Connecticut Runners

Hitek calendar (Read 83 times)

Hey all. I pretty much plan all my racing using the calendar on Hitek -  http://hitekracing.com/calendar/

It seems pretty comprehensive, but I always feel like maybe I'm missing something. Do you use any other race calendars for upcoming races that they don't capture?

I guess my biggest bummer is Jan/Feb, which just don't seem to have a lot aside from the new years day races and  the boston build-ups.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
    mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Hey there Kevin - yeah Hitek is pretty much the main one I use as well.  I can check with a friend who's and RD and has been around for about 30 years in the CT running scene, to see if he knows of others.  The other one that comes to mind is the SNERRO calendar (I think Mohegan Striders keep it) - they cover moreof the New London area, but there's a lot of overlap with them and Hitek too. 

One I'll suggest (shameless plug as it's my club that organizes and runs it) is the Winter Wonderland 5 miler in Milford.  Pretty flat course, and great homemade soup and buffet afterward!

Interesting...I do miss Milford. I lived right on the green there. Great places to run along the shore. It's just a liiiitle bit far away, but given the dearth of Jan races, I'll have to consider it.

delicate flower

Cool, thanks for the link!  I usually use runningintheusa.com but this will be much easier for finding CT races.  Much appreciated.  

<3

And speaking of, they just updated the calendar, so 2013 races are up through July...

Run Like a Mother

I use that calendar too.  The Finally Spring 5k trail race in March is really great.  I'll probably do that one again.  Includes two laps around the Howard/Porter Reservoir.  So nice.

Linda

bojangles

Cool, thanks for the link!  I usually use runningintheusa.com but this will be much easier for finding CT races.  Much appreciated.  

Me too. runningtheusa.com has always been my go to site. Thanks for that link,