Denver Area Runners

Mt. Evans Ascent (Read 188 times)

Rim Rock Dad

Just a heads up, the registration for Mt. Evans opens today. This was recently voted "Most Scenic Race" by Colorado Runner magazine, and sold out last year about 3 months before a foot crossed the start line. I don't know about you guys, but this one's been on my radar for a couple of years now. http://www.racingunderground.com/mtevans/index.html
    James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
      I did that one about 6 years ago. Great run. Expect to walk the last mile or so unless you are made of some serious iron! I have been considering doing it again soon. BTW, where was your picture taken? I have one very similar to it! -Dale

Rim Rock Dad

It was at the Muddy Buddy a couple of years ago. First time I've ever done a race like that, I'm definitely keeping that one on the radar. Maybe this summer...
          I thought that might be it. I've done three of those. Loved it every time. The last was one I did was the first time at the Boulder reservoir (2003 I think).
            James, It looks like this is half filled already. Are you still thinking about it? It's such a fantastically bad idea, I'm starting to give it some serious thought!
            Dave
            "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
            --- Clarence DeMar

Rim Rock Dad

Yep, just trying to get some scratch together so I can get signed up.
              Wicked Pickle

Mama Pickle

If you boys are going to sign up you better do it soon! I just got my Racing Underground e-newsletter and it said there are less than 100 spots left!
                "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." - John Bingham
                  Crap. I can't handle the pressure. Do it. Don't do it. Ugghh, I can't freakin' decide.
                  Dave
                  --- Clarence DeMar

Rim Rock Dad

Crap. I can't handle the pressure. Do it. Don't do it. Ugghh, I can't freakin' decide.
                    DO IT!! DO IT!! I'm in. Cool
                    Wicked Pickle

Mama Pickle

I'll run support for you boys if you like....you know, stand at the top and yell for you to push yourselfs. Big grin
                      "The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start." - John Bingham
                        If it doesn't fill up before I can afford it, I'm in too. Just plopped dough (turn your head and cough Roll eyes....) for marathon and hotel in April. We'll need the support MP!
                        Dave
                        --- Clarence DeMar

Rim Rock Dad

Is that the Eisenhower in Kansas?
                            Is that the Eisenhower in Kansas?
                            Yep.
                            Dave
                            --- Clarence DeMar