Denver Area Runners

Lakewood Trail Series races - Wednesday evenings (Read 392 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Anyone thinking about doing any of the Lakewood Trail Series races? They're the next 4 Wednesday evenings (starting tonight) at 6 pm at Bear Creek Lake Park. Here's a link: http://www.lakewood.org/comres/page.cfm?ID=561&TrailRunningSeries/ The park is right on my way home, off of C-470, so I'm thinking about it.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Rim Rock Dad

I won't be able to do it. The summer took a toll on the training. I'd like to do it next year though. How did you do in the race?
      James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
      wildchild

Carolyn

Tonight's race was 4 miles and I finished in 36:01, which is fast for me. And a PR, as this was my first 4 mile race! There were maybe 60 or 70 people, nice small race, pretty location, nice trails, mostly single track. They don't do awards by age groups since its so small; just first 3 men and women. I rolled my ankle at about 1.7 miles but after walking a few steps, decided it was OK to keep running. I'm sitting with ice on it now, but I think I'll be OK for my 10K on Sunday (Neder Nederland).

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Top 'O the World!

I have "track drills" w/the TNT group on Wednesdays.....bet I could sub something.....if I can remember! Confused Congrats on the PR Carolyn! Smile
          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Rim Rock Dad

Great job, Carolyn! Nothing like a new PR to keep you going!
            James "We're only at home when we're on the run." -Neil Peart
            wildchild

Carolyn

I ran the second trail race in the series last night. It was 5.2 miles, so a new PR, as I haven't raced that distance before! (The next two races will be PRs too, since they're all odd distances.) Not sure of my exact time but it was about 49:30, or a 9:31 pace. Again, it was a nice small group (60-70), pretty trails, nice evening. Most of the folks are fast, so I'm a back-of-the-packer at these races, instead of my usual mid-pack status, but that's OK. In fact, after about the first mile, I couldn't see anyone in front of me, except for the part around the lake, when I could see a line of runners on the other side. So it was almost like a solo trail run. It's a little hard to keep up a good pace when there's no one in sight in either direction, but it was a good run. Any of you planning to do either of the next two races?