Connecticut Runners

Introduce yourself to the group! (Read 463 times)

jerkasaurus

DYEL?

Hello neighbors.  

I live on the shoreline in New Haven County.  I don't really run much at all anymore, but I do ride my bike when it's light out and I'm an aspiring powerlifter.  

themayonegg.com | baseball staches | fitocracy: @Hodorific

BradyS71

Fast Penquin

No organized clubs near me, except maybe Norwich or Mohegan.  I have thought of joining a club but my life is too busy and I just squeeze my runs in.

Tick: I'm sure millions of viewers out there are just wondering what it's like to wear the tights of justice. Well, it's tingly and it's uncomfortable, but it gets the job done and, oh, the job of it.

delicate flower

MTB I run from Dyno Nobel (Ensign Bickford) north past Iron horse in the morning from 6-7, and found a new route heading south to Weatogue then up to Bushy Hill and down to the high school.  But I only run in the mornings at work.  But its a great trail.

Heh...I run those roads all the time.  Big grin  I live off Bushy Hill.  Speaking of which, don't let Bushy Hill Road fool you running north from the high school.  That is one gradual steady uphill for about three miles.  I never really noticed until I was 12 miles into a run.  

I am a member of the Hartford Track Club, pretty much by membership and donation only.  The only time I run with them is when I do their races.

<3

bojangles

Am I the only one who lives in southeastern CT? Seems that way. You are all missing out.

Is this forum firing back up? 

Right now I live in Gaylordsville (New Milford), but born in Hartford, grew up in Stamford, lived in Stamford, Greenwich, Milford, went to grad school in New Haven, and work in Danbury. 

This state has a great running tradition and some really cool races. Hope this group has a little mo' now with the new blood.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
            We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
            mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Looks like it might be, Kevin - new blood is a good thing! I've also added the group link to my signature line to try and drum up a bit more interest.  I know there's a few other people I've met IRL that use RA, that I'm going to try and pull over here as well.  If any of y'all know anyone else who might be interested, give them the news & link and see if they'd want to join us.  The more the merrier!

bojangles

Looks like it might be, Kevin - new blood is a good thing! I've also added the group link to my signature line to try and drum up a bit more interest.  I know there's a few other people I've met IRL that use RA, that I'm going to try and pull over here as well.  If any of y'all know anyone else who might be interested, give them the news & link and see if they'd want to join us.  The more the merrier!

For sure. Lets try and get CT popping again.

CT JEFF

HI All. Canton CT here. I was running Canton / Burlington / Avon until early December. Havent been on the trails yet, but we have some amazing trails in our state. Glad to be in this group. Did my first run as a 5K in Aug and my last race as a 10K on Jan 1st. Signed up for a marathon in the Berkshires this spring. Longest run so far, just over 13.3m. So, I need to get my training going! Im up about 5 lbs since early Dec, and want be down at least 10 lbs from where I am right now by race day. Im new to this site, so I'll ease in with more info later. -JEFF

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

Welcome Jeff! Might have to break out the snowshoes to hit the trails today. And you, for all the cool trails we do have (my favorites are the little section of AT we have here through Kent and the trails in Sleeping Giant park down in Hamden), there don't seem to be all that many trail races. Maybe I'm just not seeing them.

Anyway, welcome and good luck as you work your training towards the marathon.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

CT JEFF

Gvill Kevin, I agree. It seems there are not enough of these races. I did a 5K Lobster Loop, in Canton CT. It was RIGHT NEXT TO part of the Farmington River trail. Maybe because it was a new section of trail and an older race, they decided to stay with the old route? Another thought I had, where I run, I go through 3 towns. It might take extra work, but a 10K or longer race could have a huge turnout.

I am volunteering for the Lobster Loop this year. Maybe I'll find out more during the planning stages.

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

NomadicAce

Howdy Everyone,

I am a new(ish) 22 year old runner in Hartford, been here 5 months, who mostly grew up in Texas. No I do not actually say "howdy" nor do I have an accent. Mostly do my runs in the area between Hartford and West Hartford. Stay safe out there and keep putting down those miles!

CT JEFF

Hello NormadicAce- Welcome to the group.

Some good areas to run in WH. Have you run any races? What is your normal run distance?  -JEFF

NomadicAce

Hey the name is Ben. Yeah I ran in the Manchester Road Race and the Trail Race for Autism 5 miler at Farmington's Winding Trails. Was a Division 1 college runner but am not that interested in races these days and just cruise with whomever I go with.  I run about 70 miles or so a week but have tuned down to more so mid 50s with the snow/ice hindering my routes.

jacknewyork

I am in Fairfield, CT. try to run Fairfield H.M. in June.

CT JEFF

Im planning on joining the Hartford Running Group. Anyone in that group already?