Connecticut Runners

Introduce yourself to the group! (Read 463 times)

Im planning on joining the Hartford Running Group. Anyone in that group already?

You know, I spent a good chunk of yesterday afternoon looking through the USATFCT site - I really would like to join a competitive team. There really aren't that many though.

Basically comes down to:

EKG - New Haven (seems pretty invite only)

New Haven Road Runners

Milford Road Runners (I think Mgerwin is part of these guys)

Mohegan Striders (Norwich)

Hartford Track Club

Housatonic Road Runners (Cheshire)

And that's it. 6, with 4 in the New Haven area, one Hartford, one Norwich. Pretty lame. I might have to make the effort to get one going myself. There's certainly enough talent around Danbury, just need some energy.

So, sorry, that doesn't answer your question at all. Good luck.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Well...good news for me, Woodbridge Running Co. - Brookfield just started a club. Sweet.

As for your question about HTC, just based on the web site and their results in the CT grand-prix series, looks like a good group.

delicate flower

Im planning on joining the Hartford Running Group. Anyone in that group already?

I'm a member pretty much by membership donation only.  I do some of their races but don't get much more involved than that.  They have always been extremely friendly at their events I've attended.  And they had a booth set up at the Hartford Marathon last year and let members leave their bag there.  Saved me a huge bag check pain in the ass!  It's worth mentioning that they have had cake and pie at all their races I've done.  That alone is worth the price of membership.

<3

Hip Redux

*waves hello*

Oski from northeastern CT reporting in!

Hey Oski. Yeah, this place kinda lost its mo'. I was gonna do a nice little write up of the Roxbury Series which I jumped in last week, and maybe something on the Stratton Faxon Greater Danbury stuff next weekend...but...seems like CT runners are scattered throughout the RAweb and don't come 'round here no mo.

Hip Redux

Yeah, I saw it was pretty dead, but I figured I'd say hello to the folks hanging out in the cobwebs. Big grin

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Welcome Oski !  Yeah there's not a lot of us, and it's not the most active place on RA, but check in from time to time anyway.  If you notice any other CT RA peeps, invite 'em in.

CT JEFF

Hey guys - I forgot about the User Groups on RA. Well - I'll be in MA for next week, and running in MA on Jan 1st, but I'll be in Hartford for ARENA ATTACK on 1/25/14. Smile

I love the HTC races! I went to the Spring 1/4 marathon,  the SummerSolstice 5k, and the fall Hogsback HM. All were run great and were a great value. I havent been able to do any weekly runs with them. I did find a group this year (they formed this year) in Middlebury- Trails to Ales - one of the sponsors was Pies and Pints.

Happy Thanksgiving -

RUN SAFE.     Barefoot 1st: 6/9/13. PR: 5k=22:50 10k=47:46 HM 1:51. FM 4:28 Oct 2015 joined RUN 169!

yond

Hi, I am from hartford area. I ran my first marathon in 2013, the Hartford Marathon.  My next plan is the long island marathon next May.

Happy Running all!

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Welcome Jeff and yond !

delicate flower

Hiya Jeff and yond!

but I'll be in Hartford for ARENA ATTACK on 1/25/14. Smile

That looks...interesting.  Which distance are you doing?  I wonder how long each lap is.  That is going to be a shit-ton of laps no matter what distance you're doing.  Plenty of bathrooms though!

<3

Welcome new peeps.

Yeah, I think I looked at that Arena attack race for about 12 seconds...something like 0.21 miles per lap (61 laps!), or shorter than a track. There's a little spectator section, and I was picturing having to come up with something interesting to say every 90 seconds or so to my family...(or them to me). How many ways to say "way to go" can you come up with? Anyway, have "fun" there...at least it'll be warm.

iRUNforCRAFTbeer

Hi there!

I'm in North Haven, and work in Norwalk... Started running via couch to 5k a couple years ago, on and off, and back on my running routine the past 6 months. I only run about 3 miles every other day, but hope to increase that a bit. Looking forward to chatting with you all!

Sarah

delicate flower

Hi Sarah!

<3

MazyRuns

Hello! I'm Mazy, currently in Andover, though I've lived and run all over the state Smile I've been running and racing for 18 years though I ran my first marathon this past fall in Hartford. I'm currently working on running 1000 miles for the year (won't be able to do another marathon this year unfortunatly).

5K--19:01  10k--40:40   half--1:35:47   full--3:17.28