Connecticut Runners

2016 Sandy Hook 5k - reg opens this Sunday (Read 9 times)

Shameless plug - registration for this year's Sandy Hook 5k opens Sunday at 4pm. Last year it sold out in 2 days. We opened it to 1800 slots, and it will probably sell out quick again, so if you have any interest, sign up page is below:

https://runsignup.com/Race/CT/Newtown/SandyHookRunforFamilies

Also, if any of you have contacts at your business (usually in marketing communications, but whoever is in charge of corporate giving, or if you're just a small business who would like to donate dollars or goods in kind) you would like to pass on to me, we're still signing up sponsors.

Appreciate it all. Everything goes to Collaborative Recovery Fund administered by the Newtown-Sandy Hook Community Foundation which pays the out of pocket mental health expenses for those eligible who have been most impacted by the 12-14-12 tragedy.

Thanks guys.

Oh yeah - race is April 2.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
    mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Thanks for  the info, Kevin. I'm waiting on a friend to decide if she's running the Greater Hartford 1/4 that day - I'll have to push her to commit before Sunday.  She's also interested in doing this one, and two races in one day is not an option for her.

Bands! Food Trucks! Cute kids! Super friendly people! Raffle! Firemen (running in gear)! And is she a teacher (or work for schools in any way)? This year's honorees are school employees (first year it was families, last year first responders). First 300 school employees who register get a special shirt. And tons of recognition. Plus it's a nice course, with a really competent race committee.

1076 of 1800 slots taken so far...there's still time to sign up...

https://vimeo.com/152693897

Great video (3mins) from last year...

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

I'm in.  My friend is going to run the 1/4 marathon, she was already registered there.

I'm convinced I can finish the race and get to W. Hartford in time to cheer her in at the finish.

I'm in.  My friend is going to run the 1/4 marathon, she was already registered there.

I'm convinced I can finish the race and get to W. Hartford in time to cheer her in at the finish.

Awesome! We'll see you there. You may beat me in this one (running with the family)!

beat

Break on through

It sounds like a great race!  The date doesn't work out for me.  Otherwise I would have liked to run it.  Good luck!

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."