Connecticut Runners

Racing This Weekend? This Month? Near Future? (Read 240 times)

At this point (no registration site, no course info, no real responses from the organizers) I have my doubts that the Jan 19 Newtown race will happen. And if it does happen, it'll be a giant mess. So leaning back towards skipping that.

That means next race will probably be Danbury Big Chili 5k, Feb 10. Gives me enough time to get a little sharpening in (have neglected speedwork pretty much since sometime in November. Same downtown Danbury course they use for a lot of races (First night, memorial day, etc.).

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
    We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

I am now registered for:

Colchester Half Marathon

Savin Rock Half Marathon

Greater Hartford Quarter Marathon

Just found out my family is likely to be away the weekend of Mar 23, which opens up Savin Rock for me - I'll do the 5k (doing all shorter stuff this year in an effort to get down under 17 mins) - and HOT DAMN that is a F-L-A-T course! I miss racing on the shore. Should be good.

delicate flower

I am now registered for:

Colchester Half Marathon

Savin Rock Half Marathon

Greater Hartford Quarter Marathon

As luck would have it, I will be a

DNS

DNS

DNS

I tore my ACL skiing at Mount Snow three weeks ago and need surgery.  Well, technically I tore my ACL, LCL, MLC, meniscus in two places, and have bone bruising.  Surgery is Feb 2.  I am hoping to be ready for the Hogsback HM in September and Hartford HM in October, though I doubt I'll be going at HM race pace by then.  I'll just be happy if I can cover the distance.

<3

As luck would have it, I will be a

DNS

DNS

DNS

I tore my ACL skiing at Mount Snow three weeks ago and need surgery.  Well, technically I tore my ACL, LCL, MLC, meniscus in two places, and have bone bruising.  Surgery is Feb 2.  I am hoping to be ready for the Hogsback HM in September and Hartford HM in October, though I doubt I'll be going at HM race pace by then.  I'll just be happy if I can cover the distance.

Aw, crap man! That's horrible. Fast healing to you...

I'm going for a boys weekend "skiing" up at Stratton next weekend. Already decided (before I read this) that meant snow shoeing or running while everyone else skied and meeting them back at the lodge. I'm just good enough to get myself in trouble on the slopes (broken thumb, collar bone attest to that in years past), and I decided I'm in too good shape to tempt fate.

Really sorry about your injury. Can't imagine the a) pain and b) disappointment.

delicate flower

Aw, crap man! That's horrible. Fast healing to you...

I'm going for a boys weekend "skiing" up at Stratton next weekend. Already decided (before I read this) that meant snow shoeing or running while everyone else skied and meeting them back at the lodge. I'm just good enough to get myself in trouble on the slopes (broken thumb, collar bone attest to that in years past), and I decided I'm in too good shape to tempt fate.

Really sorry about your injury. Can't imagine the a) pain and b) disappointment.

Thanks, Kevin.  More disappointment than pain right now.  This would only be my third year of running and I had big plans and aspirations.  Now it'll be a lost year of surgery, rehab, and slowly building back up.  I was at Stratton this past weekend for the Susan Komen showshoe event.  I could only manage 3K of the 5K walk.  Too much pain.  But, overall I'm in good spirits and just want to get through this.

<3