Denver Area Runners

Anyone doing Run the Rockies or Slacker Half? (Read 307 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

I've signed up for the Run the Rockies half marathon this Saturday, June 13th, and the Slacker Half Marathon, June 27th.  Anyone else? 

I met Mtnchk and Mairead at Slacker last year - fun race!  And I know Dave did Run the Rockies last year (very fast, too!) 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I'm planning on Run the Rockies... but only the 10k this year.  I think.  I'm also considering Slacker.  A  lot.  But maybe just the 4 mile.  Maybe not. 

I'm thinking shorter races on Saturday mean I can still run long on Sunday... Yes, I'm an idiot.

Dave
      "Run like hell and get the agony over with."
      --- Clarence DeMar
      wildchild

Carolyn

Boy, doing the 10K at Run the Rockies would be fast!   It's seriously downhill!  I thought about that, too, as I would definitely PR, but I decided to do the half again - I guess I have a short memory and I've forgotten what a struggle those  hills were at the end...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Yes, indeed.  It should be a VERY fast 10k.  I need to get the disappointment of the BolderBoulder out of my mind!  Plus, I really am trying to work on some speed this summer...

And, yes, them thare hills sucked!!  I have NOT forgotten! LOL!

Dave
          --- Clarence DeMar

Top 'O the World!

I have to work an event in Conifer on Sat.....haven't totally decided on Slacker yet...
            Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
              wildchild!! WOW!!  Very nice.  You are indeed no Slacker!  Me, on the other hand... I'm a tremendous slacker!
              Dave
              --- Clarence DeMar

Top 'O the World!

Congrats on your great time Carolyn!!!
                Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group