Denver Area Runners

The Runnin' Of The Green - 20th Annual (Read 160 times)

Top 'O the World!

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
    Wicked Pickle

Mama Pickle

Mtnchk1 - How was Runnin' of the Green?
      "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." - John Bingham
        Yeah, how was it? Inquiring minds want to know! The weather looked a lot nicer here than where I ran on Sunday. Here's a video from Ch. 4 about some inspirational runners that I know a few of us know personally! MP - How's the ankle?
        Dave
        "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
        --- Clarence DeMar
        Wicked Pickle

Mama Pickle

That is an awesome story!! Sometime remind me to tell you about how I know Nick....it is an amazing story! Thanks for asking about the ankle. It is coming along. Still a little larger than I would like, but I have been told it will take a few months to go down. I have been pounding away either biking or running and it seems to hold up fine. Looking forward to the run with RMRR and then the Cherry Creek Sneak. Aren't you leaving for a marathon at the beginning of April? When are you heading out?
          "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." - John Bingham
            Aren't you leaving for a marathon at the beginning of April? When are you heading out?
            Leaving on the 3rd, race on the 5th, be back for RMRR race on 6th (MAYBE)
            Dave
            --- Clarence DeMar
            Wicked Pickle

Mama Pickle

Tell ya what....if you are there on the 6th, breakfast is on Jim and me! Big grin
              Wicked Pickle

Mama Pickle

Of course....Jim doesn't know that, but that's okay!

Top 'O the World!

It was BEEEOOOTIFUL runnin' weatha!! Big grin Somebody said 6,000 - 7,000-ish mostly costumed folks participating in the 3 events + a few dogs (I didn't take mine, 'cause I didn't know I could- next year Wink ).....Free Beer (Killian's Irish Red) & misc.free food afterwards....folk band playing "traditional Irish music" I personally wasn't quite in ideal form having a social event the night before Blush, & been feeling a chest cold coming on for a few days....then I may have been just a bit too far fwd in the crowd for my own ability (humbling being passed by almost 2,000 people!) & tried to run w/the leaders....didn't do too badly till the 1st hill.....1st walk break! told myself to ease up & just "run the thing".....speeded right back up & needed to walk on the 2nd hill!! Self talk is just not working....I just kept "running w/the crowd" ...hence, 3rd brief walk break - which allowed me to meet a guy who runs my trails - recovering from knee surgery! we jogged into the finish line together Smile kewl. My chip time says I did 45 mins, my Garmin says (& I forgot to hit stop right away!) that I was closer to 40 mins....oh well. Experiential! Wink FR: lime green "Kiss Me I'm Irish" ball cap, lime green tech shirt, black & white "Guinness" pajama pants, mango Pearl Izumi Shines, green shamrock socks, misc. beads, green beer mug earrings! NEXT!! Big grin Big grin
                  Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                    Great job!!! Sounds like we missed quite the fashion show, also! I have a Guinness hockey jersey that would have fit in there nicely! Big grin
                    Dave
                    --- Clarence DeMar
                      Tell ya what....if you are there on the 6th, breakfast is on Jim and me! Big grin
                      I'll be there unless the car breaks down...might finish dead last in the race. Wink AND...I'd let you guys buy breakfast!
                      Dave
                      --- Clarence DeMar
                      Wicked Pickle

Mama Pickle

FR: lime green "Kiss Me I'm Irish" ball cap, lime green tech shirt, black & white "Guinness" pajama pants, mango Pearl Izumi Shines, green shamrock socks, misc. beads, green beer mug earrings!
                        I certainly hope you got pictures!!

Rim Rock Dad

HEY! Shocked
                          James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
                            See what happens when you're away!
                            Dave
                            --- Clarence DeMar