doing the 10k, getting the maximum miles for my money.

Wow -  a flatish 10k on a closed park trail for $25? That's pretty sweet.

Good luck (or if you read this after you're done) - hope it was a great run!

MazyRuns

I was at the Hop River Run today as well! It was a fun race...congrats to all!

5K--19:01  10k--40:40   half--1:35:47   full--3:17.28

delicate flower

Old Wethersfield 10K tomorrow.  First race of the fall race season for me!  Hoping to get it started with a bang.

<3

Newtown Road Race (5K), on Saturday...hoping to hack some time off the PR. Weather looks pretty decent (humid but cool).

And then next Thursday is King of the Hill (corporate 5k run on our work campus here). Hoping to win that - but of course depends on who shows up.

Newtown Road Race (5K), on Saturday...hoping to hack some time off the PR. Weather looks pretty decent (humid but cool).

Well...as I'm quoted in this article (which I can't believe came out already - it's only 3 hours since the race was run), it definitely was a "nice" race.

Decent finish pic of me in there too.