Denver Area Runners

Just a reminder... (Read 151 times)

Rim Rock Dad

...Frosty's Frozen 5 is coming up next sunday, 10 am, down at Chatfield State Park. If anyone else is going to race it, let me know. I know that Mama Pickle is going to be there. If possible, I'd like to set a meeting point for us to get together and get to know each other better. Look forward to seeing you guys there! Big grin
    James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
    seemomgo

I am thinking about it. Is the run on the street portion or on the trails? Conditions (i.e.Ice???) I might just show up. C-mom
      Wicked Pickle

Mama Pickle

Looks like it will be road and bike path. Here is a link to the map: http://www.usatf.org/routes/view.asp?rID=23335
        "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." - John Bingham
        Wicked Pickle

Mama Pickle

Sooo.....are we going to meet up somewhere for Frosty's Frozen Five?
          "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." - John Bingham

Rim Rock Dad

Anyone thats going to the race, Mama Pickle and I will be there @ 9:30. Look for an older honda with plates that say "Pikle" (No, its not a misprint). There was a coffee stall there, we'll try to park near it. Hope to see you there.

Top 'O the World!

OK....so how'd it go guys???? I couldn't go....long, droll story....but anyways!???
              Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Rim Rock Dad

OK, the weather was ok, and got better right before the race. The 5 mile course was dry with patches of ice for the first 2.5, then it went on the bike path going back to the parking lot. This was snow-covered, but enough so you wouldn't slip like you would on bare ice. The guy that won the 5 mile was at the 3 mile marker when I crossed the 2 mile marker. He finished at around 29 minutes, and I figure that it would have been faster if the whole course had been dry. I finished at 44:54, with a 8:59 pace overall. The nice thing is that I think I repeated the kind of run I've been shooting for (where you want to run faster in the last half). I don't think I was as fast on the last half as I would have liked, BUT, after the first mile, no one passed me. I am very happy about that. It only took my over 5 years to be able to do that. The bad news is that Mama Pickle twisted the s*&% out of her ankle about 15 minutes before the race started. She sat this one out, and was really upset that she couldn't run. If she wants, she'll fill in the details for you guys.